Looking to make a Pathfinder Alchemist themed build(theory crafting)

Considering the Pathfinder's focus on flasks and the easy regain of charges when combined with the ranger's close by passives, i want to make a build that focuses on flask usage to maximize her kit.

I want her to be a melee fighter so keep that in mind.

The idea of what i want to theory craft is a alchemist who essentially gets hyped up and becomes a raving lunatic off her flasks. Basically a ranger who has gotten a little TOO involved with the concoctions of nature she has become so reliant and fond of. Her weapons will most likely be daggers or swords to help symbolize a little what she would have on her as she collects the "herb and ingredients" for her concoctions. So i want to keep to such bladed weapons, no two handing.

So any skills using those weapons that can personify that kind of personality is in. She will most likely be Eva/ES based armor wise.

Its been a long time since i have come back to this game so im not aware of all the items anymore and i have never worked with unique and specialized flasks all that much but now with this i want to.

I don't really need help on my passives really, i have made numerous builds (successes and failures) since closed beta. So i am pretty confident i can do the passives on my own.

What i am asking for is item recommendations and skill interaction/support gem interaction suggestions. That is what i want to theory craft.

So any interesting ideas on gear or skills to help make this character really live up to the theme would be fantastic. I have some ideas in mind for skills but i want to hear what you all have to say.
Last bumped on May 24, 2016, 6:59:16 PM
is only melee flask that I know, beside magic ones. Nothing fancy here, too, just more kick. I'd bite but my melee aren't very good. (Last one more or less working was H. Strike hege marauder, so still no use for you.)

But I'm pretty sure you need Abyssus if you want it to be cool.
Asterix may be badaas in a way, but I'm not sure, rly...

Edit:
Sorry, I should've read it thru bit better before posting %). Abyssus hardly fits herbalist probably.
Spoiler
(unless she was herbalist caught by Piety and tortured for years, and then barely survived on the botton of the cart full of corpses, thrown to the sewers. Didn't say a word ever since. She could always wear a daisy somewhere

tl;dr that winged helmet fits her ok. Plus that old setup with dw feather-like swords and some chest with tons of eva, I forgot what was that excatly (plus you had probably that in mind already). Also I'm not sure if this works anymore.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on May 24, 2016, 7:38:24 AM
"
skuadak wrote:
is only melee flask that I know, beside magic ones. Nothing fancy here, too, just more kick. I'd bite but my melee aren't very good. (Last one more or less working was H. Strike hege marauder, so still no use for you.)

But I'm pretty sure you need Abyssus if you want it to be cool.
Asterix may be badaas in a way, but I'm not sure, rly...

I know there is a lightning flask that can work for melee as well , i just forget what it is called , i saw someone link it in chat once.

I mean i figured i would have 2 health type recovery flasks then 3 unique flasks based on giving her more offensive tools. I could maybe pull off only 1 health recovery flask with enough leech/life on hit. Ill probably be running the blood magic support on my main skill.

There is some good belts that could synergize well with flasks use but other than that im clueless on what other gear might work well. But Devoto's might be a good option. If anything for the attack speed and mercury footprints.

I mean i could run Iron Reflexes instead then work with Evasion/Armor.
Sorry I didn't read your plan thru enough and I'm recomending pretty much Voldo from Soul Calibur.

I guess that all these chests like queen of forest or Hyrri fit better than pretty much cage on the head. IR sounds like plan, especialy with Grace aura, sounds like something that she would use.

Edit: thanks to this thread I spot that I only keep damn grimm uniquess for some reason.

edit: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreamfeather this was base of DW build that seems excatly what you look for. Smooth stuff, not bashing enemies with 2h hammer. Plus it doesn't have name like "Someones Mentall ilness_or_just_regular_one_but_terminal" (like pretty much everything in PoE.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on May 24, 2016, 7:56:15 AM
"
skuadak wrote:
Sorry I didn't read your plan thru enough and I'm recomending pretty much Voldo from Soul Calibur.

I guess that all these chests like queen of forest or Hyrri fit better than pretty much cage on the head. IR sounds like plan, especialy with Grace aura, sounds like something that she would use.

