[2.3] Ancestral Chieftain - Triple Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker 150K+DPS

"
I think I want to do a totem build.. boring af but reflect safe.

speed and mobility are important tho, so I have to use whirling blades. maybe leap slam..... but leap slam is a bit slow, delayed, and annoying when used as a movement skill. the delay is especially a problem, I think whirl is the fastest and most responsive of all movement skills. or more like... the least unusable, in fact.

if I use a sword I presume I can't use facebreakers and the quiver, so I'd have 2 totems, each with less damage?.. : /

In case you use any weapon you will lose the facebreaker damage bonus.
However, without a weapon you can neither use leap slam nor whirling blades.
Yet, this is not a problem in my opinion. I followed the rough outlines of this build with my char which started in HC Essenece (hence the many lifenodes). But instead of skirmish I am using a shield. this way I have more gem slots than necessary and can use two movement spells: Lightning warp and shield charge.
Lightning warp is similar to leap jump and I make great use of it in labyrinth and other places with cliffs, broken bridges, etc. My gem setup is: Lightning warp - less duration - faster casting - blood magic.

Shield charge is a great ability imo. It works exactly like whirling blades, meaning you can move through enemies at a great speed. My gem setup is: Shield charge - fortify - blood magic - faster attacks.

Since we are using ancestral bond shield charge does not do any damage (which is a bit sad because our equip would be great for doing so) but it is nevertheless a great way to move and to generate the fortify buff.

"
kebiya93 wrote:
Can you update you skill gem setup? or your gear??
What do you use for defensive skills or survival?

I can only speak for myself but I think that you don't need much aside from your totems.
I run, as stated above, two movement gem setups, a CWDT setup which includes CWDT - Immortal Call - Molten Shell - Increased Duration, and have my "buff gem setup" in my shield: Hatred - Herald of Ash - Flame golem.
Last edited by AdolfTrump on Sep 15, 2016, 3:44:11 AM
Thank for reply.
now I have almost 30k with Abyssus.
How can I maximize physical damage?
Still playing warchief?? Can you update gears, skill gem build and passive skills?
Last edited by kebiya93 on Sep 27, 2016, 1:01:23 PM
I use lightning coil aswell cause it works really good together with abyssus and makes u more sustain aswell.
Very fun build! Level 39 with core items ive been just wrecking my way through since level 20ish
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only
Spoiler

With these items and vaal haste, my two totems hit 324k dps. When I swap out shield for quiver, I loose like 60k dps. At least that is what tool tip says. Does anyone know why?

Edit: Duhhh no shield lmao sorry my bad.
Last edited by Zac89 on Nov 13, 2016, 11:33:33 AM
Very nice build one of my personal favorites i only hit lvl 64 today and i'm playing tier 10 maps relatively easy with a tabula so no defensive chest yet. i will keep tryin out new thing as i lvl to see if i can make it stronger!
thx a lot Darkblitz9

Your build helped to reach 37 challenges in essence, lv 94 and the first time all maps tiers and tard mods.
Finishing with a body armor worth 15ex and 7ex in cash and some other valuable stuff :D

Even the most cancer maps i ever saw : corrupted vault with dual curse (TC ofc^^), no regen and dual reflect and 15 mods total....
Reckt 4x but FINISHED IT and got the exploring point, thanks, no other build i know had made that !!

That's the final setup reached

GEAR

JEWELLERY

JEWELS

FLASKS

The aoe covered by the 3 dispatched totems is awesome. This stuff reach 117k tooltip DPS for each totem, 6407 hp and i still don't know how to estimate the poison effect^^

Now in standart it will switch to

and added fire instead poison. Until lv 70 witchfire brew was good but not for hl mapping.

the martial artistry (3d corrupt) with 2 corrupted item improve well the viability of totem in reflect maps
A switch to

wasn't necessery anymore

Is it still viable in 2.4?
think so
with the unchanged crash, bug and server lags probs, i still can't play HC even with such a build, isn't tanky/burst viable enough
so it shouldn't be nerved
Can we get 4 totems if we use Tukohama fortress??

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info