Mechanical Questions Thread

"
Mark_GGG wrote:
Hi

I'm Mark_GGG, and I know how PoE works. If you'd also like to, this thread is for you.

We're trying out something new as a way for people with mechanical questions to get answers.

Hello Mark!

Nice thread, i'd like to know how the mechanical interaction is if you are using righteous fire which says you burn for 90% of your max life and 70% of your max energy shield when you are using eldritch battery.

Does the Energy shield still count and both will add up and burn your life for that (70% ES + 90% Life)?

Is the mechanic the same with blood rage?
I'm running a vortex build with pyre ring. Is the degen base off the damage dealt or the damage a monster takes? I think is the former. I'm currently using elemental weakness but I think Vulnerability is better. Is this right?
Probably a simpler one to answer, but my google-fu hasn't been fruitful in this case yet!

When I combine the unique Belt Auxium
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Auxium
with the passive keynote Eldritch Battery
http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Eldritch_Battery
Does it still count my ES for the chill and freeze duration or will it assume I have 0 ES?

Theorycrafting way too hard around finding ways to self-freeze or at least make it more reliable and this interaction would be a godsend.
Does the Slower Projectiles Support Gem and %increased Projectile Damage passive nodes increase the damage of the Explosive Arrow Explosions?
Nice, i've currently 2 questions.

First one, many asked it :
"
Peetzaman wrote:
In patch 2.3.0 we got "The experience penalty for higher levels is now slightly higher. The penalty starts taking effect a few levels earlier than it previously did."

What exactly got changed?
To update the wiki and a tool i did i'd like to know that.

Second : Are there restrictions regarding some prophecies got from Navali and which ones ? I've the feeling some prophecies can only be obtained from a specific act, is it the case ?

Thanks in advance ! And gl for answering all these questions.
I've noticed Abyssal Cry can be supported by Added Cold, as shown in this pic:

Based on Abyssal Cry's lack of mentioned damage effectiveness, can we assume the effect is at 100%? Does the cold damage, or other flat added damage, actually get added to the explosion? Would flat added spell damage like on Apep's Rage work on Abyssal Cry?

Along those lines, what about (Vaal) Detonate Dead and Infernal Blow? Does flat added spell damage apply to their corpse explosions too? And at 100% effectiveness?

I've also noticed Explosive Arrow can be supported by Added Cold. Obviously the weapon attack portion of it benefits from the support, but what about the secondary explosion? Does that get any benefit from added cold, or other "adds X to attacks" or "adds X to spells" mods? What about generic added mods like on some boot enchantments?

What gems without the spell tag benefit from stuff like Added Cold?
Quick Aside: I understand how it uses the first 40% of the total 'cast time' to wind up and the remaining 60% to evenly shoot the total projectiles, however many there are.

With that said, three questions about attack speed and Barrage:

How is the 'cast time' for Barrage modified by attack speed?
My guess is that this works similarly to how spells work: the time is just shortened by that amount. Thus, Barrages's 1 second base will be reduced to .5 seconds if you have 100% increased attack speed. Is this right?
Does base weapon speed interact at all with Barrage?
I don't understand where this fits into the equation, as there is no equivalent in spells.
If base weapon speed does not factor into the attack, does this mean that slow base speed weapons like a Prophecy Wand (1.2 aps) gets a huge advantage over a faster, less damaging weapon like an Imbued Wand (1.5 aps) while using this skill?
If an Imbued Wand gets to work in its speed advantage, how does it leverage its 25% more base speed into the Barrage damage equation?
Doomed for Life
I got but one question. How does Daresso fight work? I have developed a deep hatred towards it since he seems to just shit on all evasion/dodge based builds.

Which of his attacks are spells and what part of them can be dodged? Are the Blade tornadoes spells or some physical DoT that cant be evaded or dodged?

I'd rely appreciate some insight to this fight since its the only boss whoms mechanics are still unclear for me.
Hey Mark

Simple question. Can you clarify how the three types of charges actually do affect enemies and minions?

Thanks!
Heyoo,
I'm running a bow trapper this league and was wondering on some mechanics related to the relation of Projectile based attacks (like puncture) and if the Local Bow Physical Damage effects the damage of the trap at all? E.G.

I have a bow with 100 Phys damage, local to the weapon. I link Puncture with the trap support gem, does the bow damage effect the resulting damage at all?

Along the same lines would aura`s like Herald of Fire/Hatred have the same effect?
Or can I only scale the traps` damage with bow/projectile/attack/trap/DOT based passives?

Also, I know traps cannot leech, but if one used the Assassins Mark Curse is the life on hit applied to me or the trap (ergo does nothing)?

Thanks for your time Mark, We all appreciate it :D
Last edited by DarkHound on Jun 9, 2016, 6:14:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info