PvP damage reductions or lack of

Noob question, but what exactly DOES the east passive bring to pvp compared to west?
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
I'm curious GGG, how far did you make it into that post before you start hysterically laughing about the absurdity of asking for on topic discussion in the "things we ignore" section of the forum?
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
At least mods are taking note this forum exist.

MAybe they ll get tired of tiramisu and finally summon chris or a balance guy to look into pvp.

ZiggyD
‏Check out this bow I crafted on the test server using Essences combined with Master Crafting!

seem the futur of poe is to be balanced.
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Aug 18, 2016, 7:16:08 AM
and we thought RF was OP back in day.. haha!
"
Noob question, but what exactly DOES the east passive bring to pvp compared to west?

For real?

Ok well here's how I see it

-Crit is dominant in PvP, what counters crit? Evasion "check"

-Avoiding damage in PvP is universally the best way to survive because regular mechanics fall short of mitigating damage properly. Acrobatics/Phase acrobatics/movement speed for days "check"

-Heart of the oak is a godlike passive

-All Ascendancy classes from the Ranger are just perfectly built for PvP

-Status avoidance cluster

-Inherently ranged, though even as melee this side of the tree is godlike

-No shortage of godlike flask speed/recovery nodes and life (there's less life but you can get enough)

Whats the west side give you?

-Life regen...insta fucked by crit dmg

-Armor...insta fucked by everything because armor sucks

-RT counters evasion...but then you lose out on 400-700% MORE damage multiplier in crit

-Unwavering stance is just straight garbage compared to Heart of the oak + Acrobatics when it comes to stun avoidance and mitigation potential. It's actually counter productive to take US because you've just basically said hey...crit me free so I can play the "lets see if I can even count the hits it takes before I die" game (usually 1-2 so fast you can't see it).

I can go into more detail but its pretty evident by just the above.

West side of the tree births trolly ass tank players that do nothing i.e you know the ones

East side births builds that straight shit on those + anything in the game from a range that's safe versus everything but ranged itself.

GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 19, 2016, 11:37:41 PM
Guess I never really noticed that's why I had 0 interest in any STR character, and all my shit was basically put in the shadow + ranger tree.

Fuck.
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
"
Guess I never really noticed that's why I had 0 interest in any STR character, and all my shit was basically put in the shadow + ranger tree.

Fuck.

I mean Ascendancy helped but overall its still the better side of the tree.

We got the Juggernaut Dischargers poisoning the game with massive amounts of skill for example.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on Aug 19, 2016, 6:36:55 PM
The west side of the tree has some of the best bow nodes.
"
RunawayFixer wrote:

That you have to invest 2 extra skill points to get wich make them slightly less valuable.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
RunawayFixer wrote:

That you have to invest 2 extra skill points to get wich make them slightly less valuable.
You're spoiling it, I was trying to troll mulla his melee fixation :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info