This is a message to the people doing lab runs

"
NeroNoah wrote:
A mathematician is killed everytime someone brings steamcharts for their poorly thought guesstimates.

And soon, my revenge will be complete.

My opinion on the lab probably has more to do with having a bad computer or maybe it is poorly programmed code...but after I completed lab on Merciless and getting disconnected after the fight...then running it again and getting extreme lag only during boss fight...I refused to run it again, I haven't played since.

The idea of the lab and ascendancy is cool and is a sort of "capstone" for your character, but there has to be some reworking. Making ascendancy a core part of this game that already suffers from disconnects and lag issues reliant on basically a "hardcore" mode makes for a very frustrating experience.

Now I know I don't have the best computer, but I hear complaints about Lab and Perandus mob lag from people with up to date setups...how in the hell does this game demand so many resources?

All in all, the game has stagnated and reached a sort of breaking point in terms of build diversity/fun.

Just make Invasion part of standard, give players ascendancy points after completing each difficulty, give lab five portals like a regular map system, and leave the rewards primarily for enchants to glove/helm/something else.

There's too many cool things about this game to let it get muddied up by lab and Perandus frustrations.
stop liking what i dont like
Personnally I find Laby boring because too hard as merciless for me. Not doing ten times a day like some people... It s a bit too elitist, may be because i'm older and have no competitivity ideas.
Furthermore why not (just an idea) separate the enchants from the ascendancy points.

I don t know. I just feel bad with it. I don't ask anytjing finally, just telling. But i will never ask people help, like rushers (even free) sometimes i try with a friend but i m now bored and try it alone in the 2 low difficulties.

I don't have a real good sight on it and still appreciate this game.
#ForeverNoob
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

but this is a video game, its only mission is to bring fun to its users.

+1 but it becomes to time wasting after lab Enchantments introduced.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
Give points at 35 55 75
Let the labrats hunt their enchantment

Watch the lab dieing

Ppl run the lab to enable builds not cause its so fucking fun to see your gear becoming meaningless and ms the only usefull stat

Click s ingame click friendlist watch how many ppl are in lab atm ....hyperbole

Spoiler have 25 online atm noone runs that dodge or die shit
https://poe-ssf.herokuapp.com/. Join the fun.
SSF HC Legacy Witch Lvl 53
Last edited by ventiman on May 3, 2016, 7:18:42 AM
I cant handle all the traps in the lab, I dunno what to do.
It is killing this game for me.

I dont like puzzles, I dont like massive area checks, the damage is insane, I cant handle it. Movement skills just confuses the situation even more and also my sumons get in the way and I cant see anything.
I dunno what to do.

Everything else about the lab aside from the traps I can get behind.
I really dunno what to do about this or how I can fix my situation.

Very sad =(

Last edited by RootCookie on May 3, 2016, 11:44:57 AM
"
Some people embrace things that are uncomfortable to them and learn to love them instead of whining on internet forums.

Exactly. Surviving the lab and ascending is exciting.

Like yesterday a friend (who started PoE 2months ago) came on and it was like:
- him: Hey whatya doing
- me: just ran the lab with this new char
- him: how was it?
- me: those statues in first Izaro fight, then golems
- him: Aw i hate those
- me: and 2 golden doors , anyway wanna do anything?
- him: guess i'm gonna try and beat the lab with my other char, you can join if you want.
Well, we had a blast (had one intense moment with darts and spinning poles, but that's mostly just because i'm a bit impatient when not playing alone, and it was great to live ^^)

So not everyone hates it and mabye there's more "new" people who don't even question it.

If ascendancy points would be just given for leveling to 35 or beating Malachai without adding something else that would be a bit of a sad display i feel. Power for free is just boring and the lab has a great atmosphere for this imo.
OT
"
evinta wrote:
Ranter's note: snarfblat means to fuck one's mother.

A message for the translator: Look snarfblatter, if the word means plan, then translate it as "plan." Do your snarfblatting job, damnit.
When Stephen Colbert was killed by HYDRA's Project Insight in 2014, the comedy world lost a hero. Since his life model decoy isn't up to the task, please do not mistake my performance as political discussion. I'm just doing what Steve would have wanted.
Last edited by ScrotieMcB on May 3, 2016, 11:44:27 AM
[Removed by Support] and give actual constructive criticism on where to take the lab. It's in the game, they wont throw away hours of development because "waaahh waaahh I can't get gear enough to avoid getting 1shot by the Izaro".

The only complaints I see as being reasonable is that you have to complete the trials on every difficulty for every character, there's no reason to kill monsters along the way except if they block your way, that you are forced into doing it for the ascendancy and that the lab is just way too easy if you're doing maps: The traps are easy(except needs retuning for hybrid/ES based characters), the boss is easy, Argus is easy, knowing where to go without even looking up the layout is easy. Basically it's a required slow pain while leveling and then they're a snoozefest.

Basically give us a solid reason(more gem xp?) to explore the lab and put the ascendancies elsewhere(Malachai? Dom?).

There's no reason to remove it from the game, and asking people to stop farming it is just incredibly stupid. As if GGG can't differentiate between 1 player doing the run 200 times and 200 people doing the run 1 time... Jesus Christ.
IGN:
Standard: @MeowViking
Perandus: @VikingVortex
Last edited by Melissa_GGG on May 3, 2016, 12:36:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info