The Dancing Dervish - An Insight into the Design Process

This is really freeking awesome.

Also, this is written beautifully. Some of it sounds like poetry!
I am a shadow. I was born the youngest daughter of a respected family, raised to fight, weep and bleed for God and the Order. I would have died to keep my mouth shut. Professional integrity, it's called. That lord sang a different tune once I had taken their children.
Very nice design, wouldnt it be nice to mirror any melee skill you use instead of cyclone alone? The animated weapon will benefit from your own attack speed as well.
Last edited by Megidolaon on Apr 28, 2016, 7:36:48 PM
Even if i'm not sure it'll be playable (getting rampage / bosses issue), i really like the design of it and how it evolved. Well done.
This is a cool idea, except your forced into a 2h sword and facebreakers, and going facebreakers pretty much locks up your helm, rings and ammy and to a lesser extent your belt.

I REALLY like the skin but i'm afraid that you just add this sword to any Facebreaker Cyclone build and viola, you get free damage.

It's probably been said over and over and over again but if this sword was it's own thing, maybe with a cooldown and you just animate the sword and it casts Whirling Durvish for it's duration and then it disappears, but you don't lose your sword, gloves, rings, ammy, helm and belt slot for phys damage.

IDK, I'll reserve judgement till I see the sword in action, but right now it's a cool idea but I think that if the sword was a stand-alone item like Whispering ice it would be good.
TLDR;Worthless
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
What happens when the sword is out doing its thing and you get disconnected? Does the sword re-appear after you log back in? I assume you've thought of this in design, but that would be quite the surprise to find the sword remains lost in the ether somewhere following one of the many frequent disconnects people seem to be having following Ascendancy going live.
"
DelphaeRs wrote:
If it only activates on rampage, how well can it do boss fights? Won't you just do no damage if you want facebreakers to activate for your main damage? Or am i missing something.
Yes, you are missing something - second weapon slot in which you can put a shield to play normal FB build for killing bosses.
Spoiler
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Last edited by silumit on Apr 28, 2016, 9:19:51 PM
"
silumit wrote:
"
DelphaeRs wrote:
If it only activates on rampage, how well can it do boss fights? Won't you just do no damage if you want facebreakers to activate for your main damage? Or am i missing something.
Yes, you are missing something - second weapon slot in which you can put a shield to play normal FB build for killing bosses.
Spoiler

The question is, does killing worms from the unique flask gives you kills for rampage ? Could be a way to keep it up.

Edit : just tested it it doesn't work =(

Well at least it got a extremely beautiful 3D art
Last edited by Phenixer on Apr 28, 2016, 10:44:43 PM
This sword's about as big as I expected the Goddess Unleashed to be. Instead, TGU is somewhat like smacking mobs with a fancy police baton.
https://redd.it/p0hyul
"
This sword's about as big as I expected the Goddess Unleashed to be. Instead, TGU is somewhat like smacking mobs with a fancy police baton.
"respect muh authoritah!" xDDD
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info