[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

is my setup alright for now? check my character and suggest me if i should do somethingg, or buy something
right now what u cant see , 1300 intelligence, capped resistances (by 10-20% extra on each), and 5300 avg dmg tooltip. (also im using lightning warp, because i find leap slam too clunky)
"
JOWH wrote:
"
Maumas wrote:
P.S im wondering about Auxium belt, is it must ? Or chill/froze flask will do? Or does that belt helps that much vs chill/freeze ? I think i dont understand how does it work :)

Monsters that deal cold damage can freeze you if they do a certain amount of LIFE damage to you. Since people who go for CI only got 1 life, it is mandatory to prevent getting frozen in the endgame. Auxium helps with that because it switches the calculation for that to your energy shield.
The same goes for Stun by the way.

Oh so that means if i got CI, i get frozen/chilled every time i get cold dmg? since i have 1 hp
"
Oh so that means if i got CI, i get frozen/chilled every time i get cold dmg? since i have 1 hp

Not exactly, the chance to be frozen is calculated based on your life pool as if you had no CI, but since CI characters don't take any +life% nodes it is still vert, very low (base hp), so you get frozen pretty often. http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Chaos_Inoculation
Without Auxium the maps are just way too annoying. So many things do cold damage, and the +cold dmg mod is pretty common too. You can try high tier mapping without Auxium and see how long it takes before you'll want to wear it again. :)

I know, the new ES belt base in 2.4 looks very tasty. But then we need to solve the cold protection issue somehow. Maybe there is some new crafted mod for it in the Essence league? I'll jump into the league once I'm done with Mr Shaper in Standard.
So, lvl 72 now.

6k ES
3k Icestorm damage tooltip with IR, 4500 with CE

1260 Int

Could improve, but no currency to buy top rolled uniques instead of just good rolled.
Could anyone check my char (WTFICEE) lvl 83 atm with 6174 ES ( with disc ) / 1544 INT / 4128 IceStorm with inc aoe .. im working on getting boots with more movespeed .. im not using +1 curse ring yet becuase i lack res otherwise ( like 10% ) ... im wondering if i should use vaal disc + inc duration or empowered gem in helm for more disc :o ? i only need enlighten to use AA right ?

Can i try to do uber lab already? or do i need more ES for that?
Last edited by AiMBOYrEE on Sep 5, 2016, 7:39:59 PM
New video:

Guardian of the Minotaur

The easiest of the four Guardians. Complete pushover, 60 sec fight with Enfeeble and +80% fire res. Don't stand between the Tesla coils.

Phoenix and Chimera down also. But PoE crashed when I entered Phoenix'es room for the first time and ruined the video. And Chimera does some WTF thing that I want to figure out before making a video.

Shaper, here we come!
"
Kelvynn wrote:
I know, the new ES belt base in 2.4 looks very tasty. But then we need to solve the cold protection issue somehow. Maybe there is some new crafted mod for it in the Essence league? I'll jump into the league once I'm done with Mr Shaper in Standard.

There is this little guy:

Spoiler

But if we're going to use it, there has to be a corruption on another item for a third curse (Astramentis e.g.)

Edit: this can only happen to amulets, my bad. So it has to be on Astramentis :)
Last edited by JOWH on Sep 6, 2016, 2:27:23 AM
Kelvynn, I see you have the +1 curse node in your tree, and you have it also corrupted on the Astramentis. Are you casting three curses? I see only TC and Enfeeble on your character. The other in your helm are linked to Blasphemy.
"
H3avyM3tal wrote:
Kelvynn, I see you have the +1 curse node in your tree, and you have it also corrupted on the Astramentis. Are you casting three curses? I see only TC and Enfeeble on your character. The other in your helm are linked to Blasphemy.

Yeah, it WM with blasphemy ,it counts as curse and TC and enf in chest. So 3 curses total

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info