[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

ah, I wanted to do this build because the skills look awesome, I am always looking for aesthetics when doing a build and the Scorching Ray with Ice dropping from above was really cool.
Now I see that it was a mistake, this build costs too much for a starter.
Anyway I was wondering, what belt can I get before level 79 Crystal Belt?
I've got an interesting problem and would like to hear some ideas.

This new flask is awesome. If fire is your top resist (past the cap, the number in parentheses) then you get 20% fire penetration in a flask. As a bonus, if cold is your lowest resist (again, without the cap in mind) then you take 10% reduced cold damage from things like Hydra and the Shaper. If you are a min-max genius and manage to get all 3 resists at the same value, you get the penetration and take reduced damage from all 3 elements. Sounds fantastic!

Well, here's the thing: in the fight where this would be most useful - the Shaper - we use Purity of Ice. That's +41% cold resist. So then to get the fire pen from this flask you need to overcap fire res by more than 40%. And lightning res too? Because 10% reduced cold damage would be super nice against the Shaper. Hmm...

I don't think dropping PoI would be a good idea. There is too much cold damage in that fight, it would be a lot less safe without PoI.

Of course, overcapping fire resist is always good - it makes EW+reflect meaningless. But it's already meaningless for this class, I've just run an EW+reflect map while leveling with non-maxed resists, and it didn't hurt all that much.

My current idea is to use a swap pair of boots or gloves for the Shaper/Hydra, i.e. have a cold resist mod on your regular boots or gloves and swap them for ones with fire res. But that can be expensive - you'll need two items of similar quality with different resists.

Any other ideas?
Last edited by Kelvynn on Mar 10, 2017, 2:41:18 PM
"
Messiah_sin_x wrote:
ah, I wanted to do this build because the skills look awesome, I am always looking for aesthetics when doing a build and the Scorching Ray with Ice dropping from above was really cool.
Now I see that it was a mistake, this build costs too much for a starter.
Anyway I was wondering, what belt can I get before level 79 Crystal Belt?

Anything that helps you max resists. I leveled to 79 in the Legacy league with this 1 alc belt:

Currently running three thirds of this build and I wanna say it's amazing, this is the most comprehensive and well detailed build ever and I'm happy I found it. Playing PoE since 2 weeks ago and I already ruined my main character on standard league but it's been a good learning experience to prepare myself for this build in the new league.

Anyway, I'm saying three thirds because it seems impossible to roll RRRB on boots to add golems, IC and CWDT and therefore I gotta cast them manually, the second thing is the Astramentis price and the fact that it's pretty impossible to farm I guess, as the divination card "The Polymath" is hard to drop, and the third and my biggest issue is the FPS, this build is very GPU intensive and I'm having a very hard time on bosses and even on large packs of monsters because of that, not to mention partying with others (to mention that I'm running a low end pc).

Crafting is still an issue, you need to do tremendous farming, and because of that I'm running a bit low on damage because I'm giving up inteligence over ES and some elemental resistances, but everything's ok.

This was my small review on your build and the first ever build that got me into PoE, so kudos to you! You did an amazing job and anyone should give this a try at some point. Also if you have any beginner tips I'm open to suggestions.
"
Kelvynn wrote:

This new flask is awesome. If fire is your top resist (past the cap, the number in parentheses) then you get 20% fire penetration in a flask. As a bonus, if cold is your lowest resist (again, without the cap in mind) then you take 10% reduced cold damage from things like Hydra and the Shaper. If you are a min-max genius and manage to get all 3 resists at the same value, you get the penetration and take reduced damage from all 3 elements. Sounds fantastic!

Well, here's the thing: in the fight where this would be most useful - the Shaper - we use Purity of Ice. That's +41% cold resist. So then to get the fire pen from this flask you need to overcap fire res by more than 40%. And lightning res too? Because 10% reduced cold damage would be super nice against the Shaper. Hmm...

I don't think dropping PoI would be a good idea. There is too much cold damage in that fight, it would be a lot less safe without PoI.

Of course, overcapping fire resist is always good - it makes EW+reflect meaningless. But it's already meaningless for this class, I've just run an EW+reflect map while leveling with non-maxed resists, and it didn't hurt all that much.