Edit: thanks to this thread I spot that I only keep damn grimm uniquess for some reason.

edit: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Dreamfeather this was base of DW build that seems excatly what you look for. Smooth stuff, not bashing enemies with 2h hammer. Plus it doesn't have name like "Someones Mentall ilness_or_just_regular_one_but_terminal" (like pretty much everything in PoE.

Hmm Dreamfeather would really work into the kit and Hyrri would look pretty nicely with it too.

Well to be fair i have vanishing dye and plenty of cosmetic skins so i am not worried about looks, just need the stats to do proper and interact well together.

Grace sounds like a pretty good plan, maybe grab enough aura nodes to use both Grace and Haste along with Vaal Haste. Ill be most likely using blood magic for my main skill anyway so ill just need enough mana for my movement skill/utility skills.
Btw my original idea was to talk you into this:

It's pain to keep, but I can't force myself to trash it. I would gladly give it away, I didn't have enough luck, no one was interested so far.
So if you feel like 2h axe of rainbow build, just say a word :)

Spoiler
pls ;_;

edit: (breaking news ;p):

I dropped this jewell, that's just shoot, but what about S. Throw +Chain mayby? With coolest ele 2h-axe there is?
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on May 24, 2016, 10:08:53 AM
"
skuadak wrote:
Btw my original idea was to talk you into this:

It's pain to keep, but I can't force myself to trash it. I would gladly give it away, I didn't have enough luck, no one was interested so far.
So if you feel like 2h axe of rainbow build, just say a word :)

Spoiler
pls ;_;

edit: (breaking news ;p):

I dropped this jewell, that's just shoot, but what about S. Throw +Chain mayby? With coolest ele 2h-axe there is?

Sounds like fun except the two hand axe part, won't suit the theme at all and kinda kills it lol

You can do something with it lol
Well I have tons of ele weapons. I don't know them, so I keep whatever seems neat.
Spoiler

I could give pair of claws away so far, for dw ST claw build (in 2.1. iirc). If you like anything out there, I'll be happy to give it into good hands. I just wanted them to find some use (and my effort less pointless ;p).

There is mental illness happening sometimes to older people- they literaly can't throw anything away and pack their homes with every piece of garbage that they find. I don't remember the name but Im pretty sure I have it.

P.S.
I tried into DW ele sword ranger, but it went bad. I had no idea, so I just connected dots out of the whim. It works with bow builds usually, it didn't work this time. I may try that Voldo daisy herbalist I told you at first. It had to be phys then, tho (abyssus, 2xclaw, and LC (LC without any entushiasm). I'd use kaoms steps, but they are 2 heavy visually.
Burn all the orbs!
Last edited by skuadak on May 24, 2016, 11:39:19 AM
"
skuadak wrote:
Well I have tons of ele weapons. I don't know them, so I keep whatever seems neat.
Spoiler

I could give pair of claws away so far, for dw ST claw build (in 2.1. iirc). If you like anything out there, I'll be happy to give it into good hands. I just wanted them to find some use (and my effort less pointless ;p).

There is mental illness happening sometimes to older people- they literaly can't throw anything away and pack their homes with every piece of garbage that they find. I don't remember the name but Im pretty sure I have it.

I think for this build i want to go more phys than ele but it really depends on my flasks choices and all.

I will definitely keep you in mind though about it mate.

Also i have thought up some interesting ideas i mean i will definitely get the flask passives but i was thinking of working in discharge into the build to kinda simulate an alchemical explosion from her charges. Ill be making sure she will be getting end and frenzy charges anyway so might be good to have. I don't in particular want flicker strike for her anyway. So discharge might be a fun consumer to work with for her and the theme.

In particular i know ill be using Atziri's Promise and Forbidden Taste at least. Rumi's Concoction and Rotgut are strong contenders too.
Last edited by Steelgrey666 on May 24, 2016, 11:46:52 AM
Oh. I can help you even less than I thought at first. Good luck, tho!
I'm off to which subforum, they may need my help (also, I have many various wands for free, if you are interested)
Burn all the orbs!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info