Mechanical Questions Thread

Triggered Skills are exactly the same as if you were normally using them.

1. You won't deal any Damage.
2. From a strictly technical standpoint, yes. However, zero-Damage Ignites do not take effect, thus there's no effect in practical terms.
Hi Mark,

I'm unsure about the true chance to crit when you have an attack that cannot be evaded. I've read the wiki page on critical strikes thoroughly and understand that after a hit is confirmed to pass evasion check, then it has to roll for critical strike, and then it has to pass a second evasion check that doesn't affect entropy.

If an attack cannot be evaded (vigilant strike specifically in my case), does the second evasion check after the crit roll also have a 100% hit rate?

Thank you.
I'm no Mark but also hi!

"
mononaut wrote:
If an attack cannot be evaded (vigilant strike specifically in my case), does the second evasion check after the crit roll also have a 100% hit rate?

Yep.
Awesome, thanks for the super fast reply Vipermagi. I'm planning on writing a guide for my Vigilant Strike crit staff juggernaut soon and want to be certain I've got all the fine details correct.
@Vipermagi, got it.
[quote="Lovecraftuk"]I think the new meta is everyone bitching about the new league. [/quote]
Hi Mark,

Does the "Poison Cursed Enemies on hit" of Cospri's Will cause explosion damage from Abyssal Cry and Gratuitous Violence to apply poison to cursed enemies?

If so, would exploding a large pack apply multiple poison stacks to any monster hit?

Thanks,
Hello,

Can someone tell me if Enemies/Bosses who can't be frozen can be chilled for effects such as the Frostbreath unique? And I'm assuming elemental focus prevents chilling?

My plan is to combine Frostbreath with Weight of the empire jewels, will those multipliers work together?
Last edited by JollyTrolly on Dec 26, 2016, 1:44:09 PM
Hi, I have a few questions that bug me about minions. Since it's really hard to understand their mechanic, here it goes:

first to say, my main 4 minions are Chaos golem, Raise zombie, Summon Raging Spirit and Vaal Summon Skeletons

1) Is there a way to see damage that minion deals in fight?
2) My SRS deals fire damage... when I increase fire damage, and I put my mouse on SRS icon next to mana bar, I see that DPS is increasing. I decided to put "minions deal 16% increased damage" stat jewel, but my dps doesn't change with it or without it, why is that? is it a display bug?
3) Can minion damage % be capped?
4) if my SRS is on chest, and my wand has "30%increased fire damage", will it apply to SRS even it's not on wand?

thank you for your answer
1. No
2. The DPS display you see is nonsense.
3. Only through availability in-game. :P
4.a. Gem location never matters unless the modifier explicitly states "for socketed Gems in this item" or something like that.
4.b. Gear and Passive modifiers do not apply to Minions unless explicitly stated otherwise.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Dec 26, 2016, 6:35:32 PM
I am using Ancestral Warchief and am trying to add support gems to support but the no extra damage shows up on several support gems. I have tried melee damage on full life support, added fire damage, and added lightning damage, and none of them show any additional damage. Is this a problem in reporting of the damage stats, or are actually for some reason not adding damage?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info