Orion - the hunter - a god with the bow - cheap, insane DPS, fun as hell - Get ready for 2.5 version

"
rel4us wrote:
"
zenixmoo wrote:
What bow would you use BEFORE Death's Opus, as I feel this bow will be heading in an upwards direction price wise making it hard to get initially for people not going HAM or not lucky. aka me =p

Death's harp

How far you feel you could go with Death's Harp map wise?
notable changes that affect this build:

Reach of the Council: Its added damage has been lowered from (25-40 to 100-115) to (15-30 to 70-95). Its local increased physical damage has been reduced from (50%-70%) to (40%-50%). Given the large number of additional projectiles this bow provides, it doesn't need the incredibly large damage bonus. It essentially has a built-in GMP which you could use a damage support in place of.

Poison now deals 8% of Physical and Chaos damage as Chaos Damage for 2 seconds (down from 10%). While we have future plans to fix Poison (addressing double dipping), this nerf brings it slightly more in line until we can make those changes.

Not that bad, what do you guys think?
I'd say this still works, I'll be trying it (most likely) next league.
It seems that the whole meta was nerfed more or less anyway.
"
KissMyBlade wrote:

Reach of the Council: Its added damage has been lowered from (25-40 to 100-115) to (15-30 to 70-95). Its local increased physical damage has been reduced from (50%-70%) to (40%-50%). Given the large number of additional projectiles this bow provides, it doesn't need the incredibly large damage bonus. It essentially has a built-in GMP which you could use a damage support in place of.

Poison now deals 8% of Physical and Chaos damage as Chaos Damage for 2 seconds (down from 10%). While we have future plans to fix Poison (addressing double dipping), this nerf brings it slightly more in line until we can make those changes.

well, as the maker of the build, the build is relying on many machanics, some got nerfed:

1. now the daeth's opus is the endgame (unless some new unique bow will come out, or some super rolled rare 50ex bow will be on the market) - death's opus nerf is 23%
2. the pierce gem nerf - 10% nerf
3. the poison nerf - 20% nerf

so if I did 14KK DPS, now i'll do 7.7KK (wich is about total of about 40% less) - I think it will still rape all things :D
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
IGN: ascendant_broken_heart, thread number: 1608112
"
well, as the maker of the build, the build is relying on many machanics, some got nerfed:

1. now the daeth's opus is the endgame (unless some new unique bow will come out, or some super rolled rare 50ex bow will be on the market) - death's opus nerf is 23%

so if I did 14KK DPS, now i'll do 7.7KK (wich is about total of about 40% less) - I think it will still rape all things :D

You also have the new Steel Rings that will be introduced (3-11 phys to attacks), could help to compensate a bit considering you got an iron ring now :)
I should mention, reach can still get up to about 297pdps, which is still 50% more damage than death's opus as well as 4 additional projectiles. The crit multi doesn't quite make up for it, though you don't have to use crit strikes gem on the opus.
For try, for see, and for know.

This is a buff
Last edited by Etherfire on Aug 31, 2016, 7:08:05 AM
"
Etherfire wrote:
I should mention, reach can still get up to about 297pdps, which is still 50% more damage than death's opus as well as 4 additional projectiles. The crit multi doesn't quite make up for it, though you don't have to use crit strikes gem on the opus.

Thing is....

my reach has 369 DPS, and I tested it with death opus, it was total of 23% less damage,

and with top roll after the nerf it will be 20% less,

I'm sure the price of death opus will be life 5c, and max roll reach will be like 3ex...

opus has better ctir chance, and 150% crit damage, that is why it is almost like the nerfed reach
The real king of the hill - ASSZERKER CoC - high life, insane damage and clear speed
"
rel4us wrote:
"
KissMyBlade wrote:

I agree I was at the point where I was just using faster projectiles and attacks instead of SP and PPAD with Tshot and just breezing through higher maps. Is death's opus getting nerfed as well?

Was curious what you thought about using rigwald's quiver on standard vs the plus one drill neck. I've primary switched to shot since I got a good enchant helm and it clears faster.
Last edited by stephenp1983 on Aug 31, 2016, 5:49:17 PM
Hey, I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find it anywhere but will this build still be viable with the Atlas patch? I know poison is getting nerfed but i just found the build and really want to try it out in the next league.
"
Andod wrote:
Hey, I'm sure this has been asked but I couldn't find it anywhere but will this build still be viable with the Atlas patch? I know poison is getting nerfed but i just found the build and really want to try it out in the next league.

Read the last 3 pages, to make a long story short, the build works :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info