Where the shite is everyone and what have you done to moonyu

While I liked a couple old timers from these forums, most of them were just elitists who enjoyed harassing others that weren't up to their standards. I'm not sure why you people think this place was so golden before, quite the nightmare actually.
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"
While I liked a couple old timers from these forums, most of them were just elitists who enjoyed harassing others that weren't up to their standards. I'm not sure why you people think this place was so golden before, quite the nightmare actually.

What makes you think the newtimers are better? :) Perhaps you're and oldtimer too now so you don't notice the harassment that much :P
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 30, 2016, 3:14:49 AM
"
Bars wrote:

What makes you think the newtimers are better?

When did I say that?
Designer of Unending Hunger and The Craving divination card.
"

We must be talking about different POE OT forums...the game rarely got mentioned and I can't remember any elitism that wasn't cloaked in jest.
"Withdrawing in disgust is not the same as apathy"

"
Hardlicker wrote:
"

We must be talking about different POE OT forums...the game rarely got mentioned and I can't remember any elitism that wasn't cloaked in jest.

The game wasn't so widely figured out yet. Builds which would raise eyebrows now were considered great. Most 'builds' were actually people bruteforcing the game with incredibly good gear. When Havoc hit 100 (in softcore!) people couldn't believe how he did it. Granted, it was much more time consuming at that time.

Nowadays there is a wealth of information and resources about the game and everyone can see top-tier builds in action with just a few searches. This does breed more elitism than before, although it's slightly changed now. Before people were much more boastful about gear, now the focus has shifted to ingame achievements: clearing difficult content, doing stuff in a short time, build optimization and so on. Which has its good and bad sides.

The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 30, 2016, 4:42:07 AM
Spoiler
This is a hostile derail
Spoiler
chicken nuggets or cake?

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
"

Closed beta nostalgia.
Be ready. You're not paranoid, you're PREPARED.

I quit this game every few months and so should you to continue playing it in the future.

The device is believed to have been dropped
"
Boem wrote:
Spoiler
This is a hostile derail
Spoiler
chicken nuggets or cake?

Peace,

-Boem-

Spoiler
Chicken cake.

Spoiler
You won't get no glory on that side of the hole.

^nostalgia
POE is life. POE is ♥.
"
Hardlicker wrote:
"

Hey look whos back! :) Heard Lil Yachty yet HL?
Don't forget to drink your milk 👌

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info