Mechanical Questions Thread

The prophecies where you kill a specific enemy for a unique item. This mechanic is great, only it needs to trigger on the room, not just randomly have an enemy. I say this because I have Storm on the Horizon and its on normal. I've done several dozen full runs on upper and lower with no rare brittle archer to drop the bow. Do you feel this is balanced as is or would you consider changing the current mechanic to force the rare to spawn so we don't endlessly hunt in vain.
State of Beyond Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3441741

State of Blight Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3470384

State of Harbinger Mechanic: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3473629
I was wondering about Glitterdisc and its chance to Avoid Fire Damage. How does it work? Is it similar to dodge but works against secondary damage as well? How are you categorizing these mechanics that averts damage (evade, dodge, avoid, etc.)?
Why does Melee Damage on Full Life not actually scale "melee" damage. It currently only scales Melee "physical" damage. Shouldn't the support be renamed Melee "Physical" Damage on Full Life? Alternatively make it scale all melee damage on full life. It would be really fun and cool to do melee elemental CI attackers.

Can't wait for your reply! :D

Thanks for your time.
Last edited by Lordsidro on Jun 8, 2016, 4:49:50 PM
Hello,
only have a couple questions, regarding either monsters or more specifically Undying Grapplers.

I heard that monsters do have some amount of base armor, even without the blue "Armored" mod. Is that true? Could we know how high is it? Does any type of a monster have some kind of % increased armor, so that for example, the 300-350 additional base armor it gets from a Skullhead if it's raised as a Spectre is in reality something more, or do you always need to use Determination and such for that sort of minion armor scaling?

Do monsters have passive trees of their own? For example, do Undying Grapplers have something like "200% increased life, 100% increased lightning damage" from their tree, and as such the damage they deal with Discharge is at it's highest when Power Charges are being Discharged?

Lastly, I have no idea whether or not you can disclose this, but are Shadow Lurkers ( the Lab "Grapplers" ) any different than the ones you can find in maps or Sceptre of God ( barring levels, obviously )? Because I often feel that they deal less damage than normal Grapplers, but I have no idea if it's really so. Also, were Undying Grapplers affected by the nerfs made to monster life in Prophecy? I'm talking about the nerfs targeted at monsters that usually show up alone in the core game, but can be found in groups while mapping. Well, that's exactly how Grapplers are, and I've been wondering if the nerfs targeted them specifically and if they're big enough to warrant using Monster Life support gem now.

I would also love to know their exact damage and life numbers, but I know that GGG doesn't really release these kinds of things, so yeah. Meh.
When dual wielding, the tooltip seems to ALWAYS use the average of both weapons' stats. This results in incorrect tooltip dps when using skills that only use one of your weapons, for example sunder, or reave with a mace or axe offhand.

Why does it work this way? Can you share any technical details which makes this bug hard to fix?
What is the scion's cup size?
edit: redacted
Last edited by InventorOfTrees on Jun 8, 2016, 6:43:02 PM
Does "Singularity" unique items hinder effect boost detonate dead damage? If so, is it only for initial hit or also double dip from burn?

Thanks alot :)
What is the radius on "nearby" part of Singularity?

Guess I made the mistake of assuming it was around 40 units like other things that say "nearby".
"
Ruisleipa wrote:
Does "Singularity" unique items hinder effect boost detonate dead damage? If so, is it only for initial hit or also double dip from burn?

Thanks alot :)

I would also like to know if Singularity's 'hindered damage' bonus double dips for mechanics like burn and poison.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info