[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Elementalist - Viable for Everything

Is there any reason to go CtF+AoF with a non-legacy Perandus? I currently have enough fire/cold res, but napkin math says that I won't get any damage by doing so, as switching CD 45% more for CtF 29% more is a 12% loss, while Perandus only gives me around 10% more damage, especially since it costs 2 skill points.
Last edited by Rivx on Oct 14, 2016, 2:45:04 PM
"
leichenlager wrote:
alright so i just did another run trying to facetank everything. and what can i say it went really smooth and also deathless. his auto attacks were tickling and the beam damage was easy to leech against. as you said he wasnt shooting any balls at me (just like once after the zana phase when i had to get close to him again ). He still went for his slam attack even though i stood on top of him. i also survived that with around 3k es left popping my flasks. still no sword drop :(

Told ya! :) He can still teleport slam if you are in a party or if you use a ranged attacker golem (but not often). But you can survive it as long as you don't stand in the epicenter of it. The outer edges do much less damage.

Anyway, facetanking 4tw!

"
yissus wrote:
Whats the benefits of a black sun over that op hubris circlet helmet??..at first sight that hubris gives like more than 2k energy shield and a lot of INT..

Replacing a good hubris with BSC is trading 1-1.5k ES for 1-1.5k Icestorm tooltip and 100+ Int. Your Enlighten and Discipline gain +1 level (extra ES and free mana). You no longer have to lose your existing helmet enchantment in hopes of getting a better one. And you can use different helmets for different targets (this became even more useful in 2.4; I use a swap helmet for the Shaper to run PoI).

"
Rivx wrote:
Is there any reason to go CtF+AoF with a non-legacy Perandus? I currently have enough fire/cold res, but napkin math says that I won't get any damage by doing so, as switching CD 45% more for CtF 29% more is a 12% loss, while Perandus only gives me around 10% more damage, especially since it costs 2 skill points.

CtF+AoF+Perandus makes sense only with very high Int (legacy Perandus can help with that). It works for the Scion because of the massive Int bonus from her Ascendancy, it can be good for the Witch as a final lv 100 upgrade, although not sure. But as long as you still have something good to grab it's better to grab it faster with those 2 skill points.

Oh, and you need to have better gear for that scheme too. Maxing resists with Perandus instead of Pyre is a lot harder.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 14, 2016, 4:18:07 PM
Hey op, sorry to trouble you again, could you take a look at my gear and help me if theres any major improvements(other than the hubris into BSC)
crafted this belt today, it's so awesome!

EDIT: I just found where you answered this question on page 58. Please disregard my question here. Thanks again!!

OK, this build is awesome. Just hit level 91 and I have only one question/suggestions: I swapped out the Ball Lightning CWDT setup for Curse on Hit--Orb of Storms--Temp. Chains--Enfeeble. The reasoning is that since you are already always casting Orb of Storms anyway, you will always have instant dual curse on enemies without needing to wait for Ball Lightning to proc. Plus Orb gives you 360 degrees of curse instead of the 1 projectile in front of you. In a 5L, you can add Increased AoE which covers most of the screen and instantly curses everything.

I'm sure that the author has thought of this setup and decided against it for very good reasons, but I have no idea what they might be. Is there some other benefit to using the Ball Lightning setup that I just missed?

Thanks for the awesome guide!
Last edited by jedy567 on Oct 15, 2016, 10:53:49 AM
"
jedy567 wrote:
EDIT: I just found where you answered this question on page 58. Please disregard my question here. Thanks again!!

OK, this build is awesome. Just hit level 91 and I have only one question/suggestions: I swapped out the Ball Lightning CWDT setup for Curse on Hit--Orb of Storms--Temp. Chains--Enfeeble. The reasoning is that since you are already always casting Orb of Storms anyway, you will always have instant dual curse on enemies without needing to wait for Ball Lightning to proc. Plus Orb gives you 360 degrees of curse instead of the 1 projectile in front of you. In a 5L, you can add Increased AoE which covers most of the screen and instantly curses everything.

I'm sure that the author has thought of this setup and decided against it for very good reasons, but I have no idea what they might be. Is there some other benefit to using the Ball Lightning setup that I just missed?

Thanks for the awesome guide!

If I had to guess, Ball Lightning travels pretty far, and can curse off screen mobs too.

Figured it out...

You can have only one orb of storms...

Ball Lightning keeps casting...
Last edited by TeaAddict on Oct 15, 2016, 3:18:02 PM
I have another question to the author of the build - do you run with all three auras on?

My mana and Enlighten lvl 2 (+1 from helmet) allow me to run Discipline, WM and Arctic Armor, leaving enough mana for 2 casts of the main attack skill (or one if I switch to the concentrated gem).

I feel reluctant to ever switch off Discipline (as it gives me 2200+ ES), but switching on AA seems a little taxing for some situations when you need to pre-spam main attack.

What is your approach?

In your video of 2.4 witch vs 2x Rigwald, you have all 3 auras on. Do you always do that when farming less dangerous maps?
Last edited by Brongard on Oct 15, 2016, 4:04:47 PM
"
Brongard wrote:
I have another question to the author of the build - do you run with all three auras on?

My mana and Enlighten lvl 2 (+1 from helmet) allow me to run Discipline, WM and Arctic Armor, leaving enough mana for 2 casts of the main attack skill (or one if I switch to the concentrated gem).

I feel reluctant to ever switch off Discipline (as it gives me 2200+ ES), but switching on AA seems a little taxing for some situations when you need to pre-spam main attack.

What is your approach?

In your video of 2.4 witch vs 2x Rigwald, you have all 3 auras on. Do you always do that when farming less dangerous maps?

I do almost all maps with 3 auras on. Been up to t13 so far without too much problem. Only time I die is during lag spikes and can't use my flasks on time.
Hmm can not chose between Witch version of it and Templar version. Which one tankier and what about the dps? Never played as Whispering Ice tho. So dunno which one to chose..
HI Whispering Ice maniacs ;p
My current gear on ESC

jeweles

flask

stats
avg. damage : 17200 (max buffed with flask)
ES: 11549
INT: 1700

My Passive Skill Tree - lvl 95

Videos (only one for now i have low uploaded speed)
Uber Lab Run
ing: Sehemyr
Last edited by blajo on Oct 16, 2016, 2:03:56 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info