[2.5.0*] Jagarnath, Destroyer of Maps (Cyclone-CoMK-Discharge) *Budget Build* *DEMO VIDEO*

Hello,

First of all, I wanna thank you for this build.

I have some things things that I don't understand, maybe you'll enlight me up.

First of all:

1. I take Juggernaut -> Normal -> Unflinching
Cruel -> Unrelenting
Merciless -> Unyielding
Uberlab -> Unbreakable

In your opinion, this is the right order of taking the ascendancy points?

My second concern:

2. Can I drop one of the rings (Pyre / Sibyl's Lament) and take Romira's Banquet?

Romira's Banquet + Resolute tehnique
Lose all Power Charges on Critical Strike + Never deal Critical Strikes = Infinite Endurance Charges?

Thanks
"
absinthu wrote:

My second concern:

2. Can I drop one of the rings (Pyre / Sibyl's Lament) and take Romira's Banquet?

Romira's Banquet + Resolute tehnique
Lose all Power Charges on Critical Strike + Never deal Critical Strikes = Infinite Endurance Charges?

Thanks

I am not the author, but you should be fine in SC not using the Sibyl's Lament.
I did my own iteration of the build and so far i didn't die to single rare monsters with reflect.

Though i don't see the point of the Romiras tbh. You will trigger "Elemental overload" frequently with your default critchance and the lightning-damage from power-charges doesn't scale that well.
In combination with "volls devotion" on the other hand, romiras is a great way to guarantee charges.
So in case you have the devotion already or are rich enough, give it a try. Though its not in the spirit of a budget-starter build.

Regarding the ring choices :
I found myself short on skillpoints and used "Doedres Damning" instead of 5 passive points to get another curse.
I didn't take Avatar of Fire too, as i stayed with he "Pyre Ring" till the very lategame. Avatar of Fire would cut half the damage from the frenzy charges.
Hint: Both of the Rings don't have additional life as a downside. So there is maybe some potential min/Maxing getting the curse from passives.

As i did quite a lot of uberlab runs, i didn't get "Unbreakable" in the Ascendancy, but went for "Unstoppable". The advantage was the faster travelling time and a higher increase in cyclone dps, because of the additional movespeed. So far, the only problem are elemental buffs to Itzaros attacks.
In combination with charges or curses, they are a no go. The other combinations are easily done.

I will test "Unbreakable" in the future, because i went for a lot more %armour passives in the tree and even "energized armour" in the templar jewel socket. Though i didnt get my hands on a high %armour astral plate so far, i rated Armour highly on the other slots. Maybe the 2k armour-base from the fated unique is a nice testing object, to compare to an astral plate in the near future.
I chose the "Kingsguard" as my body armour, which is < 800 Armour rating, but is constantly healing your toon.

I just run a single 6link ( didn't manage to link my Oro's ). It's MinistrelShadracks choice:
Cyclone - WED - fire pen - COMK - Discharge - inc. AOE

In some situations i switch the inc. AOE to conc Effect or remove the COMK as an example in atziri fights or the final itzaro phase without portals its highly recommended.

my 5link is in fact a 4link leapslam with faster attacks and fortify + warchief totem. the 3rd support could be WED / AOE etc. Compared to a 2nd fortify cyclone leap slam is clunky in bossfights, but grants great mobility in the lab.
Hint : leapslam + faster attacks could easily be interchanged for cyclone and WED/fire pen.

Food for thought:
The Discharge damage is already overkill.
Is there a way to get a 3rd curse ( elemental weakness ) or maybe arctic armour running.
Enlighten / Passives near templar + duellist.
In T13-T15 getting the initial kills was starting to slow down, without the "Writhng Jar" flask.
i stopped using it during mid-tier maps and because my teammate killed the worms frequently,
thus looking for ways to increase the initial cyclone dps.

Last edited by Charontid on Aug 29, 2016, 5:44:36 AM
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Path of Exile: Version 2.4.0 (Atlas of Worlds) Patch Notes

Triggered Skill Improvements:
Since we introduced trigger gems, players have been able to trigger their skills faster and faster with each update. The performance and gameplay consequences of this extreme skill spam have finally justified a redesign of how some trigger gems work.
  • For Cast on Critical Strike, Cast on Melee Kill, Mjölner and Cospri's Malice, only one skill can be triggered per trigger event. The damage of Cast on Critical Strike and Cast on Melee Kill has been increased, as described in "Active Skill Gem Balance" below.
  • The spell that is triggered is determined based on the order in which it is socketed, and will cast supported spells in sequence, even across multiple attacks. These items and skills also have cooldowns which limit how often a skill is cast.

Active Skill Gem Balance:
  • Cast on Melee Kill now has a 250ms cooldown. Cast on Melee Kill's increases to spell damage have been replaced with 20% more spell damage at level 1, up to 39% at level 20 (1% per level).
  • Discharge now deals 35% less damage when triggered.

Ascendancy Skill Balance Changes:
  • Unrelenting now has a 30% chance to gain maximum charges on generating an endurance charge (rather than 100%).While we do want the Juggernaut to be effective at generating endurance charges, this made it far too easy and low-effort. It's still very good.

* The build only uses 1 discharge gem. So multiple cast nerfs is not a problem.
* 250ms cooldown is a bummer. But might improve fps drops for alot of players.
* a level 20/20% CoMK gem gave 10% + 78% increased spell damage. 10% inc + 39% more is nice.
* 35% LESS dmg for discharge. that's a nerf alright.
* Unrelenting 30% chance is a killer. If it wasn't for the frenzy charges this build would otherwise be in serious trouble.

