Two-handed melee weapons need a buff?

2h melee is fine , it's just that noone plays it . Sleeper OP clearly Kappa
R.I.P 4.B.
"
Varkorium wrote:
I got world first 100 Juggernaut HC with 2H RT, am I doing it wrong? it seemed fine to me.

Spoiler
Earthquake OP :P

Let me know how Uber works out for your EQ build in HC. If you cant see that melee is severly lacking when compared to other playstyles in the game you might have your head in the sand.
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
"
Dethklok wrote:
"
Varkorium wrote:
I got world first 100 Juggernaut HC with 2H RT, am I doing it wrong? it seemed fine to me.

Spoiler
Earthquake OP :P

Let me know how Uber works out for your EQ build in HC. If you cant see that melee is severly lacking when compared to other playstyles in the game you might have your head in the sand.

Sometimes I forget that people on the internet have no ability to grasp sarcasm, forgive me :P
Dual wield melee is far better in terms of allowing that one extra defensive/utility gem setup, gaining the block dual wield provides and an extra 'stat carrying' item. All of that extra stuff for losing an insignificant amount of outgoing damage and at the same time, using the same faux-melee skills.

Another added bonus is that any defensive spells; molten shell, for instance, can receive a damage boost if you're using scepters and/or daggers with some elemental+spell damage on them.

This is from a temp league only and ssf (hc & sc) perspective of an average joe type player.

The times I've found a 2 hand weapon that out-damages any of my dual wield setups enough to want to change has been next to never. And it must be at least a 5 link to make it happen. Which is also very rare to happen within the time of a temp league. 2 X 3 sockets is usually better than 1 X 5 socket in the weapon slot(s) for me.

"
Varkorium wrote:

Sometimes I forget that people on the internet have no ability to grasp sarcasm, forgive me :P

In my defence its easy to miss the sarcasm when there are people on this forum that would try to logiclly make that argument. Mah bad :P
IGN:Dethklok
lllllDanziGGlllll - 100 Ranger ~ HOGM
Mirror Service: View-thread/2479762
Old:870532
I started playing this game again after 3 years of absence due to the fact I couldn't play the game as a 2h maurauder. I STILL DONT SEE 2 HANDER BEING VIABLE. WHY WOULD I WANT TO RUN AROUND WHILE MY TOTEM DOES ALL THE WORK WHEN WANT I REALLY WANT IS TO TAKE MY 2H AXE AND CRACK THE BIGGEST SKULL I CAN FIND. THEY STILL HAVE NOT FULLY ADDRESSED THE ISSUE WITH 2H AFTER 4 YEARS WTF. I could be a caster with ice spear and sit back and watch everything die effortlessly but that is not the way I want to play the game. FIX 2H MELEE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD. It seems ggg put all their creativity in ranged combat and not an ounce in pure melee.
Last edited by Killmode86 on Mar 10, 2017, 8:25:18 PM
"
Killmode86 wrote:
not an ounce in pure melee.

Pure melee is an illusion, exile.

Sometimes you can take the game out of the garage but you can't take the garage out of the game.
- raics, 06.08.2016

"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Killmode86 wrote:

You want true melee in this game, you play Blade Vortex, plain n simple.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
"
JohnNamikaze wrote:
"
Killmode86 wrote:

You want true melee in this game, you play Blade Vortex, plain n simple.

Or cleave, practically the best skill you can use with RT if dual wielding.
Last edited by krenderke on Mar 11, 2017, 8:04:14 AM
Are people forgetting the fact that in PoE, 3+3 doesn't even come close to 6?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info