[2.3] Ancestral Chieftain - Triple Ancestral Warchief Facebreaker 150K+DPS

"
CaptSkillzz wrote:
Would going berserker also make this build go into full glass cannon mode?

Conversely, berserker give more survival by passivе Iron Reflex and Unwavering Stance. Also helps constant maintenance of Endurance Charges. Given the fact that the damage in Berserker is increased at least twice, in most cases opponents are dying and not having to hit you.
True glass cannon tanking by huge damage :)
Last edited by Makcu on Aug 8, 2016, 9:28:20 AM
"
Makcu wrote:
"
CaptSkillzz wrote:
Would going berserker also make this build go into full glass cannon mode?

Conversely, berserker give more survival by passivе Iron Reflex and Unwavering Stance. Also helps constant maintenance of Endurance Charges. Given the fact that the damage in Berserker is increased at least twice, in most cases opponents are dying and not having to hit you.
True glass cannon tanking by huge damage :)

not realy glass cannon if u build it the right way, just look at my ;) /1694250
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
I've swapped to Berserker and it seems a whole lot better, I'm managing to do Atziri and not have her aggro me mainly because there are 3 totems so it gives her more of an option on who to aggro. It feels a lot easier and smoother because you have so much more damage with the lions roar flask. I do about 105k per totem with lion's roar activated(conc eff) so it's pretty good.
You going to show your defence and offence stats?
When should I use flasks, before I place totems?
"
Resine wrote:
When should I use flasks, before I place totems?
I usually pop my
right before my totems start hammering down on the target that i'm having them fight.
I'm running crit variant of this in Prophecy - had a failed chieftain experiment (Pure fire EK totem using roth's reach and signal fire...) char lying around so respecced.
Berserker possibly better, but I like the Chieftain bonuses and passive endurance charge generation.

I'm not 100% sure if crit is worth it - it's a pig to gear and you still don't get a huge crit chance, and accuracy is a pain too. We probably don't need the extra damage either, but felt like a shame not to use the crit multi from facebreakers and abyssus.
Even if we don't crit every time though, we just need the occasional big crit to inflict a massive bleed, and a fairly big ignite. Some DOT nodes or vulnerability would be great, but think it's too much of a push to get them.

We lose a fair bit of flat damage too as we don't get any on amulet. Using voidheart so not much there either.

Current Gear

Spoiler

Some notes

- Was using temp chains, but managed to get that nice roll abyssus with the 30% enfeeble enchant for 60c. Enfeeble probably better to mitigate abyssus anyway

- Going with Shield rather than skirmish quiver. I need all the life and flat damage I can get, and not sure how often I usefully get 3 totems down anyway.

- Need a better ring really, mastercraft life not ideal (still under 5k life) but hard to get life, damage accuracy and the resists I need.

- Chest could be better, but was only 3ex. Rare 6ls so cheap now. Ideally would run a Belly, but resists are an issue. Would need GG ring and boots

- I've got a 7% life, 16% totem damage and 44% resists jewel in which helps a lot. That cost me more than the rigwalds claw though!

- We need the diamond flask, Rumi is nice with the shield and lion's roar is great for DPS and maximising bleeds. Quicksilver as we don't have much movespeed. Which doesn't give us much flask flexibility. Maybe should swap quicksilver for a silver flask.

And the tree

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAEDAAHcA9YEBwSzBsMIsQthEMwUIBRxFgsaOB8CJy8qEy3SMfsy0TWSNsU6WDwFPV89_D_8RKFFR0WdR35KyEyzUEdSU1NSVcZYY1jlWfNaK18_ZU1mnmebaGVo8m6qbztyD3Kpdqx343gNeWh7IHuze8N99X_jggeD24PzhNmKr4zPkBGQVZHOkn2XlZhvmuCfPp_fogCj8qajpwipbqyqrhKuPq9stfK5frvtvTa9YL6nwBrAZsEExPbGBMauxtjPftgk2L3ZfNwj5FHlz-hm6hjr7u8O73zwH_Pd9kj3MviT-Ov-hw==?accountName=Carlovski&characterName=RothTheHellAmIDoing

It's a real stretch to get the needed totem nodes, crit, accuracy and life (plus the dex we need).
It's definitely a build that can use every point up to 100.
The whole witch area might be a luxury I need to drop, the AOE is great, and those life node as are OK, but I could fill out life and get totemic zeal with the points.
More life is definitely my next priority, on tree and maybe try and get bit more on gear.

Will try uber atziri before league end. Damage should be fine, split phases go down instantly on normal atziri at the moment without conc effect and without any vaal lightning trap tricks.

Any suggestions for improvements welcome - I've already burned a lot of regrets on this char, but don't mind doing a few more!

Carl

Last edited by Carlovski on Aug 18, 2016, 10:36:57 AM
If you are using voidheart rapid decay can be a good gem to use.
How much life the totem has? Because sometimes they melt quickly. is it because of the low level gem?
Is this uber atziri viable?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info