When Chris says that lab haters are a minority, how right is he?

hmm just lost another one to a combination of poison and pillar i can honestly say i lose 300% more chars now since the indroduction of acendancy with server issues stutter ect today was the last straw

i hope all the shitstorm and loss in revenue is worth it chris

LETS SAY IT CLEAR YOU FUCKED UP hope you pay hard for it vocal minority my ass

on break till ggg gets his shit fixed

game is no fun for me anymore ( % traps in hc so fucking retarded)

time to move on
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on Jul 10, 2016, 11:12:50 AM
"
Tiandal wrote:

And dont forget that enchantment mechanic is too random for being a reward.

Just to add 20c, GGG will add tons of new skills and all of them will get AT LEAST 3 different enchantment so to farm one or two enchantment you need prepare 2-5k offerings. [Removed by Support]
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Last edited by Gary_GGG on Jul 10, 2016, 11:23:32 AM
"
databeaver wrote:
How would you keep people playing the game for thousands of hours for the game itself and not the rewards it offers?

You asked so prepare to be amazed?! If you actually read all of this then kudos to you. Should I make these a new post?

Everything in the game should complement sucking players into the game and keeping them. If their are no loot/rewards then ofcoarse nobody is going to play. You cant design the game so that ppl play the game just for the game itself and not loot but u can design it at least so they dont quit over the game itself. The number 1 thing that has gotten POE into trouble is they are turning off players. The lab is terribad. EX nerf is terribad. 1 shotting everything as a player or being 1 shotted terribad. Standard has become forgotten. ect ect and so on and so on. You just need a winning formula to get players and then have those players make alts. POE has gotten away from its winning formula. To get to the next level it has to get back to the formula and then never look back. If it gets to the next level it starts competing with D3 and it could even become as legendary as the Diablo series. Here are 10 problems they should immediately look at to get on track.

1) Admit lab as currently made was a mistake. AT the very least remove ascendancy from it. AT most remove it completely from game. Tier 11-15 maps then would have a chance for en enchant shrine and boss to spawn in it. Ascend points u get 1 per 10 levels starting at 20 so u are finished at 90.

2) Revert XP nerf to maps. As mentioned in other thread the fatigue system is used. This greatly helps casuals gain xp and somewhat limits the most hardcore players to gain lv 100 but nothing like it is now.

3)Condense 3 difficulties into 1 run through game. Repeating the same content 3 times to get to mapping and whatnots wasnt fun for me and I imagine its the same for others. 1 time though is enough. Condense norms, cruel, merciless into one run though game. There has to be a way to make it work.

4)1 shotting is a problem. Either by the players to monsters or bosses on players. This is one of the hardest to fix. I have no idea how u address this amount of power creep. Ascendency and general player progress has made some ultra strong players that 1 shot entire screens. Giving some bosses the power to 1 shot the player isnt the answer howeever.

5) Standard is neglected. The goal of every temporary league should be to be added to standard in some way. More content to be played is always good. We have had several leagues now that have never been added to standard. Standard has gotten somewhat stale. You always got to be injecting life into this mode.

6)Unused gems need updates. Gems are one of the biggest cores of the game. The more gems you have that are totally outdated and sucky and the more builds that arnt being made. Fix this. Update gems that are not being used.

7)Performance is still a big issue. This is a huge one. This is definitely leading to players leaving. You just cant have massive lag spikes in game. New ppl see this and it could be leavesville for them. Players dont put up with this. Its terrisuperbad. I am not convinced your PC is at the heart of all these problems. POE has some sort of coding issue here. This is esp magnified when in lab/hardcore and you have to be in a certain spot to survive and u click there but ur character goes somewhere else and dies. If u want to see this issue at its worst get a femur of saints and cast vaal haste and vaal summon skeletons with regular haste aura up and cast flesh offering. You go back in time its so bad. Completely unacceptable.

