Looking to make a Pathfinder Alchemist themed build(theory crafting)

"
skuadak wrote:
Oh. I can help you even less than I thought at first. Good luck, tho!
I'm off to which subforum, they may need my help (also, I have many various wands for free, if you are interested)

Haha , thank you for your help though and good luck too.
First, you should definitely try to go crit, Master Surgeon is one of the main reasons to go Pathfinder.

Flask recommendations:

Onslaught flask
Diamond flask
Rumi's

I think Dreamfeather+Queen of the Forest is a good way to go, it's cheap and it would benefit a lot from megaflasks. A Jade flask with an Alchemist's Stibnite Flask of Reflexes would probably give you at least 15k evasion, which would bump up the damage quite a bit! Dreamfeather works best with elemental damage though.

For a phys build, I'd recommend crit daggers. If you're interested in using Discharge, you could go Pathfinder Cast-on-Crit, I haven't seen anyone else doing that, most people use Trickster (Shadow).

Alternately, check out this build for a Soulthirst build, it's very different from what you probably had in mind but it is very flask-based: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1577907
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
First, you should definitely try to go crit, Master Surgeon is one of the main reasons to go Pathfinder.

Flask recommendations:

Onslaught flask
Diamond flask
Rumi's

I think Dreamfeather+Queen of the Forest is a good way to go, it's cheap and it would benefit a lot from megaflasks. A Jade flask with an Alchemist's Stibnite Flask of Reflexes would probably give you at least 15k evasion, which would bump up the damage quite a bit! Dreamfeather works best with elemental damage though.

For a phys build, I'd recommend crit daggers. If you're interested in using Discharge, you could go Pathfinder Cast-on-Crit, I haven't seen anyone else doing that, most people use Trickster (Shadow).

Alternately, check out this build for a Soulthirst build, it's very different from what you probably had in mind but it is very flask-based: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1577907

That boost sounds nasty fun, i like it. Seems like the best idea for a combo, i just happen to have a Queen of the Forest i can work on for at least a 5 link. Should be reasonable. And ill check the prices on Dreamfeathers. Same with the flasks.

And ill take a look at that build and check out it's interactions.

Thanks for the recommendations on that and hmmm Pathfinder CoC huh? Might be really interesting to try.

Any ideas on skill combinations?
Master surgeon + your pick of two-pointers.

The thing about master surgeon is that you need to have a skill that hits a LOT. Not sure which melee attacks really reach that. Maybe some sort of 2.0 APS foil with multistrike or something like that. Either way, if you're going pathfinder, there are two primary builds: CoC + BV + Bladefall, or dedicated blade vortex. Attack builds basically don't generate enough hits.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

The thing about master surgeon is that you need to have a skill that hits a LOT. Not sure which melee attacks really reach that. Maybe some sort of 2.0 APS foil with multistrike or something like that. Either way, if you're going pathfinder, there are two primary builds: CoC + BV + Bladefall, or dedicated blade vortex. Attack builds basically don't generate enough hits.

I was thinking maybe Frenzy+Melee Splash+Blood Magic+Multistrike+Faster attacks for a 5 link, it would have alot of hits in groups and crit plenty with the right stuff. But we will see, ill just get myself up to it and test it out and see what works for it best.

Even then im not worried at all about what is best or care at all about that, i just want to explore what will make it work and gave me the most bang for my buck out of flasks within reason and what will be fun for it.

So ill do a lot of testing once im up there

Not an issue and even better we have a new league dropping soon too
Last edited by Steelgrey666 on May 24, 2016, 4:00:45 PM
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

I was thinking maybe Frenzy+Melee Splash+Blood Magic+Multistrike+Faster attacks for a 5 link, it would have alot of hits in groups and crit plenty with the right stuff. But we will see, ill just get myself up to it and test it out and see what works for it best.

Even then im not worried at all about what is best or care at all about that, i just want to explore what will make it work and gave me the most bang for my buck out of flasks within reason and what will be fun for it.

IMO, a raider is the best melee class for ranger. If you wish to go for a pathfinder, though, that sixth link should be increased critical strikes to try and maximize flask charges. And you most likely will want to use a fast-attacking dagger.
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

IMO, a raider is the best melee class for ranger. If you wish to go for a pathfinder, though, that sixth link should be increased critical strikes to try and maximize flask charges. And you most likely will want to use a fast-attacking dagger.

Already have a raider and as i said im not worried about what is best.The idea is to use pathfinder's passives and the flask passives of the tree to make good on flasks, which a raider can't do.

And yeah i might go daggers but im going to test the dreamfeathers first.
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Hmmm I'd recommend using a skill that doesn't need melee splash, but you can test and see what feel best. Reave seems like the obvious choice, or maybe the new Lacerate, but I haven't played either of those. Lacerate could be good, it's like double strike but without needing Melee Splash.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
"
Steelgrey666 wrote:
"
IlyaK1986 wrote:

Hmmm I'd recommend using a skill that doesn't need melee splash, but you can test and see what feel best. Reave seems like the obvious choice, or maybe the new Lacerate, but I haven't played either of those. Lacerate could be good, it's like double strike but without needing Melee Splash.

Thats a good point but i am tired of reave , i haven't tried Lacerate just yet though, that could be fun. Ill have to give it a whirl real quick on my raider and see how i like it.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info