Development Manifesto: 2.3.0 Balance

"
ventiman wrote:

*sigh* there was a pre poison/void voltaxic build out there on reddit everyone laughed at the dps voltaxic was considered trash for so many seasons ofc voltaxic isnt the problem its the double/tripple dipping but whatever buy more packs shows that you dont know much about the game

Ouh frustration and ad-hominem, good job, I like that.
By the way, Voltaxic is a ... bow ( everybody surprised face ), it had been designed for ... ( wait for it, Imma surprise you again ) .... archers !
And was already (at least) damn strong for archers before the chaos changes.
But as said before, the several reflect nerfs made it less popular I guess.

"
suck_me_off wrote:
Any problem ? main account got banned ?
If you are not playing the game, you have nothing to say here.

"
AKAShadows wrote:
This is just pathetic. Instead of supporting the game with proper feedback you just bitch and quit. If you want something put sugar on the request or at least a viable argument to support your claims. Did I bitch when they nerfed aegis aurora? No I did not, instead I supported the much needed change and got over it. Seriously grow up babies because this is life, and life, it's just not "fair". Welcome to the real world. My message to GGG: Holy shit this looks amazing, great job! Keep up the good work! Thank you for providing us with a, fun, free to play game!

^
Thought that was worth quoting.
The most ridiculous thing is like, when a build ( or type of build ) is really over the top and trivialiwes aspect of a game not meant to be trivial, people not expecting a nerf and investing a lot ( which means they supposedly have a good-enough knowledge of the game ) would be kinda stupid not to expect some kind of nerf.
And even *better*, when their build get at a standard power level instead of being OP, they just rage ...

If you can't play anything else than the last OP shit that somebody else found out, sucks to be you :3.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on May 30, 2016, 3:06:31 AM
[Removed by Support]

Thanks for clearing that up
my evasion is so high i only insta rip sometimes
-----
Bug Fixes:
People were using cyclone for actual melee builds, so we nerfed it and made blade vortex. Also, we went ahead and made cyclone great for CoC casters while we were at it.
Last edited by Alexcc_GGG on May 30, 2016, 10:50:34 AM
I have a big question because of the deadly infusion of the assassin class.

I'm sure, that it was:
0,5% BASE critical strike chance per power charge

BUT NOW

0,5% critical strike chance per power charge

I'm sure, hat there was the word "base" in the description. But now, where is it?
In the file of the manifesto it is also not named "base". Not played assassin but i thought in a preview there was "base" after 0,5%.

If yes, it would destroy tons of builds - i mean deadly infusion is the reason for the assassin!!!

Can anyone of GGG say something about this?

Sorry for bad english - i am from germany. :)
Last edited by A7X89 on May 30, 2016, 2:34:07 PM
"
A7X89 wrote:

I'm sure, that it was:

BUT NOW

I'm sure, hat there was the word "base" in the description. But now, where is it?
In the file of the manifesto it is also not named "base". Not played assassin but i thought in a preview there was "base" after 0,5%.

If yes, it would destroy tons of builds - i mean deadly infusion is the reason for the assassin!!!

The description is the same as the one for Increased Critical Strikes gem. I think, it still does the same, just wordings were brought in-line with each other. So i wouldnt worry about it.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
"
MortalKombat3 wrote:
"
A7X89 wrote:

I'm sure, that it was:

BUT NOW

The description is the same as the one for Increased Critical Strikes gem. I think, it still does the same, just wordings were brought in-line with each other. So i wouldnt worry about it.

It's HUGE difference. You apparently don't understand what BASE means.
"
A7X89 wrote:

I'm sure, that it was:

BUT NOW

Deadly infusion has the exact same wording as ICS gem, it was changed awhile ago to have the same wording as other base crit modifiers
Do not, my friends, become addicted to maps. It will take hold of you, and you will resent its absence!
Here's what pisses me off:

VMS: Duration cut in half, damage cut in half. Basically, it got the incinerate treatment.

Spark: only up to a maximum of 150 units, then fizzles out. Vaal Glacial Hammer + carpet of sparks (Sparket?) = RIP, fun idea. Increased duration? GFG. Also moves 20% slower.

Scion? Deadeye 50% -> 30%. Berserker 1.5% unconditional -> 1% on recent kill.

In other words, the skills and the ascendancy for optimizing their use got blown the fuck up.

But even with that, they still had to destroy Voltaxic Rift, instead of bumping its rarity back up to its original ilvl 78, and bopping void manipulation on the head a little bit.

Furthermore, here's the thing...

Everyone whining about "but but muh poison double-dipping!", I got news for you:

Pathfinders are still going to be the go-to marquee class if you want to guzzle a zillion exalts and go god-mode in this game and steamroll a bunch of bosses that make no sense to run aside from showing off. Want to make twinned core your bitch? Roll a pathfinder and slam so much poison into those malachais that they go so green they look like a pair of trees in a giant overgrown vagina on a terrible period.

