What is the point of 95% of uniques and divination cards?

"

YES, bring back Eternals, and increase the drop Rates!

NO, dont remove the mirror, just set a flag on every item that is like "mirrored" "not mirrored".
An item that gets used with a mirror will change its flag, and cant apply to another mirror from that time on. It is still possible to use other currency on that item, just not a mirror!
There wont be mirror service anymore (well max 1 copy), also you are still able to duplicate a ring for personal use, same as with 1handed weapons.

One of the main points of having mirrors in game is to legitimize duping. Removing or installing any of your proposed changes destroys the point of it being present and would create a vacuum out there for someone to figure out how to dupe PoE items.

Having a currency item do it in game, according to rules, is genius and should not be tampered with.

AS FOR ETERNALS:

When I returned recently, I was happy they had been removed. PoE is an unforgiving game, with unforgiving RNG often times. We have master crafting to keep us moving forward, so there is no need for Eternals.

Now only RNGesus can bestow upon us the Godly of Godlies. As it should be.
Last edited by Scotchfist on May 2, 2016, 10:13:27 PM
"
Scotchfist wrote:
"

YES, bring back Eternals, and increase the drop Rates!

NO, dont remove the mirror, just set a flag on every item that is like "mirrored" "not mirrored".
An item that gets used with a mirror will change its flag, and cant apply to another mirror from that time on. It is still possible to use other currency on that item, just not a mirror!
There wont be mirror service anymore (well max 1 copy), also you are still able to duplicate a ring for personal use, same as with 1handed weapons.

One of the main points of having mirrors in game is to legitimize duping. Removing or installing any of your proposed changes destroys the point of it being present and would create a vacuum out there for someone to figure out how to dupe PoE items.

Having a currency item do it in game, according to rules, is genius and should not be tampered with.

First of all a dupe aint a copy!
Also the way the way how mirror service is used was imo not the intention of GGG introducing those currencys!
Like building monopols, that #1 calling on items. Scams, illegal trads etc.
The game was fine before that, now its obsolete to mirror a item anyway thx to broken doubledippin'.
You can faceroll with any budget. So why not use the time to get things in the right order again?
Eternals was the first step, imo the wrong!

E: There are still eternals! And enough to increase a monopol standing in the wrong hands!
> Alt Arts for Sale: /view-thread/3260276

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
Last edited by Doe on May 2, 2016, 10:22:02 PM
Does someone actually need to make a PSA thread detailing how master meta-crafting works with Scourings so motherfuckers will understand that, for every affix except the sixth, you don't need actual Eternals to deterministically craft items?!?
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 2, 2016, 10:26:48 PM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:
Does someone actually need to make a PSA thread detailing how master meta-crafting works with Scourings so motherfuckers will understand that, for every affix except the sixth, you don't need actual Eternals to deterministically craft items?!?

I would lie if i'd say the i havnt used the masters the way the work from the very first week they were added, so whats the point?
Building 6 stats against 5stats is mirror worthy against not mirror worthy, whcih ends exactly with the scenario i wrote about.
The keeper of the eternals will rule that market ;)

Contact support@grindinggear.com to report issues relating to the game or forum. Thanks!
I haven't been playing long at all on this account. Currently using 3 out of maybe 10 rare drops. Seems pretty useful.
year 2001 :

Enigma

cruel berserker axe of quickness / evisceration

ethereal herald of zakarum

Life skillers

Zod rune

Baal runs

Trade channel

56k modem / ISDN , no disconnects , no fps drops = Good times

year 2016

fps drops, disconnects, bugs , economy is screwed up even trading is boring now.

Divination cards, no eternal orbs, crap uniques = Sad times

Last edited by prilletime on May 3, 2016, 5:04:37 AM
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Yes please. I'd love to hear how you deterministically craft an item with five chosen mods. With an example if possible.
*Looks at account creation and post count* Ahh.
#NeverGoing90
"
databeaver wrote:
"
ScrotieMcB wrote:

Yes please. I'd love to hear how you deterministically craft an item with five chosen mods. With an example if possible.

especially a weapon since we know armour parts are kinda "easy" crafts anyway.

It occurred to me that I've seen a description of a method that allows creating items with master-crafted mods only. IIRC it involved a combination of a scouring orb and the prefixes/suffixes cannot be changed crafted mods. However, it has several drawbacks. Firstly, it's quite expensive - at least 3 ex just to get started if I'm not mistaken. Secondly, master-crafted mods are far from the best tier. And finally, some types of mods can't be master-crafted at all. If you want to spend 3+ ex on a mediocre item, have fun I guess.

I wonder if this is the method ScrotieMcB was thinking or if he had something better in mind?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info