[3.0] End Game Guardian Support! 90% phys/84% ele res. On a Budget.

Do you want to know at what level you can respec into this build? Not really sure to be honest. The biggest problem you will have is that you can't equip the core items(shield and helmet) at lvl 62(?) and 68. The shield is necessary because it lets you reserve 3 Auras to your life without a big multiplyer by the bloodmagic gem itself. And also the Armor is first equipable at lvl 52(?). By the time you can equip these you will have way more than enough Skill points to get the most needed stuff. If you don't know what to skill for the levels 52,62 and 68. I could create a skill tree with the best nodes for that :)
But generally speaking: the only required nodes are the 4 aura effectiveness nodes. All the rest of the tree ist mostly optinal defensive options.
We use 4 out of 5 aura nodes on the tree. The four we use are the following: Sovereingty(top left of the tree), Leadership (on the top right of the scion area), Charisma(above the ranger area) and Influence(top right of the skilltree, right under the chaos incoculation keystone).

Edit: just created this example tree :) This is not the bare minimum of skillpoints you can do it with, but it allready has atleast some hp and es scaling+all aura nodes(except for devotion in the templar area(only gives 3%).
Spoiler

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUDAAQHBLMHHhFQFm8XLxhqGYoabBqPHRQdTx2qIvQkqiSwLR8vbzW5Nuk5UjpYQ8hFR0ZxSVFJsUyzTwRVxlXWWAdboF-wZOdo8mwLbRlvnnC7eC98Dnzlf8aApIMJg9uExY9Gj_qTJ5Uum6GbtaEvogCnK6dVrJi0DLUEvorAZsHFwzrKSsrT18_ZE-GI42rkIuwY74jwH_DV9tr3wffX-Tf60vsJ_kk=
Check out my Guaridan Support build! /view-thread/1656032
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Aug 12, 2016, 12:55:53 PM
My friend and I plan to go really hard on the new Essence league. He will probably play a BV character and I will try out your support guide. Since leveling and labs will not be a problem should I run all auras/curses once I have them (enough mana and items later on to run as many as possible) or is that stupid? Would you recommend doing that or should I help him by playing something like dual spell totem and respec later?
Personally I was allways playing with the maximum number of possible auras that would fit and let me still cast some spells. Since you can't really reserve auras without the aura nodes I would suggest to focus on curses early on.
I would say that you should play what ever you see fit until level ~15-25 and then focus on cursing. If you happen to have a 5link on hand i would suggest that you go tripple curse to support your mate as good as possible. To get tripple curses really early on I would suggest to get two doedre's damning.
4Links: Ball lightning/Curse on hit/curse/curse
5Links: Ball lightning/Curse on hit/curse/curse/curse
6Links: Ball lightning/Curse on hit/curse/curse/curse+GMP
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Aug 21, 2016, 5:54:09 AM
Thanks will definetaly play this in the new Essence League
I might even start this build in the upcoming atlas league :D
Give it a try^^ Your Party-Mates will love you^^
Would appreciate if you would post some feedback when playing it^^
"
NEINNEINNEIN wrote:
Give it a try^^ Your Party-Mates will love you^^
Would appreciate if you would post some feedback when playing it^^

My only concern is the following:
How do you farm enough currency to 6s/6l the chest piece ? And to min/max your build.
Because you can't solo the game this feels hard to get.
6 Socket is a quality of life thing. Since we only use two of the offensive auras 2 Slots instead of 3 would be enough. And I also socket the Flame Dash in there, which is nice quality of life but not really need because I mostly use Whirling Blades.
This Means that you only NEED 4 Sockets on the chest. The Auras don't need to be linked-> you only need a 2 Link in there for the Blasphemy Setup.
I just have it 5linked because that link rolled by 'accident' :D

The Problem I personally see is that Prism Guardian(the shield) is fairly expensive, compared to the rest. And also the chaos resist gear can be pricey.
Last edited by NEINNEINNEIN on Sep 1, 2016, 9:52:53 AM
Does Ball of Lightning better than Orb of Storm?
I honestly have never heard of Orb of stroms for cursing^^ It could be good i guess. I am not sure about the rate that orb of strom hits targets. With ball lightning you cast one 'ball' and that curses every target in front of you the moment it reaches those.
Since I can't log in now that testing is up to you I guess :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info