"Game is too easy !!!!!!!"

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Not a "well known fact" but a popular opinion... one used to justify their cause. The game is not "based on trade". It's just that players that engage in it want an excuse for their weakness.

Well, we have api's, an official forum for trading, and a trade window.

Maybe it's not based on trade but trade is somehow very well welcomed :P

I'd like to see some hindrance on trading, but i'm not sure it's what GGG wants for the game.
For an Emperor to be just, an Emperor must be patient.
"
Frattagli4 wrote:

I'd like to see some hindrance on trading, but i'm not sure it's what GGG wants for the game.

I'm sure it isn't, just as everyone who has ever paid attention to what Chris and other devs have been saying. Not going to even bother replying to Shags, it would be like trying to argue with a fanatic about religion.

To clarify, they don't want trading to be too easy and automated, but they want it to be a central aspect of the game and the drop rates are balanced around it. I'm sure Shags loves struggling unnecessarily for countless hours and not having a powerful character ever, but implying that would be a good idea for the majority of the playerbase, or even GGG implementing it, it hopelessly naive at best.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 30, 2016, 9:06:34 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Frattagli4 wrote:

I'm sure it isn't, just as everyone who has ever paid attention to what Chris and other devs have been saying. Not going to even bother replying to Shags, it would be like trying to argue with a fanatic about religion.

To clarify, they don't want trading to be too easy and automated, but they want it to be a central aspect of the game and the drop rates are balanced around it. I'm sure Shags loves struggling unnecessarily for countless hours and not having a powerful character ever, but implying that would be a good idea for the majority of the playerbase, or even GGG implementing it, it hopelessly naive at best.

I agree, but don't get me wrong, i like trading. The only thing that bugs me is that actually your character benefit almost exclusively from traded stuff and very little from self found items. Pretty much like you are grinding items to sell.

I think it would be cool to have this ratio a bit more balanced, but i'd still like to have trading as a part of the game. I'd like to play some SSF temporary league but I'd definitely leave a fully SSF poe.

Fact is everyone had their private little "bitchboy" this league.
He is called Cadiro Perandus.
"
Frattagli4 wrote:

I agree, but don't get me wrong, i like trading. The only thing that bugs me is that actually your character benefit almost exclusively from traded stuff and very little from self found items. Pretty much like you are grinding items to sell.

I think it would be cool to have this ratio a bit more balanced, but i'd still like to have trading as a part of the game. I'd like to play some SSF temporary league but I'd definitely leave a fully SSF poe.

There are simply too many uniques, item affixes and builds in the game to make this realistically possible in any way which doesn't destroy the economy. Chris said even about Perandus league that it lead to a larger influx of items than they expected, almost everything was extremely cheap or practically free and even there you had to trade for almost all of your items to gear up an endgame build.

I haven't made exact notes but I think the three characters I leveled to 90 used about one self-found item per character by the time I said to myself 'OK, this guy is geared out'.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Apr 30, 2016, 9:39:49 AM
"
Bars wrote:
"
Frattagli4 wrote:

There are simply too many uniques, item affixes and builds in the game to make this realistically possible in any way which doesn't destroy the economy. Chris said even about Perandus league that it lead to a larger influx of items than they expected, almost everything was extremely cheap or practically free and even there you had to trade for almost all of your items to gear up an endgame build.

Add to this the fact that you have tons of possible builds and variants, and you can understand why i think it's impossible to change, even if i'd like it.

But still it's something that i can deal with :P
man i always wondered about those ssf tags so it was a player made league another blow for ggg

ppl asking for this for years now the new 2weeks league seriously...... someone gets paid for ideas like that <?
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
SSF leagues rely on RNG giving you items. This isn't skill based at all, it's an even worse luck based game than what PoE with trading is.

SSF is for hardkore players? Lol no, it's for those who want to challenge the RNG.
[s]only mindless sheep think labyrinth is OK to have in PoE.[/s]
okay nevermind labyrinth, fix dx9 blackscreen instead...
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
"
toyotatundra wrote:
Or is it? Seems to me when you take out trading and playing with bitchboys, it's not easy after all.

Screenshot is from SSFHC, which was organized by the players themselves. Some notes:

- Steel, who tore up the league, actually ripped later.
- Kyuzou is the only player who was still playing the league (last time I checked). At the pace he's going, he'll hit 100 sometime in 2019.
- Half of the players in the race are dead.
- Other half quit.
- Players who actually came up with the idea for this league all ripped, rerolled, ripped some more, then quit.

>players try to play the game in a way it was not intended for
>game is hard

What's your point exactly, beside the obvious?

Regarding "the way it was intended" (presumably by GGG)

Spoiler
[citation needed]

If trading wasn't the way it was intended, they wouldn't have put public stash, or trading altogether
Guys, I know that this is a cutthroat, social game with trading ingrained at its core, but I just yearned for a deeper challenge, so I started demanding for a SSF league, okay?

And, YES, I know that visual stimulation/feedback is inherent to not only Path of Exile, but indeed all gaming. I just yearned for a deeper challenge, okay? So I'll be turning off my monitor while playing during this two week race.

Please sign your local petition for a SSF league and a Blindside League (No monitor attached to your PC tower).

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info