[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
CheefKaigen wrote:
i know, that int is the most important stat. the massive drop of ES (without a 750+ ES chest) just didnt seem like the right thing to do for the little int i get, if my problem is getting one shot ("one shot" in the sense of meleehit+rockcrap from above, not the avoidable undergroundthingy). but yes my low int is a problem, which i wasnt able to fix. 5-10 more int on gloves/boots just dont fix this issue. without a crystal belt or completely insane gear (and auxium) i shouldn even bother with guardians/shaper? or do you think the "non essence version" is shaperviable with 10-15ex worth of gear?

thanks again!

Your chest is indeed too low ES to be comfortable in T16, but it's 6L (having both the Orb and BL proc curses is a nice QoL improvement). I don't think the raw amount of ES is your problem. In the videos above you rarely see me drop low on ES. If I had your chest armor, I'd have died to Hydra there once or twice but still won even if I had 7k ES. And Hydra is the one T16 fight where you can be safer if you run around and dodge all her attacks (it just takes longer and I faceroll her because I can).

Your issue is Int. It affects everything: your DPS=leech, your Icestorm duration, your mana pool, your ES too. You are dying not to 1-shots but to the lack of leech caused by the lack of Icestorm coverage. Conversely, I am not dying because I leech ES faster than I take damage and my Icestorm coverage lets me leap more often to get even safer with Forify while the Icestorms keep leeching.

Try the changes I suggested above. Roll yourself a crystal belt (then craft another resist mod on it). With 1500 Int your experience in T16 will be very different.

"
CheefKaigen wrote:
wasnt able to get a upgrade in the 3ex range. i think the boots and gloves are fine, even if the int rolls arent that high. i cant afford to pay 5ex+ for ~10int and 30ES upgrades. looking for a 750+/50int/resist chest, but they are really hard to find for a reasonable price.

Crystal belt will remove the need for res mods on the chest. Also, you are forgetting that you can sell your chest pretty well after you get a new one and recover most of the price of the upgrade.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 4, 2016, 2:02:06 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
CheefKaigen wrote:
i know, that int is the most important stat. the massive drop of ES (without a 750+ ES chest) just didnt seem like the right thing to do for the little int i get, if my problem is getting one shot ("one shot" in the sense of meleehit+rockcrap from above, not the avoidable undergroundthingy). but yes my low int is a problem, which i wasnt able to fix. 5-10 more int on gloves/boots just dont fix this issue. without a crystal belt or completely insane gear (and auxium) i shouldn even bother with guardians/shaper? or do you think the "non essence version" is shaperviable with 10-15ex worth of gear?

thanks again!

Your chest is indeed too low ES to be comfortable in T16, but it's 6L (having both the Orb and BL proc curses is a nice QoL improvement). I don't think the raw amount of ES is your problem. In the videos above you rarely see me drop low on ES. If I had your chest armor, I'd have died to Hydra there once or twice but still won even if I had 7k ES. And Hydra is the one T16 fight where you can be safer if you run around and dodge all her attacks (it just takes longer and I faceroll her because I can).

Your issue is Int. It affects everything: your DPS=leech, your Icestorm duration, your mana pool, your ES too. You are dying not to 1-shots but to the lack of leech caused by the lack of Icestorm coverage. Conversely, I am not dying because I leech ES faster than I take damage and my Icestorm coverage lets me leap more often to get even safer with Forify while the Icestorms keep leeching.

Try the changes I suggested above. Roll yourself a crystal belt (then craft another resist mod on it). With 1500 Int your experience in T16 will be very different.

"
CheefKaigen wrote:
wasnt able to get a upgrade in the 3ex range. i think the boots and gloves are fine, even if the int rolls arent that high. i cant afford to pay 5ex+ for ~10int and 30ES upgrades. looking for a 750+/50int/resist chest, but they are really hard to find for a reasonable price.

Crystal belt will remove the need for res mods on the chest. Also, you are forgetting that you can sell your chest pretty well after you get a new one and recover most of the price of the upgrade.

