So many low driver scams

"

An item's value is up for individual interpretation anyway.

This in spades.
~ Adapt, Improvise and Overcome
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Know your prices don't just look at poe.trade low price because everything I look at these days has someone listing low and not answering hoping you're dumb enough to list at same price as their BS price.

what exactly would be the motivation of someone trying to lower the price of an item they are trying to sell or own?
This is why for big ticket item's it's not always best to search for lowest buyout.
"
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
Know your prices don't just look at poe.trade low price because everything I look at these days has someone listing low and not answering hoping you're dumb enough to list at same price as their BS price.

what exactly would be the motivation of someone trying to lower the price of an item they are trying to sell or own?

They are not trying to sell it. They list item for less than half value and don't reply if you try and buy it. Then they wait for someone price checking hopeing they use their price and poe bot they set up notifies them to buy guys items for cut rate price.

Buy for less than half then sell for retail.

aka low driver

Example say I want to buy these at 20c

I'd list this one at 15c b/o

setup poe.trade bot to notify me when people list at 20c and below (when actual item is worth 50c with 4% block)

I ignore everyone and wait for fools who see my low ball price to list and poe.trade.bot tells me second they do. I buy it.

Then later list them all for 1ex. Profit. This is done with every valuable unique nowadays.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on May 28, 2016, 1:57:40 PM
"
CrazylikE wrote:
I'm going to be real honest here. I never enjoyed trading in this game or any other game for that matter, so if I find an item that I dont need myself and I want the currency instead, I am just going to sell it as fast as possible. The way I do this is look up poe.trade for the item that I have, look at the price and sell mine for the same as the lowest price or even undercut it to sell even faster. This only works for unique items though. For rare items I used to just give them a random price but lately i've just put them in the tab without a price to save time and if someone really wants the item they will offer something for them. I am aware that if someone offers 5c for an item, it might be worth 10c or more, but I wont bother to find out, Ill just sell it and he happy for the 5c, better than nothing.

My point is. I dont want to waste time on trading, even though I know I could get more currency out of it, I just dont enjoy it.

Yes, you only say that because it's on a low value item. What if you find a high value item? You look up poe.trade to match the lowest price for 2ex just to sell it quicker, and then later found out that it actually worths 20ex, would you still feel the same way and get over it? to get over the fact that you could've earned more currency on that trade to gear toward your own character's progression.

Also, you said you put rares in a tab without a price. What if someone lowballs you on a rare like the example you describe above, but at a much higher value? (you sold it for 5c but it actually worths 1-2ex) Judging from your profile, i think you play a lot and got enough experiences in this game that you roughly know what certain items are worth, so you don't just randomly accept any offer where you can't check price on poe.trade.

Most people, like you, don't like trading in this game, but they do want to be informed in the marketplace.
IGN: Kills_La_Killz (Standard)
IGN: UnlimitedBladeWork (Warband)
Last edited by 07Ghost on May 28, 2016, 2:07:50 PM
sometime i cared more about the trading game, the killing game got boring so i started selling and flipping stuff,

now i actually have like 15exalts and like tons of alt arts and stupid stuff i bought cause i had like 60+ exalts

.. the absolute max i EVER had for like 3 years is like 4exalts (+ maybe 2-3 exalts of other orbs) until i did this lame sit and watch poe.trade crap

(i try to 6link alot, and chaos stuff and craft all the time wasting orbs)

its really dumb though, i spent like HOURS just looking at poe.trade
its REALLY STUPID!!!

the drop rates from killing stuff should be better
... ITS LAME!!!!

i spent like days just looking at poe.trade,
got a little addicted to finding super cheap prices to flip loools
Last edited by CaoMengde on May 28, 2016, 4:18:57 PM
"
CaoMengde wrote:
sometime i cared more about the trading game, the killing game got boring so i started selling and flipping stuff,

now i actually have like 15exalts and like tons of alt arts and stupid stuff i bought cause i had like 60+ exalts

.. the absolute max i EVER had for like 3 years is like 4exalts (+ maybe 2-3 exalts of other orbs) until i did this lame sit and watch poe.trade crap

(i try to 6link alot, and chaos stuff and craft all the time wasting orbs)

its really dumb though, i spent like HOURS just looking at poe.trade
its REALLY STUPID!!!

the drop rates from killing stuff should be better
... ITS LAME!!!!

i spent like days just looking at poe.trade,
got a little addicted to finding super cheap prices to flip loools

Read my sig. That's how poe is meant to be played. Welcome to PoE.

You have to realize this game is not diablo, and the most rewarding part of PoE is trading.
Unlike diablo, the hack and slash part of PoE has never meant to be the main source of item acquisition if you are serious about getting endgame items, unless of course you are just a casual player that just want to wear w/e garbage you can find.

Diablo and TL are ARPG specialized in H&S.
PoE is ARPG that specialize in trading simulator.

Sorry but that's just how PoE works.

The people who has access to the most items ingame are for sure traders...
so again

Welcome to PoE.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 28, 2016, 10:44:53 PM
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

poe.trade is actually flooded with that shit, and the solution is quite simple: asynchronous trade. If someone accepts your listed price then boom, trade complete no need to wait for you. Listed item auto moves from sellers premium tab slot into a remove only tab for you, and your currency auto moves from currency tab into a remove only tab for the seller (no stacking/overflow issues that way).

Without something like that the fake prices will continue to get worse. poe.trade can't even use a reputation system because it would be gamed via free acounts.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
"
Vhlad wrote:
"
Aim_Deep wrote:

poe.trade is actually flooded with that shit, and the solution is quite simple: asynchronous trade. If someone accepts your listed price then boom, trade complete no need to wait for you. Listed item auto moves from sellers premium tab slot into a remove only tab for you, and your currency auto moves from currency tab into a remove only tab for the seller (no stacking/overflow issues that way).

Without something like that the fake prices will continue to get worse. poe.trade can't even use a reputation system because it would be gamed via free acounts.

how are we poe pro elites going to exploit on newbie traders then?

new players should always be punished and exploited upon for not being careful, this is the poe way.

Nothing personal just trying to make poe great again.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
Last edited by Pewzor on May 29, 2016, 3:08:21 AM
The salt in here is real. It's like you all just talk to eachother and agree how bad drops are. You can play and get rich just fine with playing the game and selling your drops. I stopped playing the market a few leagues ago, and while trading is ofcourse gonna make you alot more currency i still make easy money by just selling what i find, alching jewelry, just playing the game.

Get some experience i guess on how to play and do well with currency, because it's not nearly as bad as you guys make it seem like.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info