Global Chat, Challenges, Reporting...

How about doing the challenges yourself? You spent all that money, try p,aging the game. If you don't enjoy them, don't do them. Just stop ruining global chat.
"
neonive wrote:
Im with OP on this one. 820 is for challenges in general. Haters prob jelly of linked exalts and QQ report...Its not P2W either. Exalts don't make themselves.

I'm against the OP's pov. There should NOT be trading in 820. A player can have a trade chat and global chat up, so just have trade 820 and global 820 up, and hope someone finds what you are looking for.

When trade was allowed on 820 it was a mess and people who were offering challenge finds often left the channel in disgust at the people selling challenges.

Some times are better than others for finding people in 820, so if it is dead, just keep it open and run some areas and offer up any finds you have.

PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
Last post because I'm out of here. If anyone wants to see the improvements I suggested, please voice this out.

"
Timewar9 wrote:
Here's the way I see it.

Person complains about being banned for scamming, gets unbanned.
Person complains for being banned for cross league trading and demands refund, finds out isn't really banned but locked and it looks like threat of monetary backlash works.
Person complains of getting muted for trading in global and adds in monetary backlash that may or may not be true. Let's face it, packs have been out for a while, if you haven't bought the pack you intended to buy yet, it's not cause of someone muting you for trading in global.

I haven't bought a pack because my economy was shit. Buying a pack when they were launched vs buying a pack now is a difference of $200. Doesn't matter to GGG because USD stays the same for them, but for Canadians, our economy is starting to get better, and I might have saved another $50 if I wait til last minute. That's my reasoning I haven't bought a pack, and now I won't buy one.

"
ladish wrote:
Again, it is a rule that is there to prevent endless spamming of people selling/buying. The reason 820 is protected is because it was conceived for master *sharing* not yet another place to trade to win.

And another thing: trying to buy/leech a random challenge at some random moment in time is massively futile. The trick is you sit in 820 and wait patiently for someone to post the challenge you need and then jump on that. As a rule of thumb I ignore people I see asking for random challenges endlessly and I imagine so do a lot of other people.

I'm not sure if you've played this league, but it's not masters sharing anymore.

And sitting around in 820, not running maps, lab, or anything, to snipe a whisper to someone is anti-fun.

"
Barivius wrote:
How about doing the challenges yourself? You spent all that money, try p,aging the game. If you don't enjoy them, don't do them. Just stop ruining global chat.

I enjoy the community aspect of Challenge hunting, and if I'm penalized because I'm giving away currency for help, then continue being ungrateful.
edit: I tried reason but you aren't worth the time or effort. glhf.
Last edited by ladish on Apr 27, 2016, 10:45:04 PM
"
Whoaness wrote:

I enjoy the community aspect of Challenge hunting, and if I'm penalized because I'm giving away currency for help, then continue being ungrateful.

You aren't penalized for giving away currency for help. You are penalized for potentially prioritizing players offering help to YOU (because you offer currency) over another player.

You are penalized for souring the cooperative nature of 820 with trade offers.

You can "give" currency to anyone without penalty. It is the "offering" part - that makes it trade, that is prohibited.

To make it more clear, it is like the difference between offering to have sex with someone and offering money to someone for them to have sex with you.

You are being penalized for the latter.

The trade channels are the "red light" district, please keep your challenge mongering within them.
PoE Origins - Piety's story http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2081910
think moderation in global chats should be a little more hands off. people have an ignore function for a reason.

oh and increase the ignore list maximum (before anyone brings that up)
For all your up-to-date Path of Exile news and events, check out the official Path of Exile Forum here -------- http://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/
I don't really care that people want to buy or sell challenges in whichever chat channel generally. But I've also noticed that these buyers/sellers tend to be those that CONSTANTLY spam the channel non stop. It's this point that annoys the hell outta me and if I see my chat flooded with your WTS/WTB you can be sure I'll report you.
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Whoaness wrote:
I'm not sure if you've played this league, but it's not masters sharing anymore.

And sitting around in 820, not running maps, lab, or anything, to snipe a whisper to someone is anti-fun.

"
Barivius wrote:

Oh! So you're one of those people who makes global 820 unusable. You want to use 820 to BUY challenges, I want to use 820 to SHARE masters, and you WTBing in 820 makes it much harder for me to do that. I honestly quit doing my masters this league because 820 was so cluttered with shit.

Please. Trade = trade chat. If you like the PoE community as you say, then you'll avoid ruining one of the most useful community-driven tools in 820 (not to say all these "LFM Gorge rota PST" people aren't doing that too, but at least that's still sharing, rather than outright trading).
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
adghar wrote:
At least a mute is not a ban.

That's the thinking I've preferred ever since I got a slap on the wrist for offering free stuff in global. Granted, it wasn't 100% clear that it was free, so I guess it's reasonable to warn me for that. Anyways, yeah. Thinking "at least a mute is not a ban" helps me not fly into a raaaaaaaaaaage over being wrongfully punished.

Someone tried to trade in global chat and is "wrongfully punished"... Hahahahahahahaha!
Last edited by ivkoto77777 on Apr 28, 2016, 7:19:02 AM
Sorry man but your whole point is a non-issue. Trade 820 was fine this league. I got all my shit done. And the difference in posting frequency is not even a very good Argument to make since there are rots and whatnot. Me and a couple others just did a bit of advertising for trade 820 in global, nothing annoying and it was fine. How about being part of the solution?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info