Elemental overload.

So im doing the witch and with this skill i would focus more points inot other things instead of so much critical. The problem would be that i dont know how much dps would i lose (or win?) and how to get the power charges.

Is it worth to get it?
Last bumped on Apr 27, 2016, 10:28:12 PM
I proc elemental overload through 2 mechanisms on my non-crit caster:

• Stack cast speed: With say 5 casts per second, you'll be critting every 4 seconds on average with even with just 5% base crit so you'll have EO procced 67% of the time under ideal circumstances. Should be noted that spell echo casts either both crit or both don't crit so the effective cast speed is halved when using spell echo. Still use it though cus it's op.
  • Use a level 1 cwdt + GMP + ice spear: whenever you get hit you send out spears, the second form has 600% increased crit chance on top of a high base chance. If it hits something you'll have a ~50% chance to proc EO, neglecting any other sources of increased crit.

Personally I don't bother with power charges or stacking crit chance at all and just use the controlled destruction gem for an additional multiplier.
For try for see and for know.
IGN: Sap
I tried it on my non-crit Freezing Pulser using Controlled Destruction (so only 5% base crit) with about 7 casts a second. It was ok. It procced often enough, but it was not reliable - sometimes it wasn't on for bossfights, sometimes it went out while moving from one pack to the next.

I wouldn't invest much into supporting it as a caster (like picking up power charges or getting additional crit chance) but it's nice to have if you path nearby and have decent cast speed.
scroogetemplar / scroogewitch / scroogemarauder

Freezing Pulser (safe + affordable): https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1529856
The boots enchant that increases crit chance when you haven't crit recently is perfect for Elemental Overload and usually not too expensive on trade.

Orb of lightning works really well for it too because it just sits there and constantly hits, giving tons of chances to crit
Last edited by Protatoe69 on Apr 27, 2016, 10:24:38 AM
"
katchwi wrote:
So im doing the witch and with this skill i would focus more points inot other things instead of so much critical. The problem would be that i dont know how much dps would i lose (or win?) and how to get the power charges.

Is it worth to get it?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1652917#p13217162
Remember, suffering is convenient.
That is why many people prefer it.
Happiness requires effort.
Thanks guys, info was really useful since this is my first time (that i will go high lvl) with a witch.

I am using whispering ice and i have 20%crit without power charges. My goal is to hit hard and slow with ice storm, i dont care about casting speed, and penetrate resistances. D2 style.

Another question, if i add fire to my staff, would it count as a fire skill? So if i pick elementalist, the nod that penetrate 20 cold when using fire skill would work. But i want it full cold and elementalist is really ugly to my eyes.

My staff
Last edited by katchwi on Apr 27, 2016, 7:46:03 PM
No, it's a fire skill if it's a fire skill.
If you converted all your cold damage to fire damage it would still be a cold skill.
Zaanus:
Global chat: Mechanics for A work one way, B for another, C for a third but also with A, B uses C but not A, and D uses A&B but not C

___
Isn't a "no" better than an ignore?
elemental overload is so easy to proc. just get orb of storms with inc crit strikes and bam, you're good to go
"
xMustard wrote:
elemental overload is so easy to proc. just get orb of storms with inc crit strikes and bam, you're good to go

Truth. Also useful as an alternative for blasphemy for cursing, i've got a double-CoH orb of storms on my Touch of God build that cripples bosses/tough mobs while also proccing ele overload for me (using a Romira's without RT, so i don't need any other sources of crit strike chance to proc overload frequently enough)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info