Sony servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Two-handed melee weapons need a buff?

The only melee that is acceptable at high end is the melee that is not melee at all.

Friends don't let friends melee.
"
Pewzor wrote:

While I think 2 handed weapons are a bit weak I am sure GGG factored in a potential 2nd 6-link setup outside of chest... and clearly bows are outside this restriction, as the mods on bows scales just as high as 2 handed melee weapons while still allowing to have an offhand equipped in the form of quivers.

Damage of bows is more comparable to 1h melee, but you get to use ranged skills which are superior to any melee skill, plus the aoe and all the benefits of ranged.

Highest damage bow is "Brood Twine" - 600pdps.
Highest pdps 2h is "Pain Sunder" - 880pdps.
Best 2h is probably "Mind Fang" - 840pdps, it's what people use when they show off their 2h cyclone dps that goes above 1m dps, along with several other mirrored items.

Ofc, melee builds - regardless of their damage - are not comparable to ranged/casters. 2 days ago I played in 6-man party and one guy had mirrored staff (800+ dps), mirrored amulet, 2 mirrored rings, mirrored belt, 1000HP Kaoms. His clear speed was mediocre. VMS using 2 Consuming Darks clears 20x faster.
Last edited by toyotatundra on May 22, 2016, 11:43:30 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:
Only good melee is EQ Marohi

It's not that good.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

While I think 2 handed weapons are a bit weak I am sure GGG factored in a potential 2nd 6-link setup outside of chest... and clearly bows are outside this restriction, as the mods on bows scales just as high as 2 handed melee weapons while still allowing to have an offhand equipped in the form of quivers.

Damage of bows is more comparable to 1h melee, but you get to use ranged skills which are superior to any melee skill, plus the aoe and all the benefits of ranged.

Highest damage bow is "Brood Twine" - 600pdps.
Highest pdps 2h is "Pain Sunder" - 880pdps.
Best 2h is probably "Mind Fang" - 840pdps, it's what people use when they show off their 2h cyclone dps that goes above 1m dps, along with several other mirrored items.

Ofc, melee builds - regardless of their damage - are not comparable to ranged/casters. 2 days ago I played in 6-man party and one guy had mirrored staff (800+ dps), mirrored amulet, 2 mirrored rings, mirrored belt, 1000HP Kaoms. His clear speed was mediocre. VMS using 2 Consuming Darks clears 20x faster.

Sorry I didn't know that 1 handed weapons goes to 600pdps nowadays... The best mirrored 1 handed weapon ive seem was like 420 dps or something.
The real hardcore PoE players and the elites sit in town and zoning in and out of their hideouts trading items. Noobs that don't know how to play PoE correctly, kill monsters for items. It's pure fact, it will never change.

Welcome to PoE.
"
Pewzor wrote:

Sorry I didn't know that 1 handed weapons goes to 600pdps nowadays... The best mirrored 1 handed weapon ive seem was like 420 dps or something.

1h are ~550dps.
"
toyotatundra wrote:
"
Pewzor wrote:

1h are ~550dps.

Then you add the power of crit ^^
Last edited by IceDeal on May 22, 2016, 11:58:31 AM
"
IceDeal wrote:

Then you add the power of crit ^^

I've played with many players who have Loath Bane dagger, and their clear speed is slow compared to VaalSpark/VMS/etc.

No amount of crit and no amount of damage will make a melee weapon great.
Maybe add a x2 factor to their implicit that would also double a corrupted implicit. That would be a start to compensate for the lack of a off hand item with an implicit of their own.
"Into the Labyrinth!
left step, right step, step step, left left.
Into the Labyrinth!"
"off hand" for 2h weapons, a flag on the back or something, and EQ is not melee.
Let's put things into perspective since most of us on this post play challenge leagues i.e forget that mirrored shit.

Rarely,2h melee weapons on poe trade will crack 600dps (non crit) and the sellers are drunk as fuck.

The solution to that is to play shadow lol. With shadow any weapon is crit :).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info