8) Uniques could use some work. This goes without saying I am sure. Games like this will always have balance issues in uniques but that doesnt mean you cant start to tackle some of them. Most uniques in POE are trash and could use an update but some are completely over the top and invalidate entire crafting options and rare pick ups. I am looking at you Reach of the Council. The more valid unqiues you have at each gear spot the more builds that get made.

9)Trading super slow. This entire game is about trading. The premium tabs helped a bit but players are just afk most the time or too busy to care for that item you want for 1chaos or whatever. Its foolish to go self found as RNG is just to varied. You might not ever get what u want or need. You pretty much have to trade so embrace it. You can either go full tilt Auction House or go incremental and give us 10 Buys Orders and 10 Sell Orders at a time per account.

10)Ramp up mapping. No repeat tilesets on maps. ALL Maps each have a player friendly layout and theme. Everyone likes plateau and gorge because of layout. That is fine then. Run with it. Make all maps this way. I can think of tons of layouts that ppl would love. You could have a spiral inward leading in to a boss room. A spiral out going to boss room. A serious of portals on islands. An oldschool 1 room with 1 exit to another room and so on and so forth. Maybe some maps have more weak monsters, some have higher chance for strongboxes, some have more rare monsters, ect. Higher level maps should always be desired and would be balanced xp wise this way with perhaps even a slightly higher chance for uniques or something. Always have eye on encouraging players to progress. Perhaps tier 16-20 is needed as well for the most well geared players. Whatever draws u in there would be a map for it.

This is just 10 things they could fix. I bet others could add another 30 because we are passionate. We want POE to succeed and be great and GGG to make alot of money. We want POE to be great again.

Yes this is all very demanding and time consuming. We may never get them in POE. But at least for POE 2 they could make it happen or at least avoid some of these mistakes. Maybe somebody looks at it and gets inspired. I am trying to help POE cause I love it too....well at least I used to love it. Cheers - PBF
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
Last edited by Prebornfetus on Jul 10, 2016, 10:31:34 PM
11) reign in AOE + ranged damage potential and the upper-lower ranges of affixes. Raw number ranges must be tightened up to make the discrepancy between top to vanilla defense/offense potentials A LOT less erratic. (Through this, design 'difficulty' can be more centered around skill and tactics, rather than the easy way out method of gear and strategy.)
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
You asked so prepare to be amazed?! If you actually read all of this then kudos to you. Should I make these a new post?

Your suggested fixes are (mostly) good, though I must admit after all that "next level" and "play the game for the game" talk I was expecting something more groundbreaking.

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
1) Admit lab as currency made was a mistake. AT the very least remove ascendancy from it. AT most remove it completely from game. Tier 11-15 maps then would have a chance for en enchant shrine and boss to spawn in it. Ascend points u get 1 per 10 levels starting at 20 so u are finished at 90.

Can you elaborate on the labyrinth hate? Is it the technical problems (lag, disconnections, low fps) or do you just dislike anything that isn't straightforward monster bashing? Assuming you had zero latency, constant 60 fps and no disconnections ever, would you still hate the labyrinth?

I'm indifferent about where I get my ascendancy points, but I don't think the labyrinth should be removed entirely. A few of the more difficult trap arrangements could perhaps stand to be toned down.

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
2) Revert XP nerf to maps. As mentioned in other thread the fatigue system is used. This greatly helps casuals gain xp and somewhat limits the most hardcore players to gain lv 100 but nothing like it is now.

I've heard that even though the XP penalty now starts earlier it doesn't get so severe. In other words the progress towards 100 should be more steady. I haven't verified this myself.

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
3)Condense 3 difficulties into 1 run through game. Repeating the same content 3 times to get to mapping and whatnots wasnt fun for me and I imagine its the same for others. 1 time though is enough. Condense norms, cruel, merciless into one run though game. There has to be a way to make it work.

I've heard some talk about this from GGG, but there are some design problems. Namely, quest rewards and in particular the bandit quest. If you only do the quest once how can you choose three different rewards? We'll likely see this, but it won't be for a while.

