[2.4] Silly Toy: 5M+ DPS Flicker, 2h/1h variants, poison 100% crit, with Cospri's Will

What is the consensus of using daggers (bino?) for this build? I am still trying to get everything together, using scaeva currently, but since I don't have a cospri yet I'm making do with a poison gem and doedra's damning. I can't kill izaro in merci lab yet, but clearing is rather easy if a bit squishy to spike damage.
Binos seems more promising to build with currently due to the higher crit chance.
the price of cospri has fallen a bit, it should be affordable in some weeks.
a dagger tree is doable, it will not perform differently. The higher crit chance has no meaning, scaeva has a very high crit chance and you wont need more : we are already at 95% overcapped

70% increased crit chance in main hand is local, so scaeva has 9.65 crit with this roll.
bino has a similar crit roll with less damage and less dps and similar crit mult but has 40% global crit....

With a "normal bino tree" and assa and power charge i get 115 % crit chance... completely over kill... So we could drop increased critical strike gem? More or less, without it we arent capped anymore!

So for the crit, we dont need bino, for the damage scaeva does better, for the crit mult too. For dps too.
The great thing with bino is it's poison prolif and 30% dot damage plus the life regen.
It makes it a bit better against packs with prolif and a bit weaker on bosses.

Therefore, the good benefit of dagger is... Adder's touch, so we can drop poison gem when we do not use cospri's will.... but the poison is still random ( 40% on crit, 60% against bleeding, if we bleed) (and the crit mult nodes easily accessable)

However with such idea, a dual wield dagger mark of the doubting is doable so you can drop cospri's will / and or poison gem and keep doedre damning. (90% poison)!
http://exilecraft.org/#AAAAAwYAAF4B3AOHBS0FtQZwB5kILgvBDHMQkhEvFSAWvxmOGbQbrSP2JP0mlSyFLOEs6S2DLlMwfDIyNZI2PTfUPs9DMUcGR35Mjk2STeNOn1FHVUtVhVb1V5dZ8FoaXkVgQWHiYqxjQ2NwZU1qjGwIbIxvO3BSdO11/XfjeA16f3rvexR9dX3jhG+EooTZhrOJ04w2jX2Nv46KkvOUuJVml9CdqqLZo4qly6Z/qW6sZrDYsbO0xbVItfK5PrxvvTa95r6nwBrC7MMzyBTTb9N+1CPUQth22L3ZhtrB227b5+N151TrY+0/7UHtg+968Yry4fVv9qP66/6P/rr/3g==

i dont know if it's good but this tree is a dual mark of the doubting build. 80% bleed 90% poison ( and 100+% poison against bleeding target), so you wont need poison gem and always get the extra chaos bonus.
I will never be good but always I try to improve.
Last edited by Geisalt on Jul 16, 2016, 4:16:46 AM
I wonder if this build could be made hc viable and still maintain a fairly insane dps. Ofc volatiles would be a problem
Hi david, the defensives mechanics of this build arent enough to play HC without dying at a time or another. Yes, volatile is a problem, gearing is a problem, reflect is a problem.

But flicker is a problem itself! At thoses APS, it's too random to control and it's melee, we also have to reload charges against bosses with quillrain, and to avoid Oneshot mechanics of bosses while teleporting... Sometimes it's difficult to play, sometimes we do errors. Sometimes we die because flicker and charge generations ARE skillfull to play.

It cleans maps EZ, kills boss EZ, but honestly it's hard to play, hard to gear, hard to level up, it will kill you.

Insane dps is easier to achieve than great survivability, especially at this area of the tree and with thoses items.

We have atleast 3 unique items without life, 4 with the hat. so we lose atleast 210-280 base hp, with 150% inc life: 525-700. It's a lot!

150% inc hp is smallest amount to play a life build without dying all the time! in Hc we need 200% minimum!

6000 total hp/es is recommanded in HC, with enfeeble/temp chain plus fortify. Otherwise you wont go far.

But but, in fact, the real difficulty is: The leveling, to get enough life while leveling, to play smart, to not kill yourself... This build cannot. In standard, the leveling is easy, if we die we retry.

But to do core malachai in cruel with a small shadow hp pool... because the tree doesnt have enough life nodes at this level... Meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeh, it's difficult. Maybe with terminus est plus void heart and spectral throw?
Last edited by Geisalt on Aug 3, 2016, 3:35:38 AM
no video showcase, how disappointing, Can you at least write up what you have completed with this build like atziri, uber, core etc..
IGN: Mperor
Sorry but my upload speed is too slow for a youtube video, 0.35 mb/s , divide it by 8; 0.4375 mB /s

an average youtube video is 1gB ...

http://www.ronstauffer.com/blog/your-internet-speed-megabits-vs-megabytes/

if the quality is too shity it doesnt worth it too..

So you can do atziri, core malachai, for uber atziri i believe it's not safe enough and the charge generation is too boring... If you fail once you die, it's not undoable, it's just a nonsense to not use a better farmer. Also you need to reload charges for flicker, or to use frenzy skill, a real pain in the ass or a real dps loss :c

There is a lot of very cheap uber atziri builds with a cost of 5ex that are so easy to make and to play... usually their clear speed sucks because of the trap mechanic however uber atziri will be oneshooted so who cares, it's the only purpose of thoses builds.

This flicker build is a good map sweeper but it's not adapted to bosses with different phases without adds because we have too much dps for each phase then we are waiting the boss, and we lose the charges... and we have to reload, losing precious dps... and then... Well it's really not cool. Only solution : frenzy main skill :/
Last edited by Geisalt on Aug 13, 2016, 3:50:20 AM
I've played a fair amount of flicker over the years.

