[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

"

perandus signet ring, doedres ring for tricurse, auxium belt, boots with higher es and more res. and above all, get more levels in. this is one of the builds that has the highest scaling with level. in the variation of the build that I am currently playing, going from level 88 to 92 boosts my damage from 9.8k to 11.2k. its absurd.

gogo share ur variation ;)
Respeced my Flameblaster that I didn't like on PHC into this build (cost about 60 regrets, yikes!). Liking it so far, but I'm insanely low on ES. Is there something I'm doing wrong? My chest is a bit weak and Discipline is still ~4 levels too low, but this won't make up for 3-4k missing ES I think.

Gear:

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWFdcYahkuGmwc3BznHRQdTx2-HwIn7Sj6KU8qOCycLL8tHzOHNbk2xTlSOtg8BT0PPV9FR0ZxTLNRdFJTVkhWY1cNWAdd8l9qX7BmVGoea3ptGW-ed-V8u3_GgseDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WMdo6-jumPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCX9Juhm7Wdrp48ns2fy6KjppmnCKcrpzCvja-br6e0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9si_ykrK09DQ0iHUB9Wm2CTZYdyN323fsOQi6-Tr7uwY7DjvfPIv?accountName=Glick&characterName=Glick
Has anyone tested Beast Fur Shawl with this? can get around 600 ES on it, plus the boost to area and 40% spell damage.
"
CastielleZero wrote:
Has anyone tested Beast Fur Shawl with this? can get around 600 ES on it, plus the boost to area and 40% spell damage.

the area is kinda unneeded and doesnt do much. the 40% spell damage are weaker than a 45-50 int roll. and it has lower es than a rare chest for the same investment. and rare chests can also have the very needed res on them. and beast fur shawl is kinda hipster and overpriced.

so while it certainly is not a terrible chest, it is still a bad idea since it offers very lackluster return on investment.
"
Glick wrote:
Respeced my Flameblaster that I didn't like on PHC into this build (cost about 60 regrets, yikes!). Liking it so far, but I'm insanely low on ES. Is there something I'm doing wrong? My chest is a bit weak and Discipline is still ~4 levels too low, but this won't make up for 3-4k missing ES I think.

Gear:

Tree:

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMCAAPuBAcOSBBYES0RUBGWFdcYahkuGmwc3BznHRQdTx2-HwIn7Sj6KU8qOCycLL8tHzOHNbk2xTlSOtg8BT0PPV9FR0ZxTLNRdFJTVkhWY1cNWAdd8l9qX7BmVGoea3ptGW-ed-V8u3_GgseDCYP3hMWFe4auh2WMdo6-jumPRo_6kPqSwZMnlSCX9Juhm7Wdrp48ns2fy6KjppmnCKcrpzCvja-br6e0DLUEuJO-isBmwcXB88M6xBXE9si_ykrK09DQ0iHUB9Wm2CTZYdyN323fsOQi6-Tr7uwY7DjvfPIv?accountName=Glick&characterName=Glick

Looks like your brute force he been speced out of near the Mara tree. So you are not turning all those str nodes into Int?

Also dual curse and increased duration should be the lat things you get to max dps and get more survival. Make sure you get the Int nodes. I also took the start witch nodes for more es and the foresight node near scion, just until i had enough ES to spec our of them.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ NERF ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
"
the area is kinda unneeded and doesnt do much. the 40% spell damage are weaker than a 45-50 int roll. and it has lower es than a rare chest for the same investment. and rare chests can also have the very needed res on them. and beast fur shawl is kinda hipster and overpriced.

so while it certainly is not a terrible chest, it is still a bad idea since it offers very lackluster return on investment.

Makes sense, I didn't think about the spell dmg from the Int. Thanks :)
A few small inconsistencies I noticed about your skill tree:

1) You go for infused shield which is 31% increased ES for 3 points, but you skip foresight which is 20% increased ES and 20 flat ES for only two points making it way more efficient. If you take only one of them, it should be foresight.

2) You say none of the bandit rewards are worth a skill point, although you could get +30 total resistance (10 each) from normal Kraityn. Then you use 3 skill points to get diamond skin for +69 total resistances, which is much worse value than kraityn resists at only 23/skillpoint.

Last edited by chinz on Jun 27, 2016, 7:04:55 AM
"
chinz wrote:
A few small inconsistencies I noticed about your skill tree:

1) You go for infused shield which is 31% increased ES for 3 points, but you skip foresight which is 20% increased ES and 20 flat ES for only two points making it way more efficient. If you take only one of them, it should be foresight.

2) You say none of the bandit rewards are worth a skill point, although you could get +30 total resistance (10 each) from normal Kraityn. Then you use 3 skill points to get diamond skin for +69 total resistances, which is much worse value than kraityn resists at only 23/skillpoint.

Infused Shield is MORE, Foresight is INCREASED. The first is multiplicative, the second is additive. Taking Infused Shield as CI is mandatory.

Kraityn only gives you +10 to total resistances once, in Normal. In Cruel and Merciless he gives you attack speed and Frenzy charge. But you can bypass taking the 3 resistances if your gear is good enough. And Diamond Skin does not give you +69 total resistances.
"
intre wrote:
Infused Shield is MORE, Foresight is INCREASED. The first is multiplicative, the second is additive. Taking Infused Shield as CI is mandatory.

Ah, I'm dumb.

"
Kraityn only gives you +10 to total resistances once, in Normal. In Cruel and Merciless he gives you attack speed and Frenzy charge. But you can bypass taking the 3 resistances if your gear is good enough. And Diamond Skin does not give you +69 total resistances.

What do you mean DS is not +69 total resistances for 3 points? You get +12 fire, +12 lightning or cold and +15 all, which makes total of 12+12+3*15 = 69 points of resistance for 3 skill points.

And yes of course you can only take Kraityn resistances once but +10 all resistances is still worth 30 total resistance. Each elemental resistance is equally valuable on gear and passive tree, so to compare efficiency of nodes you have to count each point of +all as 3 points.
Last edited by chinz on Jun 27, 2016, 9:12:01 AM
"
chinz wrote:

What do you mean DS is not +69 total resistances for 3 points? You get +12 fire, +12 lightning or cold and +15 all, which makes total of 12+12+3*15 = 69 points of resistance for 3 skill points.

And yes of course you can only take Kraityn resistances once but +10 all resistances is still worth 30 total resistance. Each elemental resistance is equally valuable on gear and passive tree, so to compare efficiency of nodes you have to count each point of +all as 3 points.

You don't get +69 res to fire or +69 res to cold or +69 res to lightning. You get 27 to fire, 27 to lightning and 15 to cold. With Kraityn you get +10 to cold, +10 to fire and +10 to lightning, they don't add.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info