[2.6] Chieftain dual Siege Ballista. All map mods. 8k life. Beginner and budget tips.

@Elua
thanks, i am going to prepare then. I still have not much currency, so my only 6 link is tabula rasa and i just have 4600 hp(lvl 85). Rare 6 links no hp, start at 30 chaos on poe.trade and i have like 65 chaos now. Any Ideas what i should look for ?

I just found some expensive chest, which looks good for the build in general.

Cospri's Will Assassin's Garb

Enemies can have 1 additional Curse
Your Curses can apply to Hexproof Enemies

is that something for this build ?

Last edited by Kharadas on Sep 18, 2016, 5:02:38 PM
"
Kharadas wrote:
@Elua
thanks, i am going to prepare then. I still have not much currency, so my only 6 link is tabula rasa and i just have 4600 hp(lvl 85). Rare 6 links no hp, start at 30 chaos on poe.trade and i have like 65 chaos now. Any Ideas what i should look for ?

I just found some expensive chest, which looks good for the build in general.

Cospri's Will Assassin's Garb

Enemies can have 1 additional Curse
Your Curses can apply to Hexproof Enemies

is that something for this build ?

No. Currently new maps are much, much harder then old ones and you need to survive first.

Kintsugi is best chest option.

Yes it's quite expansive, but current meta is very brutal for any life based totem build.
I have feeling developers balance content to 12k + energy shield characters. Not fun.
GGG pushing players to play CI based Blade Vortex Pathfinder...so sad.
I think many bosses are overtuned, and small arena sizes makes ranged off-screen tactics often impossible.

Last edited by Elua on Sep 18, 2016, 6:28:50 PM
I made this build on the old fashion way, with lioneye's first, but my friends had an idea, actually not with this build, but bow user rangers.

He used Voltaxic ofc to avoid reflects, and I thought how could this build work with it. So i bought one and replace 7! points on the tree, and it's awesome, I'm lvl 83 deadeye now, my highest maps what I did is a bazar (i don't buy maps, and that was the only one i found right now, but i do several lvl 10 maps). And it was like 4-5 mins 'full clear'.

This is my current gear:
Spoiler

Jewels:
Spoiler

Tree
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAICAADuAdEFLQagCpsQzBPaFSAVQxmKGbQaOCLiI_YnIScvKhMqTSu2LOktgy5TNZI64TwtPydDMUd-R-JJE0rITZJN41T-WOVZ81oaWitiWmSEZU1l02ZUZp5uqnFDcg9yqXTtdct673sgfXWDX4PMhrOJ4IxGjX2NfpBVkx-Ub5XIlcyXBqOKo_KkOaZXrKqv67EBtfK3PrvjvTa95r6nwxPDM8M6xBXEosT2xq7NmM9e02_Tfti92sHfmOZY5wrqYu0_7g7vevJF9qP4k_lj-b3-Cf4K_of-j_66?accountName=KisBali&characterName=Eszterino

My future plans on tree is probably the +2 point +1 jewel socket and the eva/life% nods at the start of ranger tree. I want to do a huge evasion build, but also I am thinking about +1 jewel socket and the road to phase acrobatic (i can get it at lvl93). Or i just remove 2-3x 5% life nodes and i can get the phase earlier (at 90, and i can get a lot of effective life with it).

Also I am using Totemic Zeal, cuz i think the basic totem placing speed is horrible, i am going to get 20% ballista, as soon as possible, I don't understand how can u play without it.

Links like the same on other skills (or could be the same, depends on chroms l8er) and a siege ballista looks like this: SB - FA - Poison - Pierce - WED - Added lightning.

I am trying to get as much lightning dmg to attack as possible on amulets, rings, etc, and i bought some cheap lightning dmg/wed/lightning dmg to attack amulet, and trying to get +1 curse on it, if I succes, i will buy 5 link voltaxic and make a dual course with proj weakeness + vulnerability.

Also i'm going with 6 frenzy btw.

My tooltip dmg without flask but lvl 19 herald of thunder and lvl16 wrath 17,5k, with frenzy and atziri's promise it's 29,5k. Next i want to buy Witchfire brew + dying sun utility flask.