My current idea is to use a swap pair of boots or gloves for the Shaper/Hydra, i.e. have a cold resist mod on your regular boots or gloves and swap them for ones with fire res. But that can be expensive - you'll need two items of similar quality with different resists.

Any other ideas?

You ought to be able to make uncapped fire resist highest with an appropriate resist jewel even when running POI. You could probably even get cold lowest as well - though that would likely take 2 jewels. You'd of course likely be sacrificing a DPS jewel to do this but it's a less expensive alternative to the gear swap method.
Last edited by hankinsohl on Mar 10, 2017, 4:16:36 PM
"
Currently running three thirds of this build and I wanna say it's amazing, this is the most comprehensive and well detailed build ever and I'm happy I found it. Playing PoE since 2 weeks ago and I already ruined my main character on standard league but it's been a good learning experience to prepare myself for this build in the new league.

Anyway, I'm saying three thirds because it seems impossible to roll RRRB on boots to add golems, IC and CWDT and therefore I gotta cast them manually, the second thing is the Astramentis price and the fact that it's pretty impossible to farm I guess, as the divination card "The Polymath" is hard to drop, and the third and my biggest issue is the FPS, this build is very GPU intensive and I'm having a very hard time on bosses and even on large packs of monsters because of that, not to mention partying with others (to mention that I'm running a low end pc).

Crafting is still an issue, you need to do tremendous farming, and because of that I'm running a bit low on damage because I'm giving up inteligence over ES and some elemental resistances, but everything's ok.

This was my small review on your build and the first ever build that got me into PoE, so kudos to you! You did an amazing job and anyone should give this a try at some point. Also if you have any beginner tips I'm open to suggestions.

It's not impossible to roll the off colors for this build. I had 300 chromes and used maybe less than 200 to craft my gloves and boots.

"
kazeshinii wrote:
It's not impossible to roll the off colors for this build. I had 300 chromes and used maybe less than 200 to craft my gloves and boots.

You are right, indeed. I think I've barely used 200 chromas but It's still pain in the ass considering the fact that I'm trying to roll some temporary boots until I manage to get something like yours.

Those are the boots that I'm gonna roll, not even 4S sadly

(also the above post was me before finding out I can login with steam, so yeah)
Last edited by sentryx94 on Mar 10, 2017, 3:58:28 PM
"
sentryx94 wrote:
"
kazeshinii wrote:

You are right, indeed. I think I've barely used 200 chromas but It's still pain in the ass considering the fact that I'm trying to roll some temporary boots until I manage to get something like yours.

(also the above post was me before finding out I can login with steam, so yeah)

I don't really think you should craft a temporary boots with those colors tbh. Just have 2 red in your boots and 1 red 1 green in your gloves and you're good to go until you can craft/buy a good boots with int and resist and then you craft the final setup, this is how i did it.

edit: but since you're new and for some reason you feel like doing it, hit me up ingame and i'll give you the rest of my chromes since i don't need it anymore. my ign is KimiKaze
Last edited by kazeshinii on Mar 10, 2017, 3:58:27 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

Any other ideas?

hmmm, maybe have 2 out of chest/gloves/boots have a crafted cold or light resist on them. if you're doing shaper, you can rearrange the res then for a cost of 4 scours + 8 alch. probably only worth it if you want to chain several shapers/hydras in a row.

or maybe play around with the 2nd ring? since we no longer use pyre, the 2nd ring slot is kinda flexible. replacing perandus signet with a 65ish int ring (50-55 int + a crafted 6-11 all attributes) with some ES and res wouldnt be that bad a deal. would probably amount to a loss of ~30-40 charscreen int, leave the ES value roughly the same or slightly improve it (less int, more flat ES) and solve the res issue. losing some 30-40ish int would certainly be worth gaining an additional 20% fire pen and/or 10% reduced cold damage taken in those two fights.
Last edited by Black_Gun on Mar 10, 2017, 4:20:08 PM
"

Anyway, I'm saying three thirds because it seems impossible to roll RRRB on boots to add golems, IC and CWDT

Two-toned boots are far easier to color.

Golems will be cast wtih CwDT as soon as my CwDT levels.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info