One thing I've found is that CI flicker will always do more damage because of the fact you can use melee damage on full life. This provides at least 40% more total damage and more when we factor in additional effects from auras and tail-end damage like poison.

One issue is generating frenzy charges and the consequential disconnect in play style. This is much like how some people generate power charges with spectral throw when they don't have skyforths. For a melee character, frenzy is on par with how god-awful dual strike or viper strike feels with anything that doesn't stand still. I use flicker to get on-top of bosses regardless of what melee skill I use, so that helps make distances negligible. This combined with fortify and whirling blades is an awesome combo for movement and defense but it's only useful for those two aspects of gameplay.

I've made a trickster flicker, raider flicker, slayer flicker and by far the trickster flicker reigns supreme in all crit-melee builds I've ever made in 3 years.

One thing you talk about is attack speed. I find this interesting as flicker is already the fastest skill in poe (I could be talking out my arse here but I think i'm correct). Why would you include attack speed when A, it potentially reduces your damage per attack and B, you need to kill something to generate charges. If you do 27 hits for example, the damage you deal is the exact same regardless of how quick. I know poison would stack less, though you're limited to how many charges you can have at any one time without having multiple mobs to feed from.

I'm not trying to bring your build down man. I appreciate the effort you've put in and it will help the community which is awesome. I just can't see myself using flicker for anything other than speed-clearing maps.

No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Aug 13, 2016, 8:20:29 AM
"
Geisalt wrote:
Sorry but my upload speed is too slow for a youtube video, 0.35 mb/s , divide it by 8; 0.4375 mB /s

So you can do atziri, core malachai, for uber atziri i believe it's not safe enough and the charge generation is too boring... If you fail once you die, it's not undoable, it's just a nonsense to not use a better farmer. Also you need to reload charges for flicker, or to use frenzy skill, a real pain in the ass or a real dps loss :c

There is a lot of very cheap uber atziri builds with a cost of 5ex that are so easy to make and to play... usually their clear speed sucks because of the trap mechanic however uber atziri will be oneshooted so who cares, it's the only purpose of thoses builds.

This flicker build is a good map sweeper but it's not adapted to bosses with different phases without adds because we have too much dps for each phase then we are waiting the boss, and we lose the charges... and we have to reload, losing precious dps... and then... Well it's really not cool. Only solution : frenzy main skill :/

I use Open Broadcasting software. My PoE videos are typically 150 - 200MB in 1080P.

Say a video is 200m and you have a (0.3mb/8)^, that's less than 90 minutes to upload.
- (200/(.3/8)/60 = 89 minutes.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say the average video is 1gb??? Are you referring to all of youtube, or are you using terrible software? I used one video recording software that made 18gb videos. Needless to say I uninstalled it very quickly.

Everyone knows Flicker is strong, though without videos your build is hard to take seriously.
No one can hear you poop in the forrest.
Last edited by hmcg020 on Aug 13, 2016, 8:35:15 AM
Hey, i've been using ur build and i really like.
Thought i've made some small change to try to have more survabilty.
I'm just wondering about the vinktar, would this be usefull if u have a lightning damage on weapon ?
Since basiscly u have 100% crit ur weapon should perma shock right ?
So i'm thinking about getting a Taste of hate.
Dunno how to show all my item else i would to have ur opinion :D

Edit: poacher mark with atziri boots or warlord's mark as 2nd curse would works better or ?
Last edited by EilynnSoul on Aug 15, 2016, 6:38:37 AM
"
hmcg020 wrote:
"
Geisalt wrote:

I use Open Broadcasting software. My PoE videos are typically 150 - 200MB in 1080P.

Say a video is 200m and you have a (0.3mb/8)^, that's less than 90 minutes to upload.
- (200/(.3/8)/60 = 89 minutes.

I don't know what you're talking about when you say the average video is 1gb??? Are you referring to all of youtube, or are you using terrible software? I used one video recording software that made 18gb videos. Needless to say I uninstalled it very quickly.

Everyone knows Flicker is strong, though without videos your build is hard to take seriously.

do not take it seriously if you want but the numbers should be enough: a glass cannon build with insane dps. everything is explained and the maths are correct, it's way over 5M dps (19M) at it's maximum potential but will rarely reach this potential because of all the rng involved and loss of frenzy, 5M dps seems fair.

"

Hey, i've been using ur build and i really like.
Thought i've made some small change to try to have more survabilty.
I'm just wondering about the vinktar, would this be usefull if u have a lightning damage on weapon ?
Since basiscly u have 100% crit ur weapon should perma shock right ?
So i'm thinking about getting a Taste of hate.
Dunno how to show all my item else i would to have ur opinion :D

Edit: poacher mark with atziri boots or warlord's mark as 2nd curse would works better or ?

Hello man,
To shock efficiently you need to deal ATLEAST 5% of max life of the monster per strike as lightning damage. so 30K against a 600K life monster! shock duration/ status duration helps to shock better.

1500 lightning damage for a 30K hp monster. so trashes are easy to shock but not bosses. Honestly it's useless against trashes : they die quickly.

And without physical to lightning gem, 30K is unreachable with this build against bosses but physical to lightning reduces the poison damage ( less physical damage done) so it doesnt worth it!

Therefore, no you cant use lightnign damage on your weapon to shock.

If you want to use Taste of Hate and do not have a legacy vinktar, remove the vinktar and use a Vaal Lightning trap + increased duration, you wont need shock against trash monsters but it's very usefull against bosses. The totel damage will even be higher plus you will be tankier with toh !

However it's also boring to use ;p Personnally, i like vinktar legacy for it's instant leech !
Last edited by Geisalt on Aug 15, 2016, 12:14:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info