0.9.5g Patch Notes

"
masteralbert wrote:
uhmmmm aof cannot resist cold dmg? What is this crap. How can u do this change? Didn't u think before u did this change?

My templar is extremely strong with 27k dps. Now it still is, but with a pack of cold mobs i can NOT survive. I mean wtf is this change? Think before u implent such things. Chaos is full of cold missile mobs and i simply cannot survive because ill get frozen nonstop and CANNOT do ANYTHING!

So yea, nice change to let the OP AOF guys not play chaos anymore, really helpful nerf of AOF........ I'd rather have my dps lowered by 10K than this!!

This is sad... real sad.

Oh and 1 more thing. If u do these kind of things, give a skilltree respec pls, because i definately don't want aof anymore. I can't imagine anyone will. Its totally useless at high lvls now.

Way to go to make AOF from OP to useless and make half of the server quit :P

Based on your attitude I think this beta would be better without you.
Um, there is a counter to cold damage mobs. Get a large life pool to reduce freeze duration and carry heating flasks.

Heh, is the MultiProj un-nerf temporary until you guys find a better nerf or is it decided that projectile spells are pretty much 100% balanced around it now?

"
masteralbert wrote:
uhmmmm aof cannot resist cold dmg? What is this crap. How can u do this change? Didn't u think before u did this change?

My templar is extremely strong with 27k dps. Now it still is, but with a pack of cold mobs i can NOT survive. I mean wtf is this change? Think before u implent such things. Chaos is full of cold missile mobs and i simply cannot survive because ill get frozen nonstop and CANNOT do ANYTHING!

So yea, nice change to let the OP AOF guys not play chaos anymore, really helpful nerf of AOF........ I'd rather have my dps lowered by 10K than this!!

This is sad... real sad.

Oh and 1 more thing. If u do these kind of things, give a skilltree respec pls, because i definately don't want aof anymore. I can't imagine anyone will. Its totally useless at high lvls now.

This has GOT to be a troll. And as such, I'm going to put my reactions to it in the round file.

You went over the top on trolling, dude or dudette, whichever you are.
"
Lo4f wrote:
"
SLAINE wrote:
new keystone:
i use the instability, so i am not interessted, that my minions could survive even longer, "they should die and take all enemys with them" ;)

This is exactly my thought on the new keystone Necromantic Aegis. Is the idea to boost their spell damage? The zombie explosions already 1-shot the majority of foes, is this new passive to boost thier explosion fire damage somehow? Surely you don't think we want to give the minions resistance boosts or armor/energy shield to survive longer. I guess this might boost the heavily penalized spectre damage if you choose to raise casters, but meh.

The Avatar of Fire change will encourage group play. That is a good thing.

Hex Master change is a great improvement, encourages group gameplay.

Would be nice to fix the loot system so that party memebers had an equal chance to roll on valuable drops. People are generally selfish and the current system rewards loot whoring instead of working together.

Fireball needs more than a 1% crit boost. Ice spear needed to be toned down- good work.

Love the new zoomed out view, it's much less disorienting. Hopefully, it will also lead to less suprise reflect aura deaths as well.

On the issue of minions I actually think this would diversify the minion-builds more and encourage flasks with minion-healing. Just having suicide-bombers is pretty one-dimentional. Giving more options for minion-builds is a good change overall.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
"
masteralbert wrote:

This is sad... real sad.

Amazing writeup!
First of, I do not understand how you can't survive in Chaos. Second, how the hell do you do 27K DPS? Third, Are you serious about all you said?

I actually think it's a good change, makes you think an extra time before you engage enemies. I have yet to die of these cold missiles.
ok everyone maybe i went a bit over the top raging. I just felt this change was a bit absurd :).

Anyway yes i tried chaos. With the cold missile instances its just crap, u get nonstop frozen. So when i see these instances, i just go out and start a new one, simple as that.

BUT, with pvp this change is bullshit. How can u pvp a cold witch with this? I'd really like to hear something about that. And don't tell me 'use dispells frozen flasks' because when u get nonstop cold missiles on u, u will still get frozen right after u use the potion.

"
masteralbert wrote:
BUT, with pvp this change is bullshit. How can u pvp a cold witch with this? I'd really like to hear something about that. And don't tell me 'use dispells frozen flasks' because when u get nonstop cold missiles on u, u will still get frozen right after u use the potion.
I take it you're an expert in PvP? Considering this game has no PvP outside of bandits.. and even then it's just added for a bit of amusement not much else. I really don't see how anyone can make judgements on gameplay that doesn't exist. For all we know PvP skills will balanced completely seperate from PvE like they did in Guild Wars. Any theorycrafting and specualtion on PvP is absolutely moot at this point.

OMG these changes totally break PvP! O wait.. there is no PvP! Who cares.

"
radiatoren wrote:
"
Lo4f wrote:
"
SLAINE wrote:
new keystone:
i use the instability, so i am not interessted, that my minions could survive even longer, "they should die and take all enemys with them" ;)

This is exactly my thought on the new keystone Necromantic Aegis. Is the idea to boost their spell damage? The zombie explosions already 1-shot the majority of foes, is this new passive to boost thier explosion fire damage somehow? Surely you don't think we want to give the minions resistance boosts or armor/energy shield to survive longer. I guess this might boost the heavily penalized spectre damage if you choose to raise casters, but meh.

The Avatar of Fire change will encourage group play. That is a good thing.

Hex Master change is a great improvement, encourages group gameplay.

Would be nice to fix the loot system so that party memebers had an equal chance to roll on valuable drops. People are generally selfish and the current system rewards loot whoring instead of working together.

Fireball needs more than a 1% crit boost. Ice spear needed to be toned down- good work.

Love the new zoomed out view, it's much less disorienting. Hopefully, it will also lead to less suprise reflect aura deaths as well.

On the issue of minions I actually think this would diversify the minion-builds more and encourage flasks with minion-healing. Just having suicide-bombers is pretty one-dimentional. Giving more options for minion-builds is a good change overall.

I agree, the new keystone is clearly not ment to synergize witht the explodo friends. It's used for a different build. I like the idea. you could probably pick up less +minions and just focus on tank passives for the minions. Then get + damage on something for offense.
I agree with most previous statements to the effect that the nerf on Avatar of Fire is way too drastic as it completely negate it's usefulness in Maelstrom (a 50% cold resist penalty would have made much more sense).

That being said I'm more pissed at the fact that I'll
have to pay up to 11 orbs of regret to remove that last branch leading to AoF when we should have received a free respec for such a change to the passive tree.

Thanks for zooming out. Should help spot enemy auras. Hopefully will be able to zoom out even further.
IGN @dime

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info