Remember the past, anticipate the future.

"
XerxezBreak wrote:
That's amazing! Currently I can only reach 46% Dodge Attack and Dodge Spells. With this I can achieve 56% Dodge Attacks and 54% Dodge Spells without using Vaal Grace!

?? quartz flask ??
"
JusJev wrote:
"
XerxezBreak wrote:
That's amazing! Currently I can only reach 46% Dodge Attack and Dodge Spells. With this I can achieve 56% Dodge Attacks and 54% Dodge Spells without using Vaal Grace!

?? quartz flask ??

IDK about that guy, but I try to get reasonable defenses BEFORE flasks, since I could easily forget and drop flasks. So relying on Dodge from a Quartz is not something I like to do.

- Sheepster
"
Disrupted wrote:
"
SirSid wrote:
+1000 accuracy and dodge with no draw back ... what the heck am i looking at.

My bet is, a T1-T2 prophecy league unique

What do you mean no drawback, it does give a lot of accuracy but you can get accuracy from 6 gear slots (amulet, rings, gloves, helmet, weapon), the dodge is nice but not that much and it doesn't give anything else. The amulet is arguably the most important slot you have. You're missing on stats, life, ES, resists, global crit, crit multi, flat physical, spell damage (for CoC/mjolner builds) and so on.

Having a good rare amulet and accuracy rolls on 3 of those 6 gear slots is undoubtedly better.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
JusJev wrote:
"
XerxezBreak wrote:

?? quartz flask ??

IDK about that guy, but I try to get reasonable defenses BEFORE flasks, since I could easily forget and drop flasks. So relying on Dodge from a Quartz is not something I like to do.

I dunno... after this last league, I've come to the conclusion that flasks are so good even without any investment in flask nodes.

The blind flask, armor flask, and other utility flasks have also put CI as my favored way to play the game. (I never thought I would say CI >).

The neck is cool and all, but it's not a piece I would actively go search for...it also isn't a build enabler like voll's or victarios.

It's cool...but I wouldn't actively search for it.
"

I dunno... after this last league, I've come to the conclusion that flasks are so good even without any investment in flask nodes.

The blind flask, armor flask, and other utility flasks have also put CI as my favored way to play the game. (I never thought I would say CI >).

The neck is cool and all, but it's not a piece I would actively go search for...it also isn't a build enabler like voll's or victarios.

It's cool...but I wouldn't actively search for it.

Oh no, flasks are OP, I SO agree...But I don't rely on flawless play from myself, because I might forget to pop said OP Flask. So I try not to make my build rely on them, cuz I might screw up.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
Oh no, flasks are OP, I SO agree...But I don't rely on flawless play from myself, because I might forget to pop said OP Flask. So I try not to make my build rely on them, cuz I might screw up.

It's a psychological issue for me, I tend to ignore buffing consumables in games so even after all this time I'm still turning my nose up at utility flasks here. Well, no reason is good enough to break bad habits.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
that piece looks great. that added accuracy is powerful no doubt about it, but i am not very impressed with the dodge/spell dodge.

honestly the way dodge/spell dodge is right now, i just don't see the necessity in gaining amounts of it outside of acrobatics/phase acro and vaal grace. with those two alone you can cap dodge (basically, at 74%) and nearly cap spell dodge, which you can max with a very good and cheap pair of boots in atziri step.

the only option i see for these things is in order to skip out on acrobatics if it isn't close enough for your skill tree. however think about the options at that point. to get dodge outside of acrobatics you can use quartz flask (10%, maximum of 15% with alchemist+flask effect/-duration), atziri step (16% spell dodge) which would be more preferred than darkrays since they require frenzy charges which requires the right side of the tree to which you may as well get acrobatics.
next you can have daresso's defiance at 6%, but hyrri's ire is definitely preferred at 10/10 dodge/spell dodge. if you include this amulet you have another 10/10 with perfect rolls, i'd imagine.

thats a total of 34+10+10+10+(16) = 64(69 max) dodge and 75% spell dodge with a chest piece, boots, amulet, flask and vaal skill. just 30/46 without vaal grace active.

to me, that seems like a lot of investment. sure you're able to get it done, but you may as well just run a shadow, witch or ranger and grab up acrobatics. you can even come super close to capping block even WITH acrobatics quite easily. much easier than trying to cap dodge without acrobatics, thats for sure.

flasks, by the way, are basically the ultimate in power right now. right side of the passive tree is again reigning supreme in power for investment, and its highly amplified with flasks currently. you don't even need to be a pathfinder ascendancy. just get a good belt, alchemist nodes, and arcane chemistry....boom you're a flask build that can have 3 uses on all flasks.

couple that with using poacher's mark curse and you easily have 100% uptime on flasks except for super hard long lasting boss fights, which most people tend to skip anyway since it isn't XP efficient

TLDR: i like the amulet, the accuracy is great, but i find your attempts to make dodge viable outside of acrobatics quite humorous. with acrobatics its 100% unneeded and at that point, unwanted
Last edited by xMustard on May 18, 2016, 1:07:19 PM
"
xMustard wrote:

honestly the way dodge/spell dodge is right now, i just don't see the necessity in gaining amounts of it outside of acrobatics/phase acro and vaal grace. with those two alone you can cap dodge (basically, at 74%) and nearly cap spell dodge, which you can max with a very good and cheap pair of boots in atziri step.

TLDR: i like the amulet, the accuracy is great, but i find your attempts to make dodge viable outside of acrobatics quite humorous. with acrobatics its 100% unneeded and at that point, unwanted

Shortened quote. If you're going JUST Acro/Phase Acro, I see no point in it, at all. To me Dodge only shines in a heavy Evasion/Dodge build, outside of that I see no point in losing the other stats. I don't trust Vaal Grace as it might not be up when you need it. I don't value relying on Vaal skills or your Flasks for your defenses, as you might not actually have those up/use those in time.

Dodge IS viable, and with just Acro it's pretty bad TBH. It IS wanted to have more, just not by you.

- Sheepster
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:19:28 PM
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:19:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info