Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

"
DenSan1587 wrote:
GGG should really do something about blade vortex's damage before slapping it on a mob. And GGG got a little too exited with adding Earth Quake to mobs I think. There like 4 EQ users in 1 patch, thats a little... Its not like ppl who use EQ just like seeing it here and there. Love everything else though. And the shield charge!!! at last T_T

"Path of Armour" has arrieved boys :^). So much new physical skills on monsters which have a chance of not beeing properly balanced in 2.3...
Thanks for the huge buff to my Mjolner Elementalist :D

+1 golem(for lightning and flame), 50% reduced elemental reflect damage, and 25% increased AoE every 10 seconds. Awesome stuff.

Also, everyone is complaining about the nerfs and ignoring the crazy buffs that some of the classes are getting, I am impressed with the class buffs. Good job GGG!

https://github.com/EmmittJ/PoESkillTree/releases/tag/2.2.9 So everyone can see.
Last edited by BurninBodies on May 26, 2016, 6:43:58 AM
"
Qarl wrote:

Enfeeble now causes monsters to only lose 21% Critical Multiplier at Level 1 (from 40%), This goes up by 1% every 2 levels of the gem, having -30% at Level 20. A monster's base Critical Multiplier is +30%, so at level 20 this bonus is nullified. This makes it less effective when the monster has additional Critical Multiplier, through map mods or an affix.

Do i understand this correctly - Enfeeble negates basic monster crit multi so if i combine lvl 20 Enfeeble with Indomitable NOde from marauder side of the tree i receive 20% less dmg from Crits then from Regular hits ?
Or does indomitable only reduce the ADditional damage from crit multi by 20% meaning it does nothing when you use lvl 20 enfeeble ?
What is basic monster crit chance ? i wonder how many reckless defence jewels you would need to make it 100%

Last edited by Grzybas2 on May 26, 2016, 7:04:41 AM
Shield Charge is now an Area of Effect skill. It deals damage to enemies you collide with as you charge, then deals a larger aoe at the end of the charge. It no longer always stuns. It gains more damage and stun threshold reduction the further you travel, up to a certain distance.

I want to try that with Facebreaker, seems ok?
"
Grzybas2 wrote:
"
Qarl wrote:

Enfeeble now causes monsters to only lose 21% Critical Multiplier at Level 1 (from 40%), This goes up by 1% every 2 levels of the gem, having -30% at Level 20. A monster's base Critical Multiplier is +30%, so at level 20 this bonus is nullified. This makes it less effective when the monster has additional Critical Multiplier, through map mods or an affix.

Do i understand this correctly - Enfeeble negates basic monster crit multi so if i combine lvl 20 Enfeeble with Indomitable NOde from marauder side of the tree i receive 20% less dmg from Crits then from Regular hits ?
Or does indomitable only reduce the ADditional damage from crit multi by 20% meaning it does nothing when you use lvl 20 enfeeble ?
What is basic monster crit chance ? i wonder how many reckless defence jewels you would need to make it 100%

Enfeeble negates basic monsters crit mulit completly - yes this is corretct
Indomitable reduces only the extra damage portion from critical strikes by 20%.

If a normal monster deals 100 damage, a crit would deal 130 damage because of 30% multi. A level 20 Enfeeble reduces the hit to 100 again because it negates the multi completly. Indomitable reduces 20% of the 30 additional damage taken so you only take 124 indead of 130 without enfeeble.

Conclusion:
Enfeeble is overall better if monsters don't have high crit multi.
Indomitable is better if monsters have insane crit multiplier (like "deadly-prefix" + crit multi on map mod)
Last edited by Wiesl_1404 on May 26, 2016, 7:15:43 AM
"
As such the items affected will not have legacy versions with old values. We have made sure these items display the correct new effective value however. The values of chaos conversion on Voltaxic Rift, Infernal Mantle and Consuming Dark uniques have been reduced to be 60% of their prior value.

I'd still like to specify whether the legacy consuming dark are gonna get double nerfed (-25%conversion and -40% of 50%conversion) or just 40% nerfed.
"
Posted by Chris
on January 13, 2016 12:11 AM
Grinding Gear Games

Will you give radius back to elemental proliferation?

This is unlikely.

"
Qarl wrote:

Passive Tree and Ascendancy Changes

The changes to Ascendancy Trees have been much more extensive.

As well as looking at general inter-Ascendancy class balance, there is a strong focus on "the nodes less taken" within each Ascendancy tree. It is also worth noting that some of the weaker classes can have some strong synergies unlock when eight points are available.

Rather than listing every change here, we have made an updated set of skill tree data available to the community for use in passive skill/build planning tools.

"
4th lab is something that we don't need.

Also, 8 ascendancy points tells me u gonna nerf a lot the current ascendancy points forcing people to run the end-game lab to get ur 8 points and full potential of a build and back to what we had here with 6 points. It says to me classes will still the same than before but with 8 points instead of 6. With the bad part of being bound to run a 4th lab and more labs trials ( OMFG NO PLZ ) while doing maps after merciles campaign.

Not cool.
Last edited by Euzybiusz on May 26, 2016, 7:32:14 AM
"
Niukator wrote:
Hi guys

For Chaos Sparkers with Ascendant Scion

Before 2.3

Voltaxic: 100% coversion to chaos
Deadeye: 50% chance to pierce and 20% increased projectile speed
Berserker: 1.5% damage leeched as life

With 2.3

Voltaxic: 60% conversion to chaos (no legacy versions)
Deadeye: 30% chance to pierce (inc projectile speed removed)
Berserker: 1% damage leeched as life if you've killed recently (past 4 sec)

It seems difficult to continue running in endgame. It needs to be tested.

It will work just fine. It will still be op. Reflect won't even be an issue and things will die offscreen just as fast. Maybe now we will need to press a life flask at bosses but with 6.8k life everything will be a breeze.

Regards
Last edited by PsOfOs on May 26, 2016, 7:24:55 AM
"
"Path of Armour"

:D tru
Say what again. SAY WHAT AGAIN! I DARE YOU! I DOUBLE DARE YOU, MOTHE**UCKER! Say what one more god damn time!
Looks like some well thought out changes.
Nicely done.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info