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
5) Standard is neglected. The goal of every temporary league should be to be added to standard in some way. More content to be played is always good. We have had several leagues now that have never been added to standard. Standard has gotten somewat stale. You always got to be injecting life into this mode.

Sometimes the league content just doesn't turn out to be suitable for standard. Prophecy apparently has a good chance of getting added in some form.

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
7)Performance is still a big issue. This is a huge one. This is definitely leading to players leaving. You just cant have massive lag spikes in game. New ppl see this and it could be leavesville for them. Players dont put up with this. Its terrisuperbad. I am not convinced your PC is at the heart of all these problems. POE has some sort of coding issue here. This is esp magnified when in lab/hardcore and you have to be in a certain spot to survive and u click there but ur character goes somewhere else and dies. If u want to see this issue at its worst get a femur of saints and cast vaal haste and vaal summon skeletons with regular haste aura up and cast flesh offering. You go back in time its so bad. Completely unacceptable.

I have femurs on a summoner. The lag is ridiculous and gets worse the more minions I have out before casting vaal summon skeletons. With 50 pre-existing minions the game very nearly stops for 3-5 seconds and then does a huge burst once all skeletons are summoned. Other than that I have practically no lag though. 99% of the time any unusual lag is traceable to something on my end, whether it is Steam deciding to download an update or someone downloading a crawler indexing the content of my web server.

Lag issues are hard to fix because the developers usually have good Internet connections and can't replicate the issue themselves. They must rely on the users to provide diagnostic information. And often enough the users are uncooperative, refusing to lift a finger and saying how it's the developers' job to fix issues.

"
Prebornfetus wrote:
10)Ramp up mapping. No repeat tilesets on maps. ALL Maps each have a player friendly layout and theme. Everyone likes plateau and gorge because of layout. That is fine then. Run with it. Make all maps this way. I can think of tons of layouts that ppl would love. You could have a spiral inward leading in to a boss room. A spiral out going to boss room. A serious of portals on islands. An oldschool 1 room with 1 exit to another room and so on and so forth. Maybe some maps have more weak monsters, some have higher chance for strongboxes, some have more rare monsters, ect. Higher level maps should always be desired and would be balanced xp wise this way with perhaps even a slightly higher chance for uniques or something. Always have eye on encouraging players to progress. Perhaps tier 16-20 is needed as well for the most well geared players. Whatever draws u in there would be a map for it.

Keeping repeated tilesets out entirely is a tall order, given how there are 70+ different maps and only a dozen or so tilesets. Someone's gotta make them, and that's gonna cost money. Personally I'd rather see that money spent on gameplay improvements.
"
databeaver wrote:
Your suggested fixes are (mostly) good, though I must admit after all that "next level" and "play the game for the game" talk I was expecting something more groundbreaking.

IF I was that good at designing games to next level I would be making games for a living. But I dint post this on reddit so they wont see it.

Leagues should always have the goal of being added to standard or its a waste of time really.

The lab sucks because of traps 50% and 1 shot boss tactics 15% and disconnects 10% and hardcore type gameplay I dont like in softcore 20% and enchants so random 5%

It is the devolopers job to streamline their code so it doesnt bog down and lag. Maybe a slider for graphic effects. This is the only game I own that has moments of massive lag. Something has to be done.

Thx for reading kudos to u beaver
Support the cause. Free the ascendancy points from LAB.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1609216/page/1

Other top 3 issues. Make standard great again. Fix XP (add fatigue system). Fix lag.
MR GGG tear down this ascendancy wall.
perhaps a lil bit easier?

im not a patient player sorry.. i just like to rush tru those traps
NEW FROM SEA GARENA
"
databeaver wrote:
"
Prebornfetus wrote:

I've heard some talk about this from GGG, but there are some design problems. Namely, quest rewards and in particular the bandit quest. If you only do the quest once how can you choose three different rewards? We'll likely see this, but it won't be for a while.

