Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

The unfairness of "All" chaos conversion items getting nerfed

"
UnDeaD_CyBorG wrote:
Well, thing is, it's not really an anti-shield mechanic against mobs, only against players.

It might be if more enemies had sizeable shields. Chaos pretty much lost its initial direction, it was designed as an antishield measure but it was a different game back then, it changed a lot so Chaos evolved into what we have today, just another element.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Yeh, chaos is nothing special, besides no reflect.
Back when chaos resist was nigh impossible to get, enemies barely had any, and there were no resist penalties on Chaos res. Oh, and Viperstrike was not just a different type of single target attack.
Good times.^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
"
Zephryl wrote:

I feel bad for Infernal Mantle, honestly. It's really only getting nerfed because the others are, and because you'd be able to reach 100% without Legacy Consuming Darks, and would've been completely fine to remain unchanged.

I did put an old character up to date, wearing Inernal Mantle .... and this happens ><
It wont kill the build at all, but wtf seriously, nobody is using this item because it actually does have a serious drawback and need to be built around.
This is really unjustified, I'm really still wondering what the hell is the balancing team thinking about this.
Dual wielding consuming dark AND wearing Infernal Mantle would be a huge sacrifice gear and build wise already ....

Without nerfing it, double consuming + mantle would only reach 85% conversion if I'm not mistaken.

SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
If I had an exalt everytime they nerfed one of my builds/items I'd have 100s of exalts. happens...

Chaos conversion is more OP than real chaos spells and their natural state. Seems pretty reasonable nerf to me. Chaos spells should be king of chaos not ice fire or lightning to chaos.

Chaos caster should be immune to reflect not everyone with a ice fire or lightning spell.

Before this nerf you were a fool to play anything but chaos conversion. Now there is diversity.

I was lucky this time and dumped two 6L voltaxics just 2 days before nerf announced and "made" 8ex ea

Some speculators loaded up on dozens instead. Win some lose some.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 28, 2016, 1:17:57 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Zephryl wrote:

I feel bad for Infernal Mantle, honestly. It's really only getting nerfed because the others are, and because you'd be able to reach 100% without Legacy Consuming Darks, and would've been completely fine to remain unchanged.

I did put an old character up to date, wearing Inernal Mantle .... and this happens ><
It wont kill the build at all, but wtf seriously, nobody is using this item because it actually does have a serious drawback and need to be built around.
This is really unjustified, I'm really still wondering what the hell is the balancing team thinking about this.
Dual wielding consuming dark AND wearing Infernal Mantle would be a huge sacrifice gear and build wise already ....

Without nerfing it, double consuming + mantle would only reach 85% conversion if I'm not mistaken.

Then use penetration and real daggers and real chest. Working as intended.
Git R Dun!
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

What ? Oo
I'm not sure if you are getting the point here honestly.

The only reason why they would nerf IM ( that I see at least ) would be to nerf stacking fire to chaos .... but stacking the 3 items would be a big gear sacrifice ... not to say self gimp.

But if you can think of a good reason why they decided to nerf Infernal Mantle, which needs a buff if anything, please go ahead.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 28, 2016, 1:40:29 PM
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

What ? Oo

The only reason why they would nerf IM ( that I see at least ) would be to nerf stacking fire to chaos .... but stacking the 3 items would be a big gear sacrifice ... not to say self gimp.

But if you can think of a good reason why they decided to nerf Infernal Mantle, which needs a buff if anything, please go ahead.

Because infernal mantle is gonna get a prophecy evolution, obviously, so the base item needs to be nerfed to make the final item less BiS
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

What ? Oo

I understoood. Point is even 85% chaos conversion is strong as hell a) because its chaos and monster dont really have resitance b) because double dipping c) almost reflect immune.

If you don't like IM's penalty use real daggers or wands use pen gem and a real chest. It's a trade off.

IM has always needed a buff tho. I use with BM keystone to ignore penalty.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 28, 2016, 2:27:16 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

What ? Oo

I understoood. Point is even 85% chaos conversion is strong as hell a) because its chaos and monster dont really have resitance b) because double dipping c) almost reflect immune.

If you don't like IM's penalty use real daggers or wands use pen gem and a real chest. It's a trade off.

IM has always needed a buff tho. I use with BM keystone to ignore penalty.

Like I want a retarded max fire to chaos build.
75 or 85%, it wont change much to be honest.
I use BM keystone too, Im a hybrid FB BM ES based.
Playing it without BM is basically suicide anyway.

It wont break my build, but it kinda hurts to see this item being nerfed ....

"

Because infernal mantle is gonna get a prophecy evolution, obviously, so the base item needs to be nerfed to make the final item less BiS

Im not sure if you are trolling or not honestly.
Last edited by Fruz on May 28, 2016, 2:46:26 PM
Probably both. :P
To be precise, we don't know yet, but I could totally see Mantle to get one, if it wasn't for the fact it's a supporter unique and said supporter probably hasn't shelled out yet for a better version.^^
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info