Shade Form and Iron Reflexes

I get that the quote "20% more chance to Evade Attacks while not on full Energy Shield" is basically literal in its application. But with Iron Reflexes all Evasion Rating is converted to Armor. I am pretty sure the two dont interact how I would like. But why would increased to chance to evade, bypass changing evasion rating? Is there some type of balance issue with Shadow's and Iron Reflexes?
Last bumped on May 21, 2016, 12:44:12 PM
No. Base evasion is 5% at 0 evasion rating after iron reflexes.
"
Dezus wrote:
But why would increased to chance to evade, bypass changing evasion rating?

because math.

to gain 20% more chance to evade by changing evasion value can be made, but the issue is that additional gained evasion rating varies depending on attackers accuracy rating. This means that to gain 20% more chance to evade you will have to have different amounts of evasion against different mobs. Examples:
Lets take mobs accuracy 1000 and defenders evasion 1000, then chance to evade will be:
1-1000/(1000+(1/4*1000)^0,8) = 7,65%
with 20% more chance to evade, chance to evade will be 9,2%
9,2% will reflect in 1331 evasion rating

now with 1000 evasion rating against 2000 accuracy will result in 4% chance to evade.
raising 4% by 20% more will be 4,77% chance to evade and 4,77% chance to evade against 2000 acc mob will reflect in 1269 evasion.
1269 evasion is not equal to 1331 evasion. This happens because evasion rating and chance to evade values are not linearly proportional to each other.

And this pretty much cannot be happen in the game. Evasion rating cannot vary against different mobs.

PS. some values here were rounded.
Last edited by Andrius319 on May 19, 2016, 4:59:02 AM
My 'why' was more looking for why the choice was made to make it work in a way in that it avoided evasion rating, in terms of gameplay, balance, mechanics, etc. It is interesting, but idc about how it mathmatically works :P
Well, making it not work with iron reflexes in a favorable way was probably one reason to make it modify the chance instead of evasion rating.

Additionally, modifying the chance instead of the evasion rating allows you to get increasing returns when using it with high evasion, instead of the diminishing returns it would having if it were applied to evasion rating... "20% more chance to evade" makes a way bigger impact than "20% more evasion rating", especially when your chances to evade are getting around 50%+. And the higher your chance to evade gets the bigger the disparity between the two gets.

So yeah, modifying the chance was more favorable to those that actually build for evasion.
Last edited by Shppy on May 19, 2016, 1:52:54 PM
"
Shppy wrote:
Well, making it not work with iron reflexes in a favorable way was probably one reason to make it modify the chance instead of evasion rating.

Additionally, modifying the chance instead of the evasion rating allows you to get increasing returns when using it with high evasion, instead of the returns it would having if it were applied to evasion rating... "20% more chance to evade" makes a way bigger impact than "20% more evasion rating", especially when your chances to evade are getting around 50%+.

ya thats a good point.
Thanks. It is so odd because the other parts of Shade Form are so useful to me.... If I have the crafting mats, I will see if Weave of the Arcane can get me another Aura or something.
I asked in a different thread (I can look for it if you really need the confirmation), but apparently blind applies before Shade form. So if you use stibnite flasks or whatever then Shade Form can still help a lot.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
I'M afraid I don't follow.
Why would blind have anything to do with it?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Blind offers a way to get some good mileage out of Shade Form even with Iron Reflexes. With IR, you have 52.5% Chance to Evade against Blinded enemies, and Shade Form jacks it up to 63%.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info