What is the point of 95% of uniques and divination cards?

To fill stash tabs. $
"
viciousnugget wrote:
I thought divination cards were made by players who purchased the Highgate packages? Don't hate on GGG for having a player that wanted to support their game and make sure other players have 40 wisdom scrolls.

I hear that " Its supporters that design card" argument too often...

GGG takes 100% of the decisions when creating cards or Unique items

Supporter only bring ideas

In other words, GGG is getting paid by people so they can work as brainstormers for free
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
"
viciousnugget wrote:
I thought divination cards were made by players who purchased the Highgate packages? Don't hate on GGG for having a player that wanted to support their game and make sure other players have 40 wisdom scrolls.

I don't think players made every div card set. Cards like the one you mention and rain of chaos (8 for 1 chaos orb) for example were made by GGG themselves and as OP mentions, are pretty puzzling and do seem more of spam than anything truly meaningful. There are lots of good cards, but some are indeed a little puzzling.

What's puzzling about Rain of Chaos? The wording is a bit off, sure. It does not rain Chaos orbs (you get one for 8 cards), but the card itself rains like mad.
Village Ruin map with some IIQ rolled on top of it often has 4 or more drop in a single run. The odd real chaos orb that drops is a bonus.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
viciousnugget wrote:
Remove mirror, bring back eternal and let everyone dedicated enough build the item they want.

+1 !!
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
"
viciousnugget wrote:
[...]

I agree with you on wanting a return of the eternal orb. I think Mirrors should've been the thing they removed. Remove mirror, bring back eternal and let everyone dedicated enough build the item they want.

YES, bring back Eternals, and increase the drop Rates!

NO, dont remove the mirror, just set a flag on every item that is like "mirrored" "not mirrored".
An item that gets used with a mirror will change its flag, and cant apply to another mirror from that time on. It is still possible to use other currency on that item, just not a mirror!
There wont be mirror service anymore (well max 1 copy), also you are still able to duplicate a ring for personal use, same as with 1handed weapons.
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
"
"
viciousnugget wrote:
[...]

I agree with you on wanting a return of the eternal orb. I think Mirrors should've been the thing they removed. Remove mirror, bring back eternal and let everyone dedicated enough build the item they want.

YES, bring back Eternals, and increase the drop Rates!

NO, dont remove the mirror, just set a flag on every item that is like "mirrored" "not mirrored".
An item that gets used with a mirror will change its flag, and cant apply to another mirror from that time on. It is still possible to use other currency on that item, just not a mirror!
There wont be mirror service anymore (well max 1 copy), also you are still able to duplicate a ring for personal use, same as with 1handed weapons.

some way to limitate mirror service like this is the best thing GGG could do, it would make duping less profitable, it wouldn't let 90% of all the wealth to concentrate in a few hands, and it would make PLAYING and CHASING items much much more interesting with more ways to craft the items you FIND than playing the economy like it is now

at the moment you play but it's so boring, NOTHING is exciting
2 years ago poe was like when a kid gets his favourite game as a suprise..
now poe feels like an hospital, shavronne/void battery dropped --> poker face
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on May 2, 2016, 10:54:15 AM
"
Mikrotherion wrote:
"
"
viciousnugget wrote:

I don't think players made every div card set. Cards like the one you mention and rain of chaos (8 for 1 chaos orb) for example were made by GGG themselves and as OP mentions, are pretty puzzling and do seem more of spam than anything truly meaningful. There are lots of good cards, but some are indeed a little puzzling.

What's puzzling about Rain of Chaos? The wording is a bit off, sure. It does not rain Chaos orbs (you get one for 8 cards), but the card itself rains like mad.
Village Ruin map with some IIQ rolled on top of it often has 4 or more drop in a single run. The odd real chaos orb that drops is a bonus.

Because chaos orbs drop on the regular. If you do nothing but Village Ruin maps, you'd still get more raw chaos drops than you can get through those cards. And 8 for a single chaos orb? There are sets that give more for less (3 chaos orbs) and a div card that gives you 5 for a single one.

It's puzzling to need so many cards for a single chaos orb. Div cards should give you something good. Something hard to find. Something you can be like "oh nice that made my day." But one chaos or 40 scrolls? Yeah that's pretty puzzling why they even bother.

I don't know what you're talking about regarding the name. They could call is Chaos Mutiny or Darkness of Madness or Living Turmoil, doesn't matter. It's not the name, it's what the set gives.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
Div cards are amazing what the fuck are you talking about?

I can barely contain my excitement when one of these drops:
"
databeaver wrote:
"
Div cards are amazing what the fuck are you talking about?

I can barely contain my excitement when one of these drops:

Shit tier cards = / = Good cards :x you will be excited when my card drops I hope.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
"
Shit tier cards = / = Good cards :x you will be excited when my card drops I hope.

Perhaps. But divination cards are not categorically amazing since a large portion of them (a majority by drop count I'd wager) are crap. And the better ones tend to be so rare I'm unlikely to ever find a full set. If your card is one of those I'll just nonchalantly toss it in the pile with the others.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info