0.9.5g Patch Notes

"
Kabraxis wrote:

How this patch killed grouping? Because im apparently missing something....

Well the only reason to group before was to keep up a portal, I think in general there needs to be more benefit to grouping, even if its not repeatable quests.

For the repeatable quests the rewards I mentioned were probably too good, I ment there just needs to be more motivation for playing with others for a change of pace.

Somthing like what Fiesta online has, in that game you can only sign up for instances once every 4 hours. In Fiesta, if gives you a break from questing / grinding to spend time playing with real people.
"
Chris wrote:
Added a new keystone passive - Necromantic Aegis: Applies all properties of your Shield (defences, block, implicit mods and explicit mods) to your minions instead of to you. Thanks to Skivverus for the suggestion that we based it on!

Can you imagine how insanely cool it would be if minions gained the socketed skills and supports? Hah fun thought.

Speaking of which, anyone know if the player character still receives the socketed skills?
SC: 95 97 93 96 100 93 94 93 94 95 96 97 94 93 94
HC RIP: 94 96
Character archive: view-thread/963707
Last edited by unsane on Jan 11, 2012, 6:12:13 AM
PoE needs only one thing to encourage grouping - separate drops per character in party (DEFINITELY not FFA like atm).

FFA loot = ppl will play solo in most cases no matter how many quests, group content, dailys or instances you'll put into the game.

Modern games implement and change old group and loot mechanics not without reason (for example separate loot in Diablo 3 or public Craft Nodes and no mob tagging ("MY EXP AND LOOT FROM THIS ONE!") in Guild Wars 2) - they change that because these mechanics are:

1. Outdated
2. Definitely they dont encourage grouping... in fact they do exacly oposite.

So i agree with you that game needs more gruop stuff and more groping benefits but i also state that with FFA loot rules adding whatever GGG will design is totally, totally pointless.

uhmmmm aof cannot resist cold dmg? What is this crap. How can u do this change? Didn't u think before u did this change?

My templar is extremely strong with 27k dps. Now it still is, but with a pack of cold mobs i can NOT survive. I mean wtf is this change? Think before u implent such things. Chaos is full of cold missile mobs and i simply cannot survive because ill get frozen nonstop and CANNOT do ANYTHING!

So yea, nice change to let the OP AOF guys not play chaos anymore, really helpful nerf of AOF........ I'd rather have my dps lowered by 10K than this!!

This is sad... real sad.

Oh and 1 more thing. If u do these kind of things, give a skilltree respec pls, because i definately don't want aof anymore. I can't imagine anyone will. Its totally useless at high lvls now.

Way to go to make AOF from OP to useless and make half of the server quit :P
Last edited by masteralbert on Jan 11, 2012, 6:33:46 AM
Great patch :D

Just one question Chris please :
Any ETA about the minion UI (at least a counter) ?

Thanks !
Current exiles under command :

Snoop Lv 73 cold witch Normal
Razagaal Lv 63 Fire summoner witch legacy
Daggoth Lv 50 AoF summoner Templar legacy
Stock up on "dispells frozen" flasks or dont play a glass cannon then.
Disregard witches, aquire currency.
"
dust7 wrote:
Stock up on "dispells frozen" flasks or dont play a glass cannon then.

whats the use of dispells frozen if 10 missile guys are shooting u nonstop? If u dispell frozen u'd be frozen again within a second.....
good to see AOF being nufred some what.
Very nice camera changes!I think it can be increased more!Because this will help ranged or caster classes!I am looking forward to see the control camera distance feature!
"
masteralbert wrote:
uhmmmm aof cannot resist cold dmg? What is this crap. How can u do this change? Didn't u think before u did this change?

My templar is extremely strong with 27k dps. Now it still is, but with a pack of cold mobs i can NOT survive. I mean wtf is this change? Think before u implent such things. Chaos is full of cold missile mobs and i simply cannot survive because ill get frozen nonstop and CANNOT do ANYTHING!

So yea, nice change to let the OP AOF guys not play chaos anymore, really helpful nerf of AOF........ I'd rather have my dps lowered by 10K than this!!

This is sad... real sad.

Oh and 1 more thing. If u do these kind of things, give a skilltree respec pls, because i definately don't want aof anymore. I can't imagine anyone will. Its totally useless at high lvls now.

Way to go to make AOF from OP to useless and make half of the server quit :P

Welcome to beta. if you're going to quit over 1 change, you weren't going to be staying either way.

Nice changes... although I really didn't notice a difference in the zoom level.
"the premier Action RPG for hardcore gamers."
-GGG

Happy hunting/fishing
Last edited by Wittgenstein on Jan 11, 2012, 8:10:07 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info