It was mentioned in podcast, they said that removing one difficulty right now would be tricky for a bunch of reasons, but 'one big playthrough' will happen as soon as they get enough acts out and work out a few kinks.

I wouldn't expect it for a few years yet. If I had to make a guess of their schedule I suppose we will get two more act shrinks that will keep the game manageable once acts 5 and 6 come out but 7 acts will probably have to be one playthrough because there will be no room to slim the acts down further. Well, it's longterm planning and who knows what state the game will be in by then.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Jul 11, 2016, 4:01:18 AM
"
Prebornfetus wrote:
"
databeaver wrote:
How would you keep people playing the game for thousands of hours for the game itself and not the rewards it offers?

Everything in the game should complement sucking players into the game and keeping them. If their are no loot/rewards then ofcoarse nobody is going to play. You cant design the game so that ppl play the game just for the game itself and not loot but u can design it at least so they dont quit over the game itself. The number 1 thing that has gotten POE into trouble is they are turning off players. The lab is terribad. EX nerf is terribad. 1 shotting everything as a player or being 1 shotted terribad. Standard has become forgotten. ect ect and so on and so on. You just need a winning formula to get players and then have those players make alts. POE has gotten away from its winning formula. To get to the next level it has to get back to the formula and then never look back. If it gets to the next level it starts competing with D3 and it could even become as legendary as the Diablo series. Here are 10 problems they should immediately look at to get on track.

1) Admit lab as currently made was a mistake. AT the very least remove ascendancy from it. AT most remove it completely from game. Tier 11-15 maps then would have a chance for en enchant shrine and boss to spawn in it. Ascend points u get 1 per 10 levels starting at 20 so u are finished at 90.

4)1 shotting is a problem. Either by the players to monsters or bosses on players. This is one of the hardest to fix. I have no idea how u address this amount of power creep. Ascendency and general player progress has made some ultra strong players that 1 shot entire screens. Giving some bosses the power to 1 shot the player isnt the answer howeever.

5) Standard is neglected. The goal of every temporary league should be to be added to standard in some way. More content to be played is always good. We have had several leagues now that have never been added to standard. Standard has gotten somewhat stale. You always got to be injecting life into this mode.

6)Unused gems need updates. Gems are one of the biggest cores of the game. The more gems you have that are totally outdated and sucky and the more builds that arnt being made. Fix this. Update gems that are not being used.

8) Uniques could use some work. This goes without saying I am sure. Games like this will always have balance issues in uniques but that doesnt mean you cant start to tackle some of them. Most uniques in POE are trash and could use an update but some are completely over the top and invalidate entire crafting options and rare pick ups. I am looking at you Reach of the Council. The more valid unqiues you have at each gear spot the more builds that get made.

9)Trading super slow. This entire game is about trading. The premium tabs helped a bit but players are just afk most the time or too busy to care for that item you want for 1chaos or whatever. Its foolish to go self found as RNG is just to varied. You might not ever get what u want or need. You pretty much have to trade so embrace it. You can either go full tilt Auction House or go incremental and give us 10 Buys Orders and 10 Sell Orders at a time per account.

This is just 10 things they could fix. I bet others could add another 30 because we are passionate. We want POE to succeed and be great and GGG to make alot of money. We want POE to be great again.

Yes this is all very demanding and time consuming. We may never get them in POE. But at least for POE 2 they could make it happen or at least avoid some of these mistakes. Maybe somebody looks at it and gets inspired. I am trying to help POE cause I love it too....well at least I used to love it. Cheers - PBF

Well said. Personally though I disagree with point 4 because I love arpgs like diablo and torchlight or grim dawn that let you do broken as fuck stuff with the right combos of gear skills and passives. Everything else though I have been saying for years and completely agree.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Jul 14, 2016, 6:55:57 AM
Wrong. That is how right he is.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info