Mechanical Questions Thread

How is the behavior of a lvl20 CWDT with multiple of the same spell?
Let's say I reach the damage threshold with CWDT+FirestormA+FirestormB:
FirestormA get's cast and both Firestorm A+B go on cool-down for 250ms.
Will Firestorm B still have the full damage counter?
Will it trigger automatically after the cooldown since the damage condition is met?
Does this all differ if used in separate CWDT setups?

Cold snap + cast while channeling does not obey the power charge rule to bypass the cooldown, was this intentional? If so, why.

Searing bond can not be supported by cast while channeling due to the patch that was done to prevent players from taking advantage of decoy totem when damage taken. Can we please isolate this to just decoy totem? I wanted to do a Scorching ray - cast while channeling - searing bond, but was thwarted due to that patch (which i hadn't even seen occur).

Please reconsider these discrepancies as they are not some insane idea like the past build of the weeks that absolutely wreck everything. Build diversity must be preserved (I say this because these were the most interesting for the new gem, but weren't supported). I also sent this in an email but was redirected here and I have no idea if they are even passing these along anymore, its rather disconcerting (they just say if you have questions, they didn't say anything else, it felt like a copy pasta autoreply bot).
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
when i use conc effect on blade vortex and have no radius nodes is the range so small that some blades dont even hit the boss if i stand inside of him?
Every Class 100
Discord Alex22#8812 if u cant catch me online in Poe
Last edited by Fyndel on Dec 12, 2016, 6:25:07 PM
"
Raghin wrote:
Searing bond can not be supported by cast while channeling due to the patch that was done to prevent players from taking advantage of decoy totem when damage taken. Can we please isolate this to just decoy totem? I wanted to do a Scorching ray - cast while channeling - searing bond, but was thwarted due to that patch (which i hadn't even seen occur).
Please reconsider these discrepancies[..]

1. It's not a discrepancy.
2. This change did not occur to disable CwDT + Decoy.

Totems are not Cast, they are Placed. Their placement speed is no longer affected by Cast Speed, but isntead by Placement Speed. This change was made to balance Totems between casters and attackers; Totems were abysmally slow to place as an attacker when compared to a caster. This naturally also had consequences for the Ranged Attack Totem compared to Spell Totem. Hence, placement speed.

"
when i use conc effect on blade vortex and have no radius nodes is the range so small that some blades dont even hit the boss if i stand inside of him?

All blades hit at the same range, it's just a visual effect.
(in fact, there's only one blade now as of Breach release)
"
Will the unique Static Electricity jewel's additional lightning damage count dex from nodes that aren't just +10 dex nodes?
Yes.

"
SpyzGlost wrote:
What happens if I have a map with multiple bosses like Museum or Arena and i roll the twinned mod on it and corrupt it, can only the "original" bosses drop vaal fragments and vaal gems or all bosses?
All the map bosses can drop those items.

"
twintales wrote:
I've read that Melee Splash granted by Slayer's Impact node cannot be supported by Increase Aoe Gem. So I realized that my Glacial Hammer's tooltips didn't have "XX% increase AoE radius" anymore, which seems to be the case.

Question: When I add an Elemental Proliferation into the setup, the "XX% increase AoE radius" reappear again. Which AoE is being increased ? The proliferation radius, the splash, or both?
Both. Impact adds splash to Glacial Hammer, but it can't change the type of the skill, so it isn't an area skill, and can't be supported by Increased Area. Adding Elemental Proliferation makes the Glacial Hammer an Area skill, meaning Increased Area Support can support it, and will increase all it's AoE, including the splash.

"
GucciPradas wrote:
I was wondering if the ascendancy passive for inquistor, Augury of Penitence, "deal 8% less Elemental Damage" mitigates elemental reflect.

On http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Damage_reflection , it is stated that reflect damage hits.

If the reflect rare is hitting me with my reflected damage, it is the rare dealing the elemental damage isn't it?
No. It's your damage being reflected to you, not the monster's.

"
cl_gibcount wrote:
I have a question relating to the Punishment curse.

According to the tooltip, the cursed enemy is supposed to grant you the stated buff when it gets a Melee Hit on you.

On the wiki it is claimed that skills with On Hit effects will still apply on a Blocked Hit, because a Blocked Hit is still a Hit.

However I have tested Punishment and it does not grant you the buff if you Block the mob's Melee Hit.

Is this the intended behavior of the skill (tooltip might be updated to specify it must be a damaging hit?) or is this a bug?
Blocking in general prevents the attacker's on-hit effects, but allows the defender's on-hit effects to trigger. This is a rare case of an attacker's on-hit effect that's beneficial to the defender, so this seems like something we should change. I'll make a note to discus this with a designer.

