Mechanical Questions Thread

guestionexpired
"
skuadak wrote:
Im making marauder and I think I like Sunder, is there something triple dippin and converting and I need some special items or this 1 will do for starters?

I have these, too

I don't wanna spent currency on this char, because I didn;t finish with 2 others yet.
(simple "yes/no/mayby/let me look into my crystall ball" answer is enough)
edit: or crit mayby?

(hard to left these orbs in peace again, when you've tried them once tbh. t.Anonymus Craftoholic.)

I'm currently defintely finishing with crafting shit out of this base that I found in Oba's map, so there's not even an item that I'm gonna use as starting point yet.

Insisting on phys damage so far, but at every flaring/tyrranical/tempered/ roll I reroll like 5 t1 flat lighting. Makes me think if something rly weird, like 2h ele ST is even possible.
Burn all the orbs!
I've got one for you raics (you seem to be pretty good at this)

Let say my character has all of their mana reserved, eldritch battery, and soul taker (and no energy shield gain on hit, no zealots oath and no ghost reaver)

While I have energy shield my skills will obviously use that to fund my skills.

When I have no energy shield however (No mana or es for my skills to use) does consuming 0 mana/es still interrupt my energy shield recovery?

Once it starts recovering I'll obviously have something to consume so the recharge would be interrupted, but while I have no es I'm not losing any es or mana.

Thanks, and if you don't know I'll have to test in game
I would like to know an answer to the following scenario.

Let's say I do a basic attack.
I have 100 base phys dmg, 300% total increased phys dmg, and 300% total increased chaos dmg.
I also have 40% of physical damage added as chaos dmg.

Will the final damage be calculated as follows?
100 base phys dmg
100 x 4 = 400 phys dmg

400 x 0.4 = 160 base chaos dmg
160 x 4 = 640 chaos dmg

total damage = 400 + 640 = 1040 dmg

If not please describe how it would actually work (or at least what the final damage would be).
Thanks in advance
"
smichal52 wrote:
I would like to know an answer to the following scenario.

Let's say I do a basic attack.
I have 100 base phys dmg, 300% total increased phys dmg, and 300% total increased chaos dmg.
I also have 40% of physical damage added as chaos dmg.

If not please describe how it would actually work (or at least what the final damage would be).
Thanks in advance

Added As works like Conversion in that the change occurs first, but modifiers apply to any type that the damage ever was.

100 base phys damage
40 base phys-chaos damage

100 * 4 = 400 phys damage

40 * (1 + 3 + 3) = 280 chaos damage

total damage = 400 + 280 = 680 dmg

Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
I have been playing for a little while and I found out that something seems incorrect (or worded incorrect), When wearing Wurm’s molt leather belt (Gives "~.1 - .5% of physical attack damage leeched as life") does not give life leech on the gem blade vortex.

This gem specifically states “Physical damage” ("Deals X to X physical damage"), you get 0 life steal from this item using blade vortex. So is it worded incorrectly and blade vortex isn’t physical damage based (or wurm isn’t) or is it supposed to give life steal?
It also specifically states "Attack Damage". Blade Vortex is a Spell, not an Attack.
how many lvls can i be below or above a zone to get full 100% xp for example i am lvl 60 clearing a 68 zone do i get 100% xp?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
"
how many lvls can i be below or above a zone to get full 100% xp for example i am lvl 60 clearing a 68 zone do i get 100% xp?

Unless they changed the formula recently, your "safe range" is 3 + clvl/16

So for example as a level 32 char you get 100% xp in areas level 27 to 37

As a level 12 char you get 100% xp areas level 9 to 15

As a level 64 char you get 100% xp areas level 57 to 71

60/16 is 3.something, so your safe range is 6. You'd need to farm level 66 areas in order to get 100% xp as a level 60 char

Edit: original post had some wrong infos
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Feb 8, 2017, 8:42:45 PM
When enchanting a helmet, Essence of Insanity gives socketed gems 50% of phy as extra lightning damage. If I had physical spectre such as evangelists socketed into a helmet, would they gain the buff?

how do these gloves get all three int dex and str without any craft?

Rarity: Rare
Brimstone Hold
Soldier Gloves
--------
Quality: +12% (augmented)
Armour: 186 (augmented)
Energy Shield: 56 (augmented)
--------
Requirements:
Level: 59
Str: 40
Int: 40