(2.4) Way of the Grand Spectrum X10 (Wild Strike Elementalist) HC Essence League

Thoughts on increased burning damage support?
"
DevilDuke wrote:
Thoughts on increased burning damage support?

Actually I'm not even sure if I will use elemental conflux or not. I was using it for the shock but it seems the shock is not there vs bosses( super fast small hits)

It is not a build well suited for burning neither for the same reason. Supporting with added cold and added lightning scales better with Viridian Grand Spectrums.
Full not confusing build guide coming soon.

Edit: build done.
Last edited by KaptNCrounch on Jun 7, 2016, 4:09:52 PM
Hi, thanks for your build, really funny, and cheap as well.

Have a question about blade vortex and cwdt: the build is based on eva, but we must be hit to proc blade vortex. A good score of evasion can be a problem no?
"
Psycho_Ad wrote:
Hi, thanks for your build, really funny, and cheap as well.

Have a question about blade vortex and cwdt: the build is based on eva, but we must be hit to proc blade vortex. A good score of evasion can be a problem no?

Yea it's fun and cheap I plaid it as a league starter and is viable with little to no investment.

And in end game you can throw on it all your wealth to reach 6k life with 150k dps + the elemental penetration of the ascendancy.

For CWDT and Blade Vortex:

Receiving about 500 dmg every 8 seconds or so is nothing you have to think about, it just happens without noticing. Don't worry with this setup and being in melee range, Overlord will be up at least 90% of the time.
"
Yea it's fun and cheap I plaid it as a league starter and is viable with little to no investment.

And in end game you can throw on it all your wealth to reach 6k life with 150k dps + the elemental penetration of the ascendancy.

For CWDT and Blade Vortex:

Receiving about 500 dmg every 8 seconds or so is nothing you have to think about, it just happens without noticing. Don't worry with this setup and being in melee range, Overlord will be up at least 90% of the time.

Thanks, I was wondering because with your old build you cast it manually.

What about Hinekora's Sight, not a good idea after all?
Last edited by Psycho_Ad on Jun 11, 2016, 6:37:40 PM
"
Psycho_Ad wrote:

Thanks, I was wondering because with your old build you cast it manually.

What about Hinekora's Sight, not a good idea after all?

Became lazy :)

Yes it's a really good amulet. Choice was made to not use it because 5.5k to 6k life is not a luxury in maps t8+.

Are you currently making this build? Don't hesitate to modify it along the road. I would like to see results you come with. GL stay safe.

If anyone needs one of the grand spectrum viridian jewels pm me, selling it for 50 chaos
I really like your way to make Wild Strike viable, KaptNCrounch.
I loved the skill since the very first announcement. :)

I'm thinkin' about using Doryani's Catalyst for main hand and leap attack for movement, what do you think about that? I don't really like the movement limitations of the whirling blades (obstacles).

The Catalyst has so good stats for elemental builds and maybe it's physical damage is not that low to use for Wild Strike?

Edit: Another question came up! :) How come you are not using Physical to Lightning support gem for Wild Strike? Making it full elemental is just makes it better for this build. Or am I missing something?
Last edited by Ravic on Jun 16, 2016, 10:04:46 AM
"
Ravic wrote:
I really like your way to make Wild Strike viable, KaptNCrounch.
I loved the skill since the very first announcement. :)

I'm thinkin' about using Doryani's Catalyst for main hand and leap attack for movement, what do you think about that? I don't really like the movement limitations of the whirling blades (obstacles).

The Catalyst has so good stats for elemental builds and maybe it's physical damage is not that low to use for Wild Strike?

Edit: Another question came up! :) How come you are not using Physical to Lightning support gem for Wild Strike? Making it full elemental is just makes it better for this build. Or am I missing something?

Yes physical to lightning is the way to go if you are scaling your dmg from physical to elemental. That's what I did with the build that is currently in archive. For actual 2.3 build. I used pure elemental dmg weapon (anything with 1.8 as + 250 ele dps works). Physical to lightning becomes pointless because there is so little physical dmg to convert.

So yea doryani's catalyst is a good choice if you go physical to lightning. I am curious of results you get.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info