[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"
Sarasin wrote:

Surely you would need to change at least some stuff around though right? For example the CWDT setup where you summon a lightning golem and a flame golem if I am using CwC and scorching ray does the lightning golem buff not now do nothing? So presumably I'd use a different golem though the others aren't going to give me any extra damage either, though I suppose the cast speed would let me turn the beam faster it sucks to lose out on abusing the witch's advantage with the extra golem and increased effect of their buffs.

That is just off the top of my head I'm not sure if there would be anything else that might need considering.

"
Levirael wrote:
So, as to make a list of the changes:

-Replace Spell Echo and Concentrated Effect/Item Rarity for CwC and SR, you may swap another support gem for Item Rarity.
-Replace Lightning Golem with either Chaos Golem or Ice Golem. For Ice Golem you need to recolor your helmet, changing the blue socket of Enlighten to green.
-Remove Enlighten and, as said above, replace for green socket if you're going for Ice Golem, or for red if you need so.
-Whatever you do you will get an extra socket which will be either blue if you use Ice Golem or whatever color you want if you use Chaos Golem instead.
-Items, passives, flasks don't change.

-Edit: You can also move your CWDT+Immortal Call+Flame Golem+Ice Golem to your helmet, and your Blasphemy+Warlord's Mark+Arctic Armour/Discipline to your gloves, leaving an extra socket.
"
Sarasin wrote:

Surely you would need to change at least some stuff around though right? For example the CWDT setup where you summon a lightning golem and a flame golem if I am using CwC and scorching ray does the lightning golem buff not now do nothing? So presumably I'd use a different golem though the others aren't going to give me any extra damage either, though I suppose the cast speed would let me turn the beam faster it sucks to lose out on abusing the witch's advantage with the extra golem and increased effect of their buffs.

That is just off the top of my head I'm not sure if there would be anything else that might need considering.

Don't be silly. Of course there are little changes like this that you need to make depending on what class you play. They are all obvious things like this though. The general idea, and skeleton of the tree should be basically the same was my point.
U MAD?
I am having trouble with clear speed with this build. I want to leap slap -> ice storm -> leap slam, repeat, but casting ice storm takes so long and I lag far behind other people in a party. Should I switch from spell echo to faster casting support, since it only takes one cast of ice storm to kill things. Or maybe this isn't a build that you would farm dried lakes with?
"
jabberjabber2 wrote:
I am having trouble with clear speed with this build. I want to leap slap -> ice storm -> leap slam, repeat, but casting ice storm takes so long and I lag far behind other people in a party. Should I switch from spell echo to faster casting support, since it only takes one cast of ice storm to kill things. Or maybe this isn't a build that you would farm dried lakes with?

I had no problems farming dried lake when I used the spell echo version of the build. I'd suggest switching over to CwC+SR though if it feels slow to you. It really speeds things up even more imo. Especially without spell echo keeping you stuck in place. With CwC+SR you can cast and move if need be.

I also noticed your int on your gear is pretty low. I'd suggest upgrading them if you have the currency for it. I know a lot of es gear has sky rocketed though.
heyho, just invested like 2-3 ex to try out this built, got like 70% of the gear and i kinda like it. but theres a big problem => the lag.. cant play with icestorm :( shouldve tried it before respeccing, but u guys maybe know a little switch to the passive tree to go for wildstrike or BF with HoWA? need help <3
"
grafix93 wrote:
heyho, just invested like 2-3 ex to try out this built, got like 70% of the gear and i kinda like it. but theres a big problem => the lag.. cant play with icestorm :( shouldve tried it before respeccing, but u guys maybe know a little switch to the passive tree to go for wildstrike or BF with HoWA? need help <3

Yeah you could respec into some kind of HoWA setup probably.
U MAD?
"
xxLucifielxx wrote:

I had no problems farming dried lake when I used the spell echo version of the build. I'd suggest switching over to CwC+SR though if it feels slow to you. It really speeds things up even more imo. Especially without spell echo keeping you stuck in place. With CwC+SR you can cast and move if need be.

I also noticed your int on your gear is pretty low. I'd suggest upgrading them if you have the currency for it. I know a lot of es gear has sky rocketed though.

Thanks, I'll try it out. I noticed that you have 3 curses: warlord's mark, enfeeble, and temporal chains, however, you only use the +1 curse passive and not the +1 ring. Does that mean one of the curses is going to waste since enemies can only have 2 curses for you?
What is the thought on replacing the fire pen with iron will. With a 20 20 iron will, in the whispering ice, it becomes a 21/20. giving 50% more spell damage, plus strength to spell damage. On my character this equals a 76.4% increase in spell damage. is this equivalent to fire pen?

Actually I did the math wrong. Strength gives 2% inc melee damage per 10 str. I have 264 str. so I get 26.4*2% plus the 50% from level 21/20 iron will. that should be a 102.8% inc in spell damage. Is this correct? and is it better then fire pen?
Last edited by LokisMaster on Jan 19, 2017, 2:31:53 PM
"
LokisMaster wrote:
What is the thought on replacing the fire pen with iron will. With a 20 20 iron will, in the whispering ice, it becomes a 21/20. giving 50% more spell damage, plus strength to spell damage. On my character this equals a 76.4% increase in spell damage. is this equivalent to fire pen?

Actually I did the math wrong. Strength gives 2% inc melee damage per 10 str. I have 264 str. so I get 26.4*2% plus the 50% from level 21/20 iron will. that should be a 102.8% inc in spell damage. Is this correct? and is it better then fire pen?

with all the fire, cold and spell damage that this build gets, we are typically at something around 700-800% increased damage. adding another 100% increased damage on top of that is roughly equivalent to a 11% more multiplier. fire pen is, in the very worst scenario, a 31% more multiplier. in scenarions that are favorable for fire pen, it is equivalent to a 50% more multiplier, or even higher than that.

tldr: fire pen is always substantially better than iron will.
"
Black_Gun wrote:
"
LokisMaster wrote:

with all the fire, cold and spell damage that this build gets, we are typically at something around 700-800% increased damage. adding another 100% increased damage on top of that is roughly equivalent to a 11% more multiplier. fire pen is, in the very worst scenario, a 31% more multiplier. in scenarions that are favorable for fire pen, it is equivalent to a 50% more multiplier, or even higher than that.

tldr: fire pen is always substantially better than iron will.

Excellent explanation. thank you.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info