I have now come to accept this is the greatest game in the world

"
Bars wrote:
Ah, yes. Memories from when I was 5 are a bit dim and not even knowing English at the time doesn't help.

Yeah, I'd wager that wouldn't make things easy. My memories of that time are a little clearer I guess, being as I'm an old man (like 2 whole years older than you!) and was 7 or 8 around that time haha.

Really, PoE is certainly on my top list of videogames. There are very few titles that I've played consistently over a 4+ year period or regularly revisit (some of those being D2:LoD, Unreal Tournament, ye olde WoW Vanilla, original X-COM, Fallout 2, Sid Meier's Pirates!, Planescape: Torment, Baldur's Gate 2 [thank you, Bars haha])
Last edited by Funkdubious on May 5, 2016, 2:20:30 PM
"
Funkdubious wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
Ah, yes. Memories from when I was 5 are a bit dim and not even knowing English at the time doesn't help.

Yeah, I'd wager that wouldn't make things easy. My memories of that time are a little clearer I guess, being as I'm an old man (like 2 whole years older than you!) and was 7 or 8 around that time haha.

Really, PoE is certainly on my top list of videogames. There are very few titles that I've played consistently over a 4+ year period or regularly revisit (some of those being D2:LoD, Unreal Tournament, ye olde WoW Vanilla, original X-COM, Fallout 2, Sid Meier's Pirates!, and Planescape: Torment)

I sense a disturbing lack of Baldur's Gate 2 in this list!
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Haha, you raise a fair point - as BG2 was/is fantastic. I will amend that list immediately!
You figured it out!
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 7:03:55 PM
welcome to the church of poe.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Nice post OP. Hard to argue with how awesome this game is. Hope to get into it again!
The best part of PoE isn't how good it is. The best part is that it constantly changes and evolves while remaining great.

I can think of a handful of games that when taking a snapshot of their primes were better, but none of them managed to stay that way very long.
imo the only downside on POE is when you reach the end game and realize that you need Flip like a maniac every day to do anything,i mean accuity in std is like 300ex,98% of people can't afford that and will never see so many exalts,mirror..etc...

I played D3 since beta ,AH was my life and for sure D3 gets more fun when they closed it.

POE without trade(24 hours flipping peeps)would be the best game ou there.

is like D3 you just need to worrie about have fun.

Poe flip first( a lot) then have fun after.

cheers
I really like these developers. Really, I do.

But it's not the greatest game in the world.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info