Oh, and then there are assassins with that new cosplay's will armor and Toxic Delivery. It's literally a case of:

"Yo dawg, I heard you liked poison, so we added poison to your poison, so you can double dip while you double dip!"

Of course, GL HF coloring that thing for blade vortex. Odds are, assassins will have to settle for simply scaling the poison damage itself with void manipulation, because while 2G3B1R is in the realm of achievable, 5 off-color = GTFO. So it'd be Blade Vortex - Duration - Echo - AoE/Conc/Phys to lightning (reflect) - Increased crits - void manip

Blasphemy assassin's mark, vuln on hit corrupted maligaro's/facebreakers.

Only reason I don't like assassin is that he can't maintain unique flasks, so longer fights = wuh oh.

But to the chaos whiners, well, poison and chaos are here to stay. My only issue is that there are so few things you can do against elemental reflect, which is all sorts of BS. Physical builds have armor, they have basalt and granite flasks, they have phys to lightning, they have hrimsorrows...WTF does elemental damage have?

And as for "Voltaxic was OP OP waaaah", I really disagree. Your voltaxic toon might have 6k HP and no block if she's lucky. A couple of good slaps from core malachai, twinned daresso, or anything else that can survive a few hits, and you're clicking respawn and/or ripping to standard. All those "but but voltaxic characters got level 100!", my answer is "so what? What's that level 100 good for? Clearing yellow maps? Whoopty freaking doo."

I'd much rather have my 9.5k+ ES with permanent max block and spell block, chaos immunity, and permanent any flask besides vinktar (which will be up the vast majority of the time anyway).

Go ahead and try to get that 40k effective HP (outside of degens) on your voltaxic toon.

Just try.

One last thing...gotta love how when GGG wants to nerf something, they come in with a sledgehammer. No time to adjust it little by little. It's not about "balance" for them so much as it is "okay, STOP playing your current build and find another one."

A far cry from the game that was started with the philosophy of "we want people to work on their characters for years."
Last edited by IlyaK1986 on May 31, 2016, 12:00:45 AM
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

One last thing...gotta love how when GGG wants to nerf something, they come in with a sledgehammer. No time to adjust it little by little. It's not about "balance" for them so much as it is "okay, STOP playing your current build and find another one."

A far cry from the game that was started with the philosophy of "we want people to work on their characters for years."

Well said.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

If only... i am fairly new but it annoys me that I hit level 80 quite quickly.
"
Fruz wrote:
"
ventiman wrote:

*sigh* there was a pre poison/void voltaxic build out there on reddit everyone laughed at the dps voltaxic was considered trash for so many seasons ofc voltaxic isnt the problem its the double/tripple dipping but whatever buy more packs shows that you dont know much about the game

Ouh frustration and ad-hominem, good job, I like that.
By the way, Voltaxic is a ... bow ( everybody surprised face ), it had been designed for ... ( wait for it, Imma surprise you again ) .... archers !
And was already (at least) damn strong for archers before the chaos changes.
But as said before, the several reflect nerfs made it less popular I guess.

"
suck_me_off wrote:
Any problem ? main account got banned ?
If you are not playing the game, you have nothing to say here.

"
AKAShadows wrote:
This is just pathetic. Instead of supporting the game with proper feedback you just bitch and quit. If you want something put sugar on the request or at least a viable argument to support your claims. Did I bitch when they nerfed aegis aurora? No I did not, instead I supported the much needed change and got over it. Seriously grow up babies because this is life, and life, it's just not "fair". Welcome to the real world. My message to GGG: Holy shit this looks amazing, great job! Keep up the good work! Thank you for providing us with a, fun, free to play game!

^
Thought that was worth quoting.
The most ridiculous thing is like, when a build ( or type of build ) is really over the top and trivialiwes aspect of a game not meant to be trivial, people not expecting a nerf and investing a lot ( which means they supposedly have a good-enough knowledge of the game ) would be kinda stupid not to expect some kind of nerf.
And even *better*, when their build get at a standard power level instead of being OP, they just rage ...

If you can't play anything else than the last OP shit that somebody else found out, sucks to be you :3.

Nope, not banned but at this point I wouldn't care much even if it were. Would be just a good excuse to charge back the $20 I spent/wasted. Thankfully there's plenty of other poe clones that are offline (eg Grim Dawn) so if I don't like the latest patch I don't have to update it to keep playing. And of course there's something to say with anyone bitching and rage quitting; it makes it easier for GGG to count how many players they piss off, whether they actually learn from it or not is another matter. As far as life not being fair: That's exactly why I don't play life (I stay in my apartment and live on welfare as I have done for the last 10 years, one of the perks of being American).
Last edited by suck_me_off on May 31, 2016, 5:39:48 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info