The Dancing Dervish - An Insight into the Design Process

Awesome work
Nice read.
GGG listens to its fans!!! Thank you!
Indeed a nice read.
Very nice idea.
I was hoping for a Vaal Animate weapon akin to this, but a unique's cool, too.
Probably won't use it, but definitely a neat concept.
One question, though:
You said it wouldn't scale well enough into late game if it was available in cruel.
But aren't there weapons with mods based on player level?
Couldn't you just use "100% increased physical damage" with
"2% increased weapon physical damage per level" or add a flat amount based on something like that?
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
Now this... this is unique! Can't wait to play with this.
"when the minion animated and I could finally fight unarmed" lol ye, the animated sword is "unarmed" too:P
D3 treasure goblins's escape portal is an entrance to Wraeclast
Now that's Fun!

I really like the overall concept ideas of the "developer-designed" items (such as the whispering Ice). And the Dancing Dervish sounds really really funny!

I'm a bit concearned about end game Bosses. But the idea of giving Summoners an interesting new Melee Skill is just awesome!

Keep up such entertaining Developments. We need much more of those in PoE!

@ Rhys: Will the Minion actually DIE when Rampage ends? Can/Will it die through normal damage (or, as SRS, be immune to it)?
The Reason for asking these Questions is: Will it work with Minion Instability and Beacon of Corruption Necromancer Skill?
That would be really awesome and this would be a very nice motivation to give the Sword as much Life Nodes in passive Tree as possible.

What happens if I use a "cast on Death" combination with the sword. Will this trigger on my death, or on minion death?

btw: I'm still hoping for a Remote-"Kill all my minions" Skill ;-)

I am a petty-fat-dumbass-Kid. So please listen to my unwanted oppinions!

Vote Tasuni for President!...I mean 'for Hideout'!
Last edited by Mr_Dude on Apr 28, 2016, 5:38:53 AM
I really lile the idea ;) and art is also awesome!
I really hope that this sword can use stuff like Comk
Otherwise it'll be just as shitty as vaal double strike...
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
Sounds interesting

Does this mean it supports coc? Will it discharge or proc spells like the caster?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info