Why does everyone say the economy is broken in standard ?

"
Nephalim wrote:

I chanced my second skyforth after 1 hour of play. I had not played for several weeks prior to that.

I sold it and stopped playing because this game refuses to drop me a mirror.

how do you get waaah I want a mirror from what I said?

What is so funny about pointing out how 99.999999% of all rares roll bad?

Also you fluking out on a chance roll is most certainly not typical.

2 years ago I spent a few hundred chances on Siege axes and didn't get one Soultaker.
I learned chances are currency to trade or sell, not to use.

Yes the economy is broken. In that the game absolutely revolves around it. Which is stupid.
I'm not stupid enough to cry that 6 links are 20 exalt or w/e. In that respect no it's not broken.
Is it broken cuz common crap uniques are only one chaos, of course not.
It's broken cuz the player can't succeed beyond scrub level playing self found and trading is essential.

Drops are WAY too tuned /weighted to be crap.

Random combos of t1 affixes that the vender will barely take from you is what Im referring to. Hours and hours and hours, every single drop mish mash random t1 rolls of useless crap you can't even use if you were gearing up.
Drops are BAD.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on May 8, 2016, 3:04:58 PM
"
Spoiler
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Is no one referring to the fact nearly all drops SUCK? All rares roll bad and are better used unid for 2x chaos recipe.
The economy is "broken" because for someone that doesn't play economy simulator and actually plays the game, they're looking at many days of saving up to afford 10 exalt+ items.

To me the economy isn't broken, in game drops are.

I just don't understand why Chris likes the absolutely horrible drops and thinks we all enjoy trading to gear up.
I chanced my second skyforth after 1 hour of play. I had not played for several weeks prior to that.

how do you get waaah I want a mirror from what I said?

What is so funny about pointing out how 99.999999% of all rares roll bad?

Also you fluking out on a chance roll is most certainly not typical.

2 years ago I spent a few hundred chances on Siege axes and didn't get one Soultaker.
I learned chances are currency to trade or sell, not to use.

Yes the economy is broken. In that the game absolutely revolves around it. Which is stupid.
I'm not stupid enough to cry that 6 links are 20 exalt or w/e. In that respect no it's not broken.
Is it broken cuz common crap uniques are only one chaos, of course not.
It's broken cuz the player can't succeed beyond scrub level playing self found and trading is essential.

Drops are WAY too tuned /weighted to be crap.
If you want drops to feel relevant in Standard, don't trade for gear.

After enough time farming, pretty much everything becomes 99.99% trash. There's not really any way to fix that, regardless of what is done with droprates; increasing droprates just means the earlier farming time was more productive, raising the "noncrap" standard. The best a game dev can do is make items interesting enough where the community is not sure if a particular drop is above or below that 00.01% threshold. Even then, if the community is smarter than the puzzle the devs make, it won't work.

If you do trade, that's fine, but do so with the understanding that, as a league gets older, its standard for "1 Alch" and "1 Chaos" gear will rise. The good part of this is that new players can get even better gear even cheaper, which takes a bit of the sting out of everyone else in the league being so far ahead of you - you can catch up a bit faster. But the bad part is, the standard for "1 Alch" and "1 Chaos" gear becomes higher, so you're going to go longer farming before you find a drop you can sell, and vendor a lot more items.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 7, 2016, 11:41:36 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
snip

Doing maps and getting gloves with 7 evasion and 17 intel is crap any way you slice it.
Don't play semantics : /
Well, regarding that whole "puzzle" thing I mentioned: it would be nice if rare affixes weren't boring as fuck. Might get some more interesting moments that way.

The number size is best the way it is. If the random range is 5-55, then anything 50+ is a pretty good drop. If the random range is 40-55 then it's 55 or bust, maybe 54. You actually get more meaningful choice the first way.

But for the most part, Standard just gets overfarmed. Play temp if you want an economy reset.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 7, 2016, 11:52:43 PM
The standard economy is a little fubar because there are temp league players and HC players who don't care about standard. Whenever they decide to strip down and liquidate their characters/stash (which may not be immediately after a death or league end) they set prices aimed at rapid liquidation. Similarly, if they decide to try an item or build out before liquidation they are willing to pay a lot to get something fast, again because ultimately they don't care about standard. So often there are these big price discrepancies, and it contributes strongly to the whole trade to win problem.

Standard economy is comparable to a theoretical earth economy if 50% of the population believed in an upcoming rapture.
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
Last edited by Vhlad on May 8, 2016, 1:12:25 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Although a lot of it has been covered earlier, as examples of players who simply don't like the state of the economy vs actually being broken... there is one thing I think actually is kinda broken economically.

Mirror-worthy items.

Note that I'm not saying mirrored items, those still work fine. Same thing with Mirrors themselves. However, as far as Mirror service items go, things hit #1 and stay #1 way too long, there's not enough competition, and attempting to make a new #1 is such a daunting task that, despite the potential profit involved, absolutely no one is doing it.

Probably could be solved by simply having Mirrors Mirror the original, or some similar.

However, that's broken only in terms of the top 0.1% versus the top 0.01%. It's a real issue, but a very, very small one, and it gets a lot of attention mostly because everyone wants to be The Guy so they're looking at a situation they'll almost certainly never get to experience first-hand. (Myself included.)

I agree with this and while it's not really relevant for 99.9% of the population, removing eternals made it worse. Instead of only millionaires being able to afford eternal/exalt crafting, it's now only billionaires.
for all mirror items check The Forbidden Trove:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2516760
"
Nephalim wrote:
"
Is no one referring to the fact nearly all drops SUCK? All rares roll bad and are better used unid for 2x chaos recipe.
The economy is "broken" because for someone that doesn't play economy simulator and actually plays the game, they're looking at many days of saving up to afford 10 exalt+ items.

I just don't understand why Chris likes the absolutely horrible drops and thinks we all enjoy trading to gear up.

your point being ?
"
Sygnano wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
"

your point being ?

He was being sarcastic because the first guy complained about people having to save up "days" for 10+ exalt items.
"

He was being sarcastic because the first guy complained about people having to save up "days" for 10+ exalt items.

Speaking of missing the point...

That's not it at all.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info