2.4 Necromancer Spectre/SRS Angryaa

"
Angryafrican wrote:
Apparently Sentinel traps are not dealing reduced damage to minions (which they should do). As per usual Spectre QoL is lagging behind the game.

I was wondering how I lost two lvl74 Flame Sentinels in a map trial yesterday. That explains it.
Ah, thanks, that would explain it.

Yeah, the build's pretty great overall (though my pc damn near freezes when 40+ SRS meets invulnerable pack), outside of lab it clears really fast and spectres usually don't die.

The hassle is kind of annoying though. Spam lab until Sentinels, raise those, raise zombies, swap on all auras, possibly go looking for better spectres. I had *lots* of disconnects before they added --noasync, so combined with the lab annoyances it was pretty bad :P

(and when I got my first high level spectres I just left the game on when I went sleeping, server maintenance got my spectres anyway!)
Last edited by Keemossi on Jun 14, 2016, 9:28:22 AM
To answer my own question, I just finished Uber Lab with the 2.2 build without my Animated Guardian and no haste buff. The current lab is in the middle of a fire pit with no traps to cause issues, however, so it was probably the best case scenario.

That being said, standing that close to him the entire fight was quite scary.

Now to figure out what to do with the new ascendancy points! The path to Spirit Eater looks great for just a flat out damage boost. Commander of darkness seems great for when I finally get some good unset rings. Beacon of Corruption seems great for the Chaos resistance alone. I'm struggling in that area.

Definitely leaning towards spirit eater, but I'm so new to this game I'm going to sit on the points for a bit and see what others find more useful.
Kinda wish Iluminators were better, tried with the grapplers but even with SRS they don't seem to discharge as often as I would like, probably with multistrike in the SRS it will generate more charges. Also is the tree in the original post for grapplers or not? your profile has two summoners one has two Essence Worms and the other doesn't seem to be related to grapplers (?) and also doesn't have the same tree you recommend on the original post.
Last edited by Voltaxic on Jun 14, 2016, 9:04:03 PM
"
ChoklitCow wrote:
Now to figure out what to do with the new ascendancy points! The path to Spirit Eater looks great for just a flat out damage boost. Commander of darkness seems great for when I finally get some good unset rings. Beacon of Corruption seems great for the Chaos resistance alone. I'm struggling in that area.

Definitely leaning towards spirit eater, but I'm so new to this game I'm going to sit on the points for a bit and see what others find more useful.

Spirit Eater
  • Minions deal 30% increased Damage - Nice, worth 2 jewels of minion damage.

• Desecrate creates 2 additional Corpses - Nice QoL, but a Detonate Dead build would get the most out of this one.

• 40% increased Damage if you have consumed a Corpse Recently - You aren't dealing damage yourself if you're using SRS, so this is useless.

• 2% increased Attack and Cast Speed for each Corpse consumed Recently - 4 seconds is too short to be practical unless your build can constantly trigger corpse consumption, like Detonate Dead or the Null's Inclination bow.

Commander of Darkness
  • Auras you Cast grant 10% increased Damage to you and Allies - If you are running AngryAA's 2.2 build, two auras and a level 1 Clarity would give 30% increased damage to you, your minions, and party members. If you are running his 2.3 build, curse auras do not grant this.

• Auras you Cast grant 5% increased Attack and Cast Speed to you and Allies - Three auras brings it up to 15%, equivalent to a Haste aura on its own. Vaal Haste counts as another aura while it's up.

• You and Allies affected by your Auras have +20% to all Elemental Resistances - As long as you have one aura, you get this, and it's like a free Purity aura.

Beacon of Corruption
  • 20% increased Chaos Damage - Useless. Desecrate does more damage? Lol. Would be good for Null's Inclination or Abyssal Cry. You could also go YOLO Viper Strike with Growing Agony. The unique jewel gives 2% increased Attack Damage for Viper Strike per stack of poison, so multistrike Raging Spirits, Zombies, and Slashers could all stack poison for you.

• +15% to Chaos Resistance - Not bad, it's hard to get Chaos resistance, but at the same time Chaos damage isn't overly common. It is usually dealt over time, too, so flasks can counter it.

• Minions have +15% to Chaos Resistance - Not bad. Other than on a shield with NA or the Grave Intentions passive cluster no one gets, it's impossible to give minions Chaos resistance. But minion regen and life steal tend to be enough to counter Chaos damage anyway.

• Your Minions spread Caustic Cloud on Death, dealing 10% of their Maximum Life as Chaos Damage per second - Neat. Good on SRS because they reliably expire, but clouds don't stack.
I can't seem to use both enfeeble and temporal chains with blasphemy, it is because i don't have enough mana? but i though blasphemy only reserves 35% of mana per curse. please help, thanks in advance.

Edit: it was because of the worm rings, silly mistake. do you still use blasphemy for enfeeble and temporal chains for this build though?
Last edited by GΩD on Jun 15, 2016, 10:46:59 AM
What would be the best links for a 5-link? Which keystones would you recommend taking first?
Last edited by Satsuki09 on Jun 16, 2016, 2:48:21 PM
How are you guys staying alive to physical damage? I'm level 80 and forced to run arctic armor which means I can't run one of my curses. I've got basalt flasks and 4k hp. I still get 1 shot from time to time.
4k hp in my experience is a very very low hp pool. in terms of end game playing below 7k effective hp is a rather dangerous gambit to be playing at.

even a midly buffed uber izaro can easily kill 7k people through several endurance charges.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Jun 17, 2016, 2:02:22 PM
Do you think this build can beat the pale council?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info