[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Been doing my own mix of WI, just here to chime in how I built it on BHC. At it's core its cwc'd and I've opted for the crafting route for 100% stun avoidance instead of pathing to Unwavering. I've probably gone too defensive in my current tree but so far I haven't needed more dmg. I'm especially paranoid about some random volatile blowing me up in hardcore in the clusterfuck that is icestorm+breaches.

So many more upgrades to be found. Pipedream would be a +curse astramentis... but yea gl with that. Did a huge upgrade switch recently so my links and such is slightly messed up but here's my current stuff.

I'm not sure if i misunderstood something but in the build explanation you mention that one of the high damage boosting gems is cold to fire, yet in the links section and your own gear you replace that with life leech. Could you elaborate on this?
hi all..

whats your AVG damage in Hideout without buffs?
HI all,

i've played this build in the previous breach league and enjoyed very much.
My goal is to get a wing reward, but i have to complete some annoying (for me) challaneges.
So i need some advice for that:) For ex.
- Kill a monster possessed by two Tormented Spirits - I have some prophecy for it, like Possesed Foe and Ending torment. are they useful for this challange?
- Create these Corrupted Jewels - what is the best way to complete this? stacking jewels and use vaal orb on them?

That are the most problematic issues for me:/ The 10 000 map tier is impossible for me i donT play so much to reach that:/

Any useful tips for the 2 challanges above? :)

ps. sorry for my english, but i hope you can understand me:)

For the first one with two tormented spirits: https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/5h1m65/psa_how_to_get_the_two_tormented_spirits_challenge/

The second one is just using vaal orbs on the right base jewel.

Last edited by dandan88 on Dec 28, 2016, 6:38:05 AM
Pretty ignorant about this build and it's play style, I see a lot of people going SR CwC version of this build? Anyone able to give a quick run down of the pros and cons of the SR CwC one?
Last edited by Curtsie on Dec 28, 2016, 9:45:57 AM
"
Curtsie wrote:
Pretty ignorant about this build and it's play style, I see a lot of people going SR CwC version of this build? Anyone able to give a quick run down of the pros and cons of the SR CwC one?

i'm using it

pros:
lots of fire penetration
can range out and offscreen easily
no cast animation

cons:
dps might be lower i guess
"
SiegfriedXX wrote:
hi all..

whats your AVG damage in Hideout without buffs?

8876 unbuffed (only golems) without conc
9757 unbuffed with conc

I am, for various reasons, using a cold to fire + avatar of fire + perandus signet setup.

with conc + pyre (i.e. the usual setup recommended in kelvynn's guide), my unbuffed average damage would stand at 10075.
"
Curtsie wrote:

main reason for me was mana cost (15 with cwc vs 214921492174219 self cast) and extra dps. the fire pen from gem + scorching ray + flamm gives >90% fire pen and the cwc gem gives a more dmg multiplier, against spell echo's less dmg.

my damage is super low still around 2.5k but using rarity gem and have no dmg nodes. Don't really understand how you get to 10k unbuffed....
Last edited by dandan88 on Dec 28, 2016, 11:32:31 AM
I think I'm getting addicted to the mobility and reactiveness of the SR-CwC setup and the absence of mana restrictions.

If there is a DPS loss associated with it, it's not a huge one and it can be compensated for by replacing the Lightning golem with the Ice one. We use Lightning for cast speed bonus and get 0.37 sec cast time for Icestorm with Spell Echo, which is roughly the same as 0.35 sec with CwC. That eliminates the need for Lightning and we can just take 40% inc dmg bonus from Liege by using Ice golem. The only problem there is needing to off-color all 4 sockets in either boots or gloves. But then again, it's just a question of about 1k chroms, nothing like 6L that most builds need. Ice golem is roughly equivalent to a jewel socket. You'll get it eventually. Can use Chaos golem for extra defense until then.

As I mentioned above, CwC is an upgrade over SE (10% MORE instead of 10% LESS dmg). The loss of DPS comes only from replacing CD (45% MORE) with SR (some flat damage with -24% res debuff). But how big is it? Maybe some people with spreadsheets can calculate. I'll run some tests with my actual char in Standard when I have time.

On my Berserker with no ele dmg Ascendancy, SR does 31k DPS at stage 8. But Elementalist has a whole lot of increased fire dmg, so the damage of SR should be more relevant here. -24% res debuff is close enough to 20% MORE dmg in most cases, although it only applies to rares and bosses because everything else dies before it's fully applied.

So the sum of CwC vs SE upgrade, Ice golem bonus and SR's own DPS and debuff should not be that much worse than SE+CD, if it's even worse. But what you get is awesome. Pre-casting 14 Icestorms on a boss without running out of mana is great. Being able to stop casting and move at any time is even better.

I think CwC is the new best thing.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Dec 28, 2016, 12:05:29 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info