2.3 Poison Block BV Budget Supertank -- League Starter (new vid)

this guide seems pretty good! i have one question though, how will it do in uber lab? im interested in running that in the beginning to get some currency going!
going to try BV on this build next league. I just wonder how mana hungry BV is. I like EB/ZO/MOM setup very much, on my summoner it allows me to reserve all mana and invest 0 into mana. Would it be possible to do so with bv?
Hey, with the new changes coming to Blade Vortex in the 2.4 patch, could you possibly update gear/skill tree since we wont be needing as many mana nodes with the new cap of 20 stacks
Heya Kroughfire! I've been leveling this build (I'm pretty new to the game, as a disclaimer) and have a question about the build that I can't figure out.

The .5% life and mana leech corruption you mentioned as being excellent for the boots. What corruption should I look for? I checked the list here: http://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Corrupted and can't find a mod that matches that idea, as the ones listed either are affected by attack damage (which BV isn't, and is specifically mentioned in the wiki as not being an attack, but a spell), or elemental damage, but none that work off of general damage or general spells. Did you mean a unique boot in particular?

Thanks so much for taking the time to make the video and write up the guide! Despite my confusion about probably small technical issues, I'm having a lot of fun playing the build, level 58 so far.

(I realized after I posted this that the OP hasn't visited the forums since early July, so if any of you Path of Exile veterans know the answers, I'd love to hear 'em!) Thank you! :)

Last edited by h3aso4 on Sep 8, 2016, 3:20:04 AM
Hi! Sorry, I've been taking a hiatus from the game for work, but I should still update my guide!

In general, in 2.4 the build has been sorta buffed (it's a trade off with the new BV). In general, it seems like a positive change, and you'll only suffer a little bit less life regen from bosses.

This build does just fine in uber lab, as long as you know how to get around the traps. I socketed in a flamedash in addition to WB to do that.

h3aso4' Question

The boot upgrade isn't a corruption, which is why you can't find it on there. It's an enchantment, and you get it from the completing the labrynth and choosing to enchant your boots (there is a small chance you will get the correct one. I would just recommend buying a pair from poe.xyz.is). Anypair of boots (unique or not) can gain the leech enchantment.

In general, I would keep the build as it is, but stress that you don't need as much mana regen on your jewelry anymore, since BV is going to be easier to keep up.

The MOM portion of this build is not necessary at all, or, if you'd rather convert to using EB ZO MOM, that would work just fine as well (especially now). I designed the build simply to be as tanky as possibly, but you give up a little of that, your damage potential should increase a lot.
Awesome! Thanks so much for responding!

I'm still really enjoying the build and will work on getting that enchantment/boots. Move speed/mobility is still a bit of a problem for me, but that's more an issue of me not remembering to use the whirling blades/faster attacks/fortify linked skill as much as I should. I think not using that linked fortify skill chain is what's causing the flask spamming I tend to do when I encounter things like that Sewer map spider boss Arachnoxia. I'll keep working on core play skills for that though ;) love the build. thanks again.

o/
I really like the idea of this build and everything, but i dont like blade vortex.

Would it be possible to run this build with a different skill, maybe even a range one?
If yes, which one would be the best to use?
Thx, your build help me to do another blade vortex necromancer ( already done this in perandus league ).

I had a corrupted energy jewel and it's really good :

it helps a lot for mitigate the physical damage since we can benefits from the es leech, bone offering and our life regen against them.

Lvl 92:
6510 energy shield
6102 life ( 339life regen + stone golem )
74% block
71% spell block

"
Item

"
Last edited by xMasaox on Sep 22, 2016, 11:45:24 AM
Wow, xMasaox!

I originally looked at using that jewel a long time ago for this build way back in the preliminary planning, but forgot about it until now! It looks amazing for double dipping in the regen/recovery! Also, the Scourge replacing Cybil's is a nice addition. With just the claw itself and the necro's nodes, you gain 160% increased damage, which comes close to rival Cybil's (but correct me if I'm wrong, Cybil's still does 240% with maxed block (EDIT: I can't math. It's 120%), and has the life added on hit. Why chose that claw? It does let you benefit from a few more damage nodes along your path, though). I love your additions! If I remake this character this league or next, I'm definitely using the jewel!

@Xirce

(Sorry for taking so long to get back to you!)
There aren't many other skills that would work with this build close to the same degree as Blade Vortex. Your only other options are Bladefall and Ethereal Knives (since they are the only ones which can apply poison). Bladefall likely wouldn't be that bad (I totally understand wanting to stay away from the current meta of BV!). Nothing should really have to change in the build, but I would take xMasoax's build into consideration!

The best part of this build is the dual regen, life gain on block/on hit, and Energy Shield Leech at the same time
Last edited by Kroughfire on Sep 28, 2016, 7:22:28 PM
cybil's is 120% alone with max block.
and the life gain on hit is a bit worse than before for bosses since we can only have 20 blade.
i played with it until lvl 90, then i realize how good the scourge can be.

the scourge is 160% + some good travel node in the witch tree, a better attack speed.
but the best point is that the minion damage is increased damage on us.

so it's like 160% spell damage + 160% damage over time damage. ( +45% from the tree ). it's a lot more damage than cybil's paw
Last edited by xMasaox on Sep 27, 2016, 6:57:54 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info