My current hp is 4,3k with these items, jewels and tree.

My other future plans could be buying 6-Link Kintsugi (it's just 8-10 exa), or dunno... 6 link voltaxic is around the same price, and i only buy 5L kintsugi,,,
Last edited by KisBali on Sep 19, 2016, 1:56:59 PM
@KisBali

If you are boosting elemental / chaos dmg you have relatively low attack speed. With high attack speed ( my build ) Totemic Zeal is useless, because totem placement is much, much better. That is why I don't use it.

My current dps tooltip ( full buffed ) is around 40k ( 5L chest only sadly )

http://i.imgur.com/vMhx572.jpg

and gear:

Last edited by Elua on Sep 19, 2016, 4:58:52 PM
Is rat's nest best in slot helm? I've been playing around with a 25% siege ballista alpha's howl just to see how it feels with the added utility. I've noticed there are some mana issues which kinda force you to add a mana regen enchant somewhere and this helm helps with that. You definitely lose damage though because 15% attack speed is pretty insane. I kinda like the added cold resist on the helm allowing me to go more full damage on my rings. Just wondering your thoughts I suppose.
"
Zenzy wrote:
Is rat's nest best in slot helm? I've been playing around with a 25% siege ballista alpha's howl just to see how it feels with the added utility. I've noticed there are some mana issues which kinda force you to add a mana regen enchant somewhere and this helm helps with that. You definitely lose damage though because 15% attack speed is pretty insane. I kinda like the added cold resist on the helm allowing me to go more full damage on my rings. Just wondering your thoughts I suppose.

Rat's nest is very god for this build. But remember few things: you need have res capped and get some int in items, also Rat's nest don't have any hp. I can recommend it only if you get Kintsugi first and don't have any res / int problems. That helmet is like one of final upgrades.

And one more thing: because getting helmet enchant is extreme RNG ( 200+ uber lab farming runs ), best thing to do is buy Rat's rest with 40% Siege Ballista enchant ON.
Last edited by Elua on Sep 19, 2016, 6:01:59 PM
My speed could not be that bad on my build btw, it's actually rly fast, and i should decrease the speed and increase the dmg output so the poison can be bigger.

On the otherhand, I don't even have lvl19 wrath, it's just 17 right now, also there are no quality support gems (actually my poison has a bit, but it's worthless, cuz it's increasing the duration).
20% pierce --> 10% dmg (I will buy of l8er)
20% FA --> +10% speed
20% WED --> +10% wed
20% Lgt. dmg. --> 10% inc. lgt. dmg

It can be a huge boost.

If you check my jewels those are way more lower dmg sorource than yours or might not.. I don't know.

Now i need 0,5 lvl to get the n ext jewel slot, i'm going to get ~30% dmg boost kind of jewel there, cuz 4,3k life are far enough for me.

Also your speed mod on your boots is kind of insane, the cold dmg extra on mine is useless for me, my rings could be better, but the ruby ring was selfound and the other one was 1c.
Amulet was 1c either. My belt grants 20% WED, your one grants 42%.

Okey, I already have 6 link, so my dmg could be better on tooltip, BUT on the basar map everithing were still 1 shot, and poison drained their lives fast enough.

I'm on tablet right now, cuz i'm going to sleep in minutes, but i'm going to check the aps tomorrow.

This attack speed enchant doesn't seem to work with totems.
"
baerithrine wrote:
This attack speed enchant doesn't seem to work with totems.

yep, best boots enchant is "Adds 1-160 Lightning Damage if you haven't Killed Recently"

when I reach 90 lvl I will farm Uber lab more for this
Last edited by Elua on Sep 19, 2016, 7:19:58 PM
That new atlas map systam unlock bonus can be so annoying, just completed corrupted map with reflect + no regen and some other nasty mods:

http://i.imgur.com/zbBlSkh.jpg

It's not nice and easy, but doable on this build. If you can kite you can kill almost everything ;)

Atlas progress 76/125
Last edited by Elua on Sep 19, 2016, 11:34:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info