"
Orcasauce wrote:
Do map mod bonuses (pack size, rarity, quantity) affect mobs spawned by strongboxes.
Yes.

"
Orcasauce wrote:
Can the strongbox prophecies trigger in Vaults of Atziri?
The map contains a unqiue strongbox, so prophecies that affect opening a strongbox can apply to that, but the map cannot generate additional strongboxes, so the prophecy that creates extra strongboxes in a map can't trigger there.
"
eps1lon wrote:
1. Does the Occultist Ascendancy node Void Beacon grant an aura that just like the other Ascendancy auras has a base radius of 40?

2. If not what is the radius?
The radius is 60, which is the standard used for all ascendancy auras, not 40.

"
eps1lon wrote:
3. Are the Ascendancy auras affected by the passive nodes that increase the radius of aura skills?
No, as they are not aura skills.

"
diablokiller1 wrote:
Tukohams War's Herald node.
---------------------------
1. Totems have 50% of your armour
If i have 1000 base armour, and 200% increased armour from tree. Then i have 3000 armour total.

So. My totems will receive 50%. WIll it be 1000*0.5 = 500 or 3000*0.5 = 1500
The second. Your have 3000 armour, your totems get 50% of that value.

"
diablokiller1 wrote:
Hinekora, Deaths' Fury node.
----------------------------
1% fire damage leeched to totem
1% damage to totemer

1. Let's say we take 10% increased life leeched per second from tree
Does it mean totem will leech now 1.1% of fire damage
Totemer will receive as life 1.1% of total damage dealt by totem
Yes
"
diablokiller1 wrote:
2. Let's say we have life leech gem attached to spell totem gem. This gem gives 2% life leech and 50% increased life leeched
Now totem leechs 1% fire damage and 2% all damage
This 50% increase will be applied only to 2% or to 1% too? Will totem leech (1% fire damage + 3% all damage) or (1.5% fire damage and 3% all damage)?
It applies to all life leech from the supported skill.
"
diablokiller1 wrote:
What will receive totemer: same 1% total, or 50% from gem will increase it to 1.5
1.5%

"
LaazyMonkey wrote:
Hi Mark, does the triple reputation from A Gracious Master prophecy stack with the 250% reputation of a daily mission?
Yes
"
LaazyMonkey wrote:
If so, does it amount to 450% or 750% reputation?
450%
"
AssasinCreed wrote:
If phase run gem which giving 80% visual reduced to enemies also is given by raider (while at maximum frenzy charges)?
No. Phase Run and Phasing are different things.
Phasing is the property of being able to walk through monsters. It has no other effect.
Phase Run is a buff granted by a skill. It has a specific buff icon and visual effect, and grants multiple stats, including Phasing and the reduced visibility you mentioned.

"
Khisanth wrote:
Are we supposed to be able to support skills from glove enchantments
No. The enchantment triggered skills aren't normal skills - they don't have levels and can't be supported, among other differences.

"
Kaileese wrote:
Just noticed that the Controlled Destruction support gem is affecting Cyclone which is an attack skill is this working as intended or a bug?
This is correct.

"
AusterlitZ wrote:
Would Rapid Decay increase a DoT damage caused by Ancestral Warchief ?
Assuming it was caused by the skill it's using (which is the supported skill) rather than finding some other weird way to apply a DoT, then yes.

"
Nagluho wrote:
Have a question about Righteous Fire and Eldrich battery.
Wanted to go Eldrich Battery and Hierophant, but noticed that Sanctuary of Thought adds 25% of mana to max ES. And this ES will affect my RF burning damage taken. Makes this passive kinda useless for RF users. Was this intended? You have andjusted Lab traps damage not to scale with ES covering mana, but did not adjusted RF. Was this intended? Will this issue remains in later patches?
This is correct behaviour and unlikely to change. Not everything is supposed to work well with everything else.

"
Kiytan wrote:
Do any increases in area (either increased AoE, or increased aura effect or anything really) increase the range of "nearby" for the guardians radiant faith node?
No, because all such modifiers apply to area skills, and auras from passives are not skills.

"
FlawedLogik wrote:
If i use gmp frostbolt and then cast two vortex's from that gmp at nearly the same place, will:
1. The enemy take damage from both vortex's?
Yes.
"
FlawedLogik wrote:
2. Would the dot created by multiple vortex's stack?
No.
"
FlawedLogik wrote:
3. I note previously you mentioned that vortex's dot cant be converted or modified with flat damage. Am i correct to assume that the damage from the dot also can't be reflected?
Correct. All of those things only apply to hits.

