R.I.P. [2.6] Explosive Arrow - Champion Build Guide (DPS - multi class - HC viable)

I'll figure it out. Thanks a lot. U've put an end to my misery to try 9-10 builds just to get disappointment by them by lvl 80 :)
Yeah you are welcome. Finding and choosing a build can be frustrating at times. Especially for a new player that doesn't know how things work.

Here's another suggestion for you and any other new player that will read this. GGG essentially gives us a full free respec for all characters just about every 3 months. So If you have a few high leveled characters you can try or test things in standard first so then you will be prepared once you start the challenge league.

So if you keep this in mind maybe set yourself a goal to level all classes to lvl 85-90. This way you will be able to test more in the future.
Greengroove's Loot Filter Scripts: poeurl.com/OMs
Yap I should actually do that for testing purposes. I'm a season player and I usually just delete the char after the league as I don't play standard. Is it me or the Pathfinder has less hp than the rest.

I enjoy the Need for Speed, and I did uber lab in 6m 31s first time to see myself in the ladder board on page one, but I do take quite substantial dmg and I did rip on a few reflects.

Narrowed it down to Champion/Pathfinder for new league. I might level up a duelist to test it out, till the league finishes.
You can use the extra characters as mules... :D

GZ for the ladder. Yes Pathfinder has slightly less HP. But the flasks should make up for that. How come you died to reflect. You must have stacked too many arrows?

If I was to chose a class for EA (as a first character in the league) I would probably do Elementalist again. Just because it works and is easy to level with. I reached lvl 94 with ease. After that I just stopped leveling and started to do wacky maps.

I have a feeling that Pathfinder might be the hardest to level. I haven't played it personally. You should find someone that has done that. How would you level it? There is very few damage nodes at start of the tree. The Duelist on the other hand might be cool if you do something like EQ and then transition to EA.
Was probably a combination of a hard melee hit, and an off-screen reflect, plus not using a ruby flask. The whole super fast moving, make me literally "crash" into mobs a few yards away, rather than keep my distance.

I'm following your tree on the Pathfinder, and exchanged the unique belt for a rare one with resists, high life and flask recharge rate.

I'm about to see how much the belt dmg matters. I did manage to carry a friend through his Uber lab earlier at 5.5k hp, and you are definitely right, these flasks on steroids make up for a lot of it.

I may level with a bow, using the physical damage essences. I noticed they did drop a lot this league, and combined with split arrow and barrage I had no problem. Last resort a friend carrying me on his BV :).

I think you'll be fine. And yeah definitely use a rare belt.
Cheers, great talks. Hope more people come around here and give this build/tree a try. I'm sure they'd have a blast.
At what point would it be ideal to switch to BM? A certain level or life amount?
Yes. I can't tell you exactly when because I don't know your tree pathing and what are you going to use for leveling. For BM to work you also need life regen.
I think I can answer this question. I followed the tree precisely taking the regen nodes at first and at around 40 I took BM with the fire damage + life regen node.

The stats you are looking for is 1500 hp, around 150 life regen, in order to sustain a 5link EA without too much potion spamming. After that go for EE and EO and at that point u'd be around 45 with at least a 4L and no problem to clear ANYTHING.

I also did not bother Ascending while leveling, but potentially if you do, it will make things even easier.

That's the bare minimum. I leveled with facebreaker shield charge and didn't have problem till 31 when i took most of the gems. It's definitely harder to level than a witch, but manageable. I've leveled a ranger, a witch and duelist. The difference is +-1h 30mins overall to get to Dried Lake Merciless.

The thing is I used plenty of essesnces to craft myself somewhat ideal leveling gear, and they are getting nerfed to 1/6th spawn for next league, so I don't know how many we will get while leveling.
Last edited by xecutable on Nov 27, 2016, 12:54:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info