[2.5.0*] Jagarnath, Destroyer of Maps (Cyclone-CoMK-Discharge) *Budget Build* *DEMO VIDEO*

Hello guys, searched for some cheap version of discharge, always like the skill. Found this guide, "run" through all 7 pages and have some thoughts to make one discharger for fun. Also have some questions, first I want to know is this build still viable, I saw that OP said that build survived last patch but someone tried it in Atlas? Is astral mandatory, cheapest normal on standard is like 6ex? Is single target big issue in T10+ maps?

If some questions are noobish, don't blame me, I play only "stupid" totems :-D
Is there any viable way of starting to use the Discharge build earlier, i.e. without using Oro's Sacrifice? I am currently level 57. As the video says, I am impatient like little school boy.
Last edited by maxwolfie on Oct 7, 2016, 7:51:58 AM
Well, the tree isn't exactly self-cast friendly.

To answer the questions above and add some other points:
- I went for Oro's Discharge at the start of the league.
- The Discharge Setup lost a significantly amount of punch, due to recent ascendancy changes,
it't now more common to have more frenzy then endurance charges. I highly recommend using pyre
or Avatar of Fire because of it.
- It isn't that great vs. Map-Bosses anymore. I usually swap COMK + Discharge for Conc-Effect and
LifeLeech.
- in case you miss good jewels. go for beneficial passives instead. I have just 1 jewel socket
at lvl 91.
- On a 20 chaos budget, i cleared up to T11 without major problems. Keep in mind: it't not a
face-tank build and requires movement skills on some of the bosses. Just learn the patterns.
- its great for fast lab-runs. i usually do full key runs and skip only double elemental buffs on
itzaro. I went for the unstoppable ascendancy points and its way faster then the common EQ farmers.
- it is more like a solo-build instead of a group-carry. keep that in mind!
- ancestral warchief totem is a nice addition during bossfights.
- you are nowadays rarely on full endurance charges. so you loose the beneficial 8% elemental reduction.
i skip elemental reflect maps because of it.
- i use leapslam + fortify instead of another cyclone setup. it helps for trials, labs and has more
manouverability.

T14-T16 maps:
- i don't use Discharge anymore. Instead i am running with conc.effect + lifeleech all the time.
- as a pure elemental damage weapon. there are not that many strong options to scale initial damage
on a 6 link. instead multiple curses are your best friends.
- Change curses according to the situation. Enfeeble is a great help vs. high crit modifiers.
( or brass dome for the rich people )
- flammability + elemental weakness is a good buff of dps too.
- vulnerability maps + fire based bosses are a pain for oro's...

Items for the start:
- Pyre, Doedre's Daming, Oros
- look for armour, life, accuracy and weapon elemental damage.
- resistances from the passive tree are very helpful to avoid expansive items.
- a 5link is enough for the start.

for the fun:
replace cyclone, comk, discharge and go for
flicker , melee splash, conc effect.

as long as the map has no penality on status effects, its fun once in a while.

Yes Charontid, well written!

It's a strong build considering you're melee on a budget.
Even with the endurance charges nerf it can clear maps at a considerable pace.

Single target has never been great pre patch 2.4
I solved that by using totems and later on with a
6L cyclone setup.

Oro's still has amazing 700+ dps stats.
As long as you can scale the damage, you'll be doing just fine.

Do not expect miracles against the new guardian's and shaper. The build
was designed to be able to automaticly cast discharge on a budget.

Cheap versus expensive items like:
the pre-nerf Voll's devotion, Mjolner and the now popular discharge meta Cospri's Malice sword.
@Minstrelshadrak
Raider has become an option now with the new frenzy shenanigans.

Avatar of the Chase's increase to Onslaught effect has been increased to 100%.
Way of the Poacher now has a 20% chance to gain a frenzy charge on kill or on hitting a rare or unique enemy.
Rapid Assault now has a 100% chance to gain Onslaught on kill.
Quartz Infusion now has a 100% chance to gain Phasing on kill.
@Minstrelshadrak
hey . thanks for this amazing build.
which jewels are best to use ?
i am lvl 74 atm with the tricorne helmet , infernal sword , the rings and the unique gloves .

any suggestios for good armor who doesn cost so much ? have 24c left XD
the armor in you builds ist mostly very expensive and good traders arent online with the stats i need

my most problem is that cyclone works but i loose life so fast
cannot use the 30% dmg for mana or my mana drops down as hell

srry for my bad english
i am newbie to this game but play with a friend who helps me a little bit

thank you
oh and i have a very resi problem XD sword is now 4 l . other cost too much
Hi, this build seems like a lot of fun. I made a couple changes to it. I replaced Pyre with Kaom's Sign for the extra endurance charge and I'm using Infernal Blow for single target, Molten Shell for the extra armour and damage, and Abyssal Cry because it explodes corpses and prevents damage reflect, plus I'll be using Iron Reflexes to turn evasion into armour. Warlord's Mark is giving me endurance charges. Too early to post any videos yet since any toon can get through Act4 Normal with a little work. :)

Also, I'm thinking about getting a Cospri's chest for the extra curse and to deal with the "Hexproof" monsters. I don't think this is going to be a bad build for one that's gonna cost me probably 42c altogether, give or take a few.
Last edited by MimSiE on Jan 7, 2017, 9:46:16 AM
can anyone help me pls , what am i doing wrong with this build ? profile is open
i do 14.8 k tooltip dps , others do much more .
what can i do better ?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info