Early Conclusions: (pre 2.4 testing)
Nerfed (max endurance charges, some dmg, no more machinegun firing)
Buffed (graphics fps lag / dmg)

If the build can shift some resources from endurance into frenzy charges it will still be very good. I can claim this because the build worked before ascendancy unrelenting was introduced. No matter what you do, you'll always end up with plenty charges, since you have so many sources to gain charges.

The build survives this patch!
@Minstrelshadrak
Last edited by MinstrelShadrak on Aug 31, 2016, 4:21:41 AM
Why you don't use also use daresso defiance chest to generate endurance charge ?
"
snakesolidx wrote:
Why you don't use also use daresso defiance chest to generate endurance charge ?

Solid option, like many other unique chests; Kingsguard for example.

The hardest part is linking those. I've tested them on standard, in new league's I'm usually satisfied when I get a 6L astral plate from Celestial Justicar divination cards.
@Minstrelshadrak
I did some math on my current setup comparing it to the patchnodes.

Background story:
Spoiler

Since prophecy merged with standard i am leveling a second toon with 2 inspired learnings ( duellist and templar jewel ) , instead of a dmg-jewel and an energized armour in the previous iteration.

For the calculation, i swapped the energized armour for another dmg-jewel.

Note: The inspired learning-setup pushed me to >300k exp from 78 to 85.
The downside is a loss of some initial cyclone damage ( neglectable as soon as you use the writhing jar)
and around 33% less damage then the version with dmg-jewels.
The advantage is mainly accuracy and movement-speed buffs from rare enemies, speeding things up ( + some fun with souleater ).

Math in Detail:
Spoiler

Back to the math ( based on quality 20 gems and the current COMK version )
0 DMG - Jewel : 266%
Inspired : 282 % total damage
DMG - Jwewel : 360 % total damage

Note: 88% increased comes from COMK alone. another 100% is the base value of the skill.

Taking the patchnodes for COMK into consideration, it will be inc. on fire-spells:
0 DMG - Jewel : 267%
Inspired: 282%
DMG - Jewel: 391% THIS IS A BUFF!

No we take the 35% less damage on a triggered Discharge into account:
0 DMG - Jewel : 173%
Inspired: 183%
DMG - Jewel: 255%

We will do
0 DMG - Jewel : 64%
Inspired: 65%
DMG - Jewel: 71%
of the damage in 2.3 as long as we have full endurance charges.

This will be less in fact as unrelenting got nerfed.

"
"
snakesolidx wrote:

Solid option, like many other unique chests; Kingsguard for example.

The hardest part is linking those. I've tested them on standard, in new league's I'm usually satisfied when I get a 6L astral plate from Celestial Justicar divination cards.

With Daresso's Defiance, you will loose endurance charges when hit. Sounds like a downside?

Looks like some gambling to me : ) Onslaught is fine on the other hand.

Atziri :
Spoiler

I did 15 runs during prophecy with this build:
The regular COMK + inc AOE setup facerolls the double Vaal + the Trio.
During atziri, i switched the inc. AOE to conc. Effect. Changing back to inc. AOE during the minion-phase.

Sidenote: Atziri reflects curses, so i turned flammability off. Otherwise, the Flameblasts will be some real pain. I changed my blood rage for arctic armour too.

One genral problem with elemental damage builds : Bosses usualy have high resistances + curse reduction. So its way slower to kill them.
So both Atziri and Itzaro aren't killed in a blink of an eye.

UPDATE

I am currently looking at the Chieftain-Class
It offers fire-leech and leech from the totems for additional life-sustain.
Besides that more regen then the Juggernaut and Endurance Charges on killing ignited enemies.
15% chance to ignite are going to help sustaining frenzy charges too.
It could be an interesting option. I will test it in a couple of days with a standard-league respecc.
So it will be unlikely to get as much endurance charges as the juggernaut, but instead more frenzy charges.

The downside is the loss of either high armour rating from the body-armour or the godly unstoppable node. Accuracy will be missed too.

I am not sure if it will help with the COMK , but i suppose it has quite some potential in Itzaro fights.
Last edited by Charontid on Sep 3, 2016, 7:52:25 AM
I don't get why it doesnt work. I just get desroyed at lvl 67 with only 3k dps on cyclone.

Char name - DoYouLikeBestiality.
I started mapping in Essence with 3k dps too (mid rolled Oro's). Nothing wrong with it.

A great help is the "writhing jar" flask. Get used to it : )

The major difference compared to the last leagues are the buffed bosses though. They have a lot more life or fire resist, can't tell. But bossfights are sometimes a big struggle being undergeared.

As your profile is set on "private", i can't check your equipment.

"
As your profile is set on "private", i can't check your equipment.

Will try to make it public.

I also use Jar, even have about 5k dps and 4.5k hp, but Rare and Unique mobs make me cry, I just should abuse portals to kill them.
I am level 46 and this build face rolls! I was using another variation of cyclone then seen this and its exactly what I was looking for. The only issue I have is mana/life regening. I used blood magic so I could run my auras, but then I also have to use life leech or and blood magic in my tabby. I do not know what exactly to do about this except at the bottom of the tree the regen section hopefully that helps.
It is amazing seeing everything just explode lol. 2.2K DPS + at level 46 I am not complaining! Thanks
My profile is not on private if you wanna take a gander :)
Last edited by DemonicSlayer69 on Sep 12, 2016, 9:24:03 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info