I have now come to accept this is the greatest game in the world

"
raxleberne wrote:
You havent played many games have you

And here we go again. Honestly though, if this game is so bad, why are you here?
"
Aim_Deep wrote:
I have not played to many games but I'd say Original Inferno D3 was my fav of all time. I literally got to play 16 hrs a day on summer break with my brother and some friends. Hard - like could not beat game alone needed auras from friends. Had to use combat tactics for 5 minute elite fights. We communicated throughout fights. Once they nerfed it to the ground I got really upset and so happy I found this game for different reasons. Not really hard - I play solo but builds and theory crafting are fun.

Let me guess - you weren't a melee class :P I was a Barb, it was absolutely stupid. Pushed it to Inferno A3 before the nerf but it was a soul-crushing grind.

My mates were speedrunning content with demon hunters and I was feeling like a particularly masochistic sort of masochist because I was refusing to reroll.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 5, 2016, 8:19:01 AM
"
raxleberne wrote:

I have played many many games and, well, I think this is the greatest game in the world.

IGN: Exalon
"
raxleberne wrote:

To pitch in - I started playing when I was four or five years old. Prince of Persia, Cosmo, Commander Keen. That was 25 years ago and I haven't stopped playing in all that time. I've played DotA the most - many tens of thousands of hours. Second and third place are for Starcraft: Brood War and PoE - I'm unsure which takes precedence but PoE is steadily gaining since I'm still playing it.

Saying which game is the 'greatest' is ridiculous, everyone has their own preferences... But PoE is definitely in my personal all-time top 3.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on May 5, 2016, 12:51:38 PM
I love this game. I'm just hoping monsters get more HP or something because every build I tried in Perandus felt too faceroll. Move speed was super important compared to before and I'm hoping fights can start taking more than a split second again.

This 2 week flashback league will be a really nice change of pace.
i love act1 and 2 they are the best
"
Bars wrote:
snip - Commander King.

Not to be that guy, but if you're talking about Commander Keen, you're a champion in my books haha.

Ah, yes. Memories from when I was 5 are a bit dim and not even knowing English at the time doesn't help.
Last edited by Bars on May 5, 2016, 12:52:39 PM
"on Probation", I wonder what happened.. :D

Greatest? hmm, i'd say best of the "live" games i have played, and by "live" i mean that there is a ton of content to come.

FalloutII stole my heart and i never got it back :(

e: i'm currently (while not login into PoE)playing Unreal with the latest high-res patches, that is an awesome game!
d:-D*
Last edited by PyleWarlord on May 5, 2016, 1:24:51 PM
Commander keen , that brings back memories . What i missed on my list that i should get slaped for is Deus Ex , the original was such a great game .

Personaly i feel it's wonderfull that PoE is considered on our lists of great games of all time not many games in the last 5 years are even worth talking about let alone making it onto a gamers top list .
Just a sec let me grab a beer...@#*@ Ok how did I die this time

Learn the rules, it's the only way to exploit them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info