So are we dropping Auxium now?
Is there any alternative version of this build if you already have Skyforths? Like dropping Unwavering Stance and putting all those points to crit ? Is it worth it?
Last edited by siema87 on Oct 4, 2016, 4:26:14 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

5. What about Skyforth?
Too expensive and probably won't happen in a new league. Also you'd have to find resists somewhere else, like 4-mod jewels, and make it even more expensive. This build can already kill everything with a low budget. Skyforth would achieve the same result at a much higher cost. You can buy amazing body armor, gloves and boots, plus all the required uniques, i.e. your whole set of gear, for less than the price of Skyforth.
Yeah i know about what you wrote but I chanced them and just asking if there is way to use them and respec a bit :)
just wanted to ask a noob question
if I get lvl 4 (corrupted) Enlighten ( or even lvl 3 corrupted ), will +1 from the head gear make it lvl5/lvl4??? If not, then is there a diff between lvl 4 corrupted and lvl 3 non corrupted when using this head gear?
Last edited by gruumine on Oct 4, 2016, 4:51:23 PM
"
gibtuck wrote:
So are we dropping Auxium now?

In the Essence league it's an easy decision: a 50+ Int crystal belt looks definitely better than Auxium.

The problem with 'dropping' Auxium is that this is not possible outside of this one league. Without the essence crafted mod a crystal belt is not better than Auxium. It can help you with resists until your other gear is good enough, but Auxium is still valuable against chill/freeze.

I'm going to recommend the Int Crystal belt over Auxium but make a note about the availability. Essence crafting is getting very mixed feedback and there is absolutely no guarantee that GGG will add it to the core game in the future. It may end up like the Talismans: obscenely expensive items not really different from the discontinued legacy stuff.

Pro tip: before this league is over, make a lot of Int crystal belts. It's cheap. But you might just make a fortune later.

For those who want them in Standard right now: Essence Hardcore League.

"
siema87 wrote:
Yeah i know about what you wrote but I chanced them and just asking if there is way to use them and respec a bit :)

Nope. Still no good. Zero Int, crappy ES, no resists. And no real immunity. Just like getting frozen with Auxium, you DO get stunned occasionally with Skyforth. And you cannot bring a flask for that to a fight where it matters. After a couple of deaths to the Chimera and Mino you will say, 'fuck this, I'll just buy the real stun immunity for 5 skill points and wear real Int boots'.

Sell it and upgrade your whole gear to a new level with that currency instead.

"
gruumine wrote:
just wanted to ask a noob question
if I get lvl 4 (corrupted) Enlighten ( or even lvl 3 corrupted ), will +1 from the head gear make it lvl5/lvl4??? If not, then is there a diff between lvl 4 corrupted and lvl 3 non corrupted when using this head gear?

Yes. Enlighten gets +1 level in Black Sun. If you happen to get a lv 4 Enlighten it effectively becomes lv 5 and gives you a little more free mana. Not enough to use another aura though, just a QoL upgrade useful in low/no regen maps.

Oh damn, I completely forgot about it when somebody complained earlier that they only have 200 free mana - and they use a rare helm instead of Black Sun. Having mana for 1 cast of Icestorm vs 2-3 casts can make a huge difference.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 4, 2016, 5:18:08 PM
Thank you that's what I wanted to know :) Could you tell me if I should improve something in my gear to try end game bosses?

to have 264 unreserved mana (2 icestorm casts with a 6s whispering ice),you need ~1480 int to reach 1760 mana, which is needed with a lvl4 enlighten (3+1 from black sun).
For mana reservation I took the 4% reduced mana reserved node right beside CI. It gets me from 2 icestorm casts to 3 /w only a lvl 3 enlighten & a 132 mana icestorm. On 0 regen maps it's only 2 casts. Currently with 1,504 int I have 326 unreserved mana.

As for moving out of the yellow circles in the minotaur fight he likes to dive underground even while in melee range of me. I think he's going after my golems, not sure. He didn't do that in your video & has not done it in about 60% of my fights with him. Other times he does it every 10 seconds or so.

"
siema87 wrote:
Thank you that's what I wanted to know :) Could you tell me if I should improve something in my gear to try end game bosses?

That gear is good. What do your jewels look like & are you following Kelvynn's tree? Do you have lvl 20 q20 gems? I killed shaper with about the same stuff as you're wearing now after a few tries.
Last edited by Endactam on Oct 4, 2016, 7:05:04 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info