"
Duji wrote:
What is the damage effectiveness of Manifest Dancing Dervish? (level 15 of course)
Being a minion skill that doesn't deal damage, it has no damage effectiveness set. This is equivalent to 100%.
I'm currently having a question with Corrupted Energy unique jewel. The mod on the jewel read "With 5 Corrupted Items Equipped: 50% of Chaos Damage does not bypass Energy Shield, and 50% of Physical Damage bypasses Energy Shield", so what will happen if I'm having 50% physical reduction (from endurance charges and other sources), will I only taking 50% of the incoming physical damage on my ES, or I will taking 25% on my ES and 25% on my life pool? Similar question, if I having 50% Chaos Resistance, will the incoming Chaos damage are all taken in my ES pool or split 25% for each of my ES and life pool?
AllanPls - A Poe.Trade-inspired style for the official Path of Exile Trade website (v0.1.2)

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2026765
"
Blocko_Bro wrote:
regarding Elemental Equilibrium. Assuming my previous method is correct. If I have EE (with cold attack dmg) and GMP and I shoot a full stack of 25 into the ice wall and before they blow up I hit the monster with cold EE will:

a.) All arrows blow up simultaneously all getting the benefit of the lowered fire resistance

b.) 1 arrow blows up first and proccing fire EE lowering the damage of all the others.
Only one explosion can benefit from the Elemental Equilibrium debuff. It then applies a new EE debuff with the elements it hit with, which will impeed further explosions.

"
InambaGuum wrote:
I'd like to know which of the following increases the AoE of curses applied by Blasphemy: a) general AoE nodes (like Amplify)
Yes
"
InambaGuum wrote:
aura AoE nodes (like Leadership)
No. Leadership (and other nodes like it) explicitly says it affects "non-Curse Auras". They thus do not affect curse auras.
"
InambaGuum wrote:
curse AoE nodes (like Hex Master)
Yes.
"
InambaGuum wrote:
the level of the curse gem itself
Yes.

"
kolton wrote:
Does Profane Bloom inherit anything from support gems linked with the skill that caused the corpse(s) to explode, assuming those support gems are compatible with that skill? Namely, item rarity, area and damage modifiers.
No.

"
Volner wrote:
Does Auxium's "Chill and Freeze duration on you is based on 65% of Energy Shield" still works with Eldritch Battery?
Yes.

"
dth3flash wrote:
How does the "Reduced Attribute Requirements" work with +flat attribute requirement?
As is standard in PoE, flat additions to a value are done before percentage increases/reducitons.

"
t3hjs wrote:
So I know things like "Power Charge On Critical Support" and "Smashing Strikes" can only give a maximum of 1 charge per cast or attack, eventhough the cast or attack has multiple hits or is supported by Spell Echo/Multistrike.

But is the chance to gain a charge rolled multiple times?
Yes. Unless it's successful, it doesn't know it's already tried, since that information is stored in the resulting charge.

"
Shaard wrote:
Right now I have Piercing Shots notable, as well as the 10% at the start of it's wheel.
I also am using the pierce support gem for another 50% pierce. I am also using a corrupted Drillneck (That still has it's regular implicit) for another 10%

30% = Piercing shots
10% = Piercing shots' starting node
50% = Pierce support gem
10% = Drillneck implicit

However every single bow skill says "90% Chance of projectiles piercing"

I cannot find a reason for it to be missing 10% pierce. I personally think its some kind of bugged interaction as I can't figure out any interaction that could cause me to lose only 10%, but I guess if I was directed here it might just exist.
You have 90% chance for Projectiles to pierce, and 10% chance for Arrows to peirce (from Drillneck). All arrows are projectiles, but not all projectiles are arrows, so these are technically separate stats. In practice, all your arrows will have 100% total chance to pierce, and other projectiles will have 90%.

"
diablokiller1 wrote:
Totems have default Placement Speed 0.6s
will this gem reduce it:
No. Totem Placement Speed and Duration are entirely unrelated concepts. That gem will reduce the Totem's duration - how long it can last before it dies.
"
Vipermagi wrote:
"
Raghin wrote:
Please reconsider these discrepancies[..]

1. It's not a discrepancy.
2. This change did not occur to disable CwDT + Decoy.

Totems are not Cast, they are Placed. Their placement speed is no longer affected by Cast Speed, but isntead by Placement Speed. This change was made to balance Totems between casters and attackers; Totems were abysmally slow to place as an attacker when compared to a caster. This naturally also had consequences for the Ranged Attack Totem compared to Spell Totem. Hence, placement speed.

It is still however a spell, while its true that it may no longer use the cast speed variable. Detonate dead does still work with cast while channeling because its a cast, yet the description also states spell which as a second requirement would technically make it fail. I still think it